• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I'd be annoyed if he went to either of them but it's our own fault. Should have offered him a better deal earlier and shouldn't have only offered him a one year contract. He's been one of our most loyal players over the years and the club didn't pay him back for that.
Indeed. Both would sting a lot, I just hate Chelsea more.

What's your view on the Cesc rumour? Want him back?

He's probably not gonna sign it though. I mean, if we're to look at it the way a cunt agent would, even if he wants to stay, he'd be better off squeezing more out of Dortmund in 2015 when the clause is hanging over their heads - €135k is good, but there are worse players who make more. And if he signs he basically kills any chance of leaving for a long time.

Maybe Reus is better than the others though, I genuinely wouldn't know, but I'd think we all know how easily agents can manipulate players these days.

Well, the release clause is hanging over our heads already. I'm pretty sure that the clause can only be activated until April next year, maybe even earlier, similiar to Götze's, so that we can plan with or without Reus and not lose him on the last day of the transfer window.

Reus could already earn more money if he had moved to Bayern, so who knows. If he wants to stay why not sign a new contract and earn more money instantly? And it doesn't need to be an extension. If he only signed a new contract without the release clause, still until 2017, it'd be basically just another year for now.

But he'll obviously wait for next season. It's understandable to see how we do in the cup final and in the transfer window.

quite frankly, anyone losing to Mourinho twice in the league doesn't deserve to win the league period. You can't beat Mou, how do you expect to beat the other teams in the EPL?

Also, David Moyes getting sacked changed everything for a lot of teams. Dat Moyes Influence.

City got the same number of points from Chelsea as us ie. zero, zilch, nada, nothing, none, fuck all.

-City have dropped a lot of points with complacency, thinking the game is won at 1-0, and poor away form for the first 10 weeks or so

-Chelsea have dropped a lot of points because they haven't had the firepower to dismantle teams that defend deep, and in numbers

-We've dropped a lot of points because our defense is not good enough individually, and systematically, we don't respond well at all to conceding, and we don't know how to take the sting out of a game

I'd say we have the biggest task to make the necassary step to win the league next year. The second that Delaney goal went in, Lucas should have made his starting position 15 yards deeper, Suarez should have gone off for Coutinho, and we should have gone conservative on our own set pieces, instead of throwing all but 2 players forward having already been given a couple of warning shots by Bolasie.

Sterling didn't look tired, not sure why he was taken off. Either way, Sterling with 2 broken legs is better than Victor (ironic first name) fucking Moses

2,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

Schalke is basically doing the same as Bayern. Just one level lower. Like we buy all the Dortmund players they buy all the Leverkusen players lol.

Can they even afford him?

I don't see them being able to afford players that Leverkusen doesn't want to sell.

So LVG is not going to bring Kluivert with him to United according to the latest reports. I'm kind of glad because I don't want the club to become "Holland-ized" but since Blind is staying with the NT I suppose it means he won't be working with his usual people alongside him.

Hopefully we get the confirmation today, latest tomorrow morning and can then move forwards with the transfer business.

So LVG is not going to bring Kluivert with him to United according to the latest reports. I'm kind of glad because I don't want the club to become "Holland-ized" but since Blind is staying with the NT I suppose it means he won't be working with his usual people alongside him.

Hopefully we get the confirmation today, latest tomorrow morning and can then move forwards with the transfer business.

Reports also filtering through that LvG has relented and agreed to Giggs as the assistant manager. Hope that one doesn't bite us on the arse.

Walshy

Sterling didn't look tired, not sure why he was taken off. Either way, Sterling with 2 broken legs is better than Victor (ironic first name) fucking Moses
I am actually embarrassed that Victor Moses is at Liverpool.

Did you see that chance he had at the end? All he had to do is fucking kick the ball straight and he can't even do that right. Useless cunt.

Did you see that chance he had at the end? All he had to do is fucking kick the ball straight and he can't even do that right. Useless cunt.

Squad depth continues to be a concern. Needs sorting given your extra commitments next year.

He clearly doesn't give a shit, you can see it in his eyes and demeanour. Looks completely vacant, he doesn't react to his own fuck-ups at all. Don't have a clue why Rodgers has given him a single minute since October.

Walshy

Squad depth continues to be a concern. Needs sorting given your extra commitments next year.
It's a massive concern. It's time for FSG to back the manager. The rumored figures of about £60m isn't enough.

He clearly doesn't give a shit, you can see it in his eyes and demeanour. Looks completely vacant, he doesn't react to his own fuck-ups at all. Don't have a clue why Rodgers has given him a single minute since October.
He fucking clueless as well, has no tactical awareness of what to do.

Can't wait to send him back to Chelsea, should of done it in January.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham are reportedly planning an approach for Roberto Martinez as they look to test Everton's resolve following the club's failure to qualify for the Champions League.

According to the Times, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is hoping to tempt Martinez with the kind of transfer budget that is not on offer at Goodison Park.

If we got Martinez or De Boer that would be amazing.

Baldini also expects to keep his job:

Franco Baldini expects to be retained as Tottenham's technical director for the coming Premier League season, Goal can reveal.

Appointed last June after an extended courtship, the Italian has borne much of the criticism for the club's failure either to qualify for the Champions League or to win silverware following a £100 million summer spending spree.

While Baldini accepts that none of the seven senior players signed during his first White Hart Lane transfer window have excelled in their debut Premier League seasons - and is prepared to accept ultimate responsibility for their failings if his employer requires it - he argues that their recruitment should not be considered a waste of Tottenham's resources.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27289819

A new competition for Premier League and Championship clubs to field B teams will be considered by the Football Association on Wednesday.
It has been proposed that the teams could play in a league sandwiched between League Two and the Conference.
Another option is to merge League Two and the Conference with the B teams to form two regional leagues.
The proposals are part of FA chairman Greg Dyke's commission on the future of the national team.
More to follow.

L1NETT

Oh do one Greg Dyke

Our lower leagues are among the best supported and most entertaining lower leagues in the world. What on earth will B teams solve? Diluting the lower leagues with teams who don't care about winning, hoovering up and creating monopolies on youth players; destroying any hope of clubs becoming the next Crewe all in an misguided effort to chase the foreign leagues.

The reason we aren't bringing through young players is due to a chronic lack of good coaches, facilities, the ease big clubs can steal more talented foreigners and a balked loan system you fucking snail Dyke not because Chelsea and Arsenal B team aren't in League fucking two.

Go away

Can't wait to get rid of him. Lucas needs to go as well.

I reckon Rodgers will give Lucas one or two preseason games to see if he can sort himself out. If he doesn't, I'll have no qualms with him leaving. We should cash in on Agger as well if he's not in the first 11, and if we get a decent £9m+ offer for him.

Cissokho will be going as well, and wouldn't be surprised if we sold Enrique as well. Kelly, too. If all that happens, it will have to be a very risky, yet possibly necessary, defensive overhaul

edit: Toure as well. Christ. Skrtel, Sakho and Flanagan are the only 3 who we should be trying hard to keep, and even Sakho is developing a fucking huge question mark over his head.

Indeed. Both would sting a lot, I just hate Chelsea more.

What's your view on the Cesc rumour? Want him back?

It's amazing to me that former Arsenal captains can be so readily linked to moving to Man Utd. RVP leaving was bad, but Cesc?

It's unthinkable. His effigy will be burned every Saturday in the stands

subtles

Victor Moses is reminiscent of a Hodgson era signing. Abysmal performances time and time again.

I still hope we find an intelligent leader at CB. I'd bin Skrtel in a second.

pappe

I reckon Rodgers will give Lucas one or two preseason games to see if he can sort himself out. If he doesn't, I'll have no qualms with him leaving. We should cash in on Agger as well if he's not in the first 11, and if we get a decent £9m+ offer for him.

Cissokho will be going as well, and wouldn't be surprised if we sold Enrique as well. Kelly, too. If all that happens, it will have to be a very risky, yet possibly necessary, defensive overhaul

edit: Toure as well. Christ. Skrtel, Sakho and Flanagan are the only 3 who we should be trying hard to keep, and even Sakho is developing a fucking huge question mark over his head.

You will have to keep hold of each of those players. Dont forget you will be playing in the UCL as well. you cant expect to compete in 3-4 competitions with a thin squad you need to keep hold of all your current players barring 1 or 2 and get in 3-4 new faces which will be difficult in itself let alone getting in 6-7 players if you get rid of all those players as well and then you also risk doing what Spurs did this season with almost a whole new playing 11 and none of them gelling well.

what liverpool need is a defender who is a stone wall both physically and mentally, one who wont panic like our defence does when under pressure to keep the defence organised. Any good candidates?

You will have to keep hold of each of those players. Dont forget you will be playing in the UCL as well. you cant expect to compete in 3-4 competitions with a thin squad you need to keep hold of all your current players barring 1 or 2 and get in 3-4 new faces.

We already have reasonable depth at fullback, it's just that none of them are good enough to be first 11 imo. I like Flanagan, but he's not quite at that standard

RB: Johnson, Flanagan, Kelly
LB: Flanagan, Enrique, Cissokho

As it stands, Cissokho is definitely gone, Johnson is not good enough, and Kelly may as well not exist. Enrique is a decent second choice LB, but he's been injured for ages.

Wisdom takes the second choice RB and 5th choice CB role, making Kelly redundant.

Then we need a first choice LB and RB. Sell 2, release 1, buy 2 and recall 1.

Centreback will be a problem though. Might even keep Toure around just because he's worth nothing in the transfer market, and we won't want to replace 2 CBs in the same window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom