• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

"Your'e too rich... Just share it and we're all good" is all Uefa is saying. They need to impose restrictions and sanctions that affect the footballing side, since that's where these teams are gaining unfair advantage.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Any more word on LVG being there tonight? Heard a few rumours last week, probably bull.

3Sixty

jb1Q2GdZhkwzf.png

ALMOST A YEAR TO THE DAY.

Based Bolasie

Feorax

I thought Speroni and Mig were both excellent last night, despite it ending 3-3. If Speroni is out of contract soon, we could do a lot worse than replace Jones with him.

I think, to be honest, it doesn't matter how many wholesale changes we make to the defence, if we can keep a consistent back line next season then we will do a hell of a lot better than we did this season.

That being said, I'd be looking at offing Johnson, Agger, Enrique, Kelly and Kolo. At that point, maybe you could justify bringing in another CB to go alongside Sakho, Skrtel and Ilori. I'd also ship off Lucas now, since we really need someone of Mascherano's level if we're going to play with our midfield how it is, and Lucas just can't do that anymore sadly.

Also, special mention to the Palace fans last night, they were incredible.

pulga

Banned
seriously guys

did every liverpool player's brain simultaneously shut down yesterday? How else do you explain bottling a 3 goal lead in 10 mins?

seriously guys

did every liverpool player's brain simultaneously shut down yesterday? How else do you explain bottling a 3 goal lead in 10 mins?

Liverpool:
1. Hendo red card
2. Gerrard slip
3. Blow a 3-0 lead

It's amazing how all 3 happened. What the fuck.

Feorax

seriously guys

Our defence just went to pieces. Individual errors again.

Literally our only hope now is Fat Sam's ego, and that he'll definitely want a say in where the title ends up. How bad is that?

Wes

venison crêpe
City's squad being reduced to 21 for champions league next year, if true, is interesting if they still have to meet their English home grown quota.

Kyoufu

Watching the MNF game and I don't know how Johnson made his "absolutely clueless...." tweet after the game. He's been poor so far.

Johnson was the best player on the pitch in the first half, and the worst in the second. Fucking sick of his inability to play well for two halves in a row, let alone 2 games.

Clegg

Looking at a show about the goals Robbie Fowler scored in the Premier League. That got me looking at his career statistics and I was surprised to see that he only had three genuinely good seasons as a striker. And those three were at the beginning of his career too.

LegoArmo

The only way City can really clear out some spots for English talent is if they keep paying most of the wages of the players they sell, that's sad.

They might have to just keep Lescott and Richards and incorporate them better.

Looking at a show about the goals Robbie Fowler scored in the Premier League. That got me looking at his career statistics and I was surprised to see that he only had three genuinely good seasons as a striker. And those three were at the beginning of his career too.

Liverpool break young players.

I'm always a bit surprised with the amount of adulation he receives from us, given the fact that his lack of professionalism prevented him from being as good as he could be, and thus prevented us from being as good as we could have been. Figurehead of the Spice Boys era, yet he gets none of the criticism that the others get.

Feorax

The only way City can really clear out some spots for English talent is if they keep paying most of the wages of the players they sell, that's sad.

They might have to just keep Lescott and Richards and incorporate them better.

Richards has already rejected a new contract and said he wants to leave.

Hixx

All FFP does is make the current elite feel more secure.

It's got fuck all to do with the integrity of the game or trying to aid competition - exactly the opposite.

Nero3000

Interesting debate on twitter:

Who has been worse for their club - Glazers or Sheikh Mansour?

On one hand, one has taken money out of the club and riddled it with high interest payments and the other has put an unlimited amount of money in.

On the other hand if both were to leave, Man City would be unsustainable and Man Utd would be able to survive in its current form.

The second point is what FFP was designed to prevent, the Malaga/Anzi situation. Where the owner gets bored and stops putting money in.

Clegg

Interesting debate on twitter:

Who has been worse for their club - Glazers or Sheikh Mansour?

On one hand, one has taken money out of the club and riddled it with high interest payments and the other has put an unlimited amount of money in.

On the other hand if both were to leave, Man City would be unsustainable and Man Utd would be able to survive in its current form.

The second point is what FFP was designed to prevent, the Malaga/Anzi situation. Where the owner gets bored and stops putting money in.
I don't think there's any debate tbh. It's the Glazer's, all day every day.

They've taken out over £700m of the clubs money to pay for their takeover. The current state of the team can be put down to undervestment due to millions be siphoned away in interest payments.

LegoArmo

I like that the Glazers and Mansour don't get involved at all with on the field issues. There's much worse owners than both, at much smaller clubs.

Jarnet87

Are you guys ready for Valencia to start again?

Anyone But Young. Giggs is doing just about what any manager would do in this situation, try and win games instead of giving the young players a chance. he should be fielding the likes of Buttner, Smalling (if fit), Januzaj, Welbeck, Chicharito, Cleverly (shit but young), etc. Instead he's still wheeling out the old timers for one last hurrah. I really wish the club didn't insist on keeping Giggs around.

Blablurn

1480768_401329740006793_4934019631021859090_n.jpg

:(

The Internet will be rough once the season is over and Liverpool didnt win it.

But the season aint over yet. Crazier things have happened.

LegoArmo

There's been no reason for the Glazers to get involved until now tbf.

I still don't think they will, they seem to delegate and take a back seat, rarely even see them in Manchester.

I guess it all comes down to how you look at football in general, United are a business, and the business is doing very well, so you could say they were a success. They might sell eventually, make a hell of a lot of profit, and United will still be in a great position.

This summer could be the first real test in terms of investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom