• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Gaal denies he has made a deal with United and is very annoyed by the press spewing lies. Writing he already has appointed his assistants and the whole shabang. Bla bla bla.

Louis van Gaal said:
'Er zijn meerdere clubs met interesse in Louis van Gaal , we zullen zien welke keuze ik maak en welke keuze die clubs gaan maken', vervolgde de keuzeheer van Oranje op voor hem typerende wijze. 'Het is een proces, zo gaat dat bij alle clubs. En verder kan ik over dat proces op dit moment niks zeggen.'

"There other clubs interested in Louis van Gaal, we shall see what choice I make and what choice the clubs are going to make. It's a process, that's how it goes with any other club. At the moment I can't say anything further about this process."

And yes. He indeed was talking about himself in the third person.

Scum

So Messi wants to be paid more and wants the club to assure him to have a squad next season to compete for all the important trophies next year.

More money + demand for a better squad.

Oh Lionel...
What's wrong with that? He needs money for a better squad. Any manager would demand that.

Meier

Fire Emblem is brill

Still probably my favorite game on the system. Amazing! I happily played with permadeath turned off. :p

The response to these sanctions are framing it as though City have done all they can to comply.

Which is why they spent £100m last summer.

I think the realistic total was closer to £88m. We sold Balotelli in January then Tevez in the summer and unloaded another £15-20m+ in contracts in Bridge, Barry, Santa Cruz and Toure. The net total was pretty standard.

Talk about a torrential downpour.

Still probably my favorite game on the system. Amazing! I happily played with permadeath turned off. :p

I think the realistic total was closer to £88m. We sold Balotelli in January then Tevez in the summer and unloaded another £15-20m+ in contracts in Bridge, Barry, Santa Cruz and Toure. The net total was pretty standard.

Talk about a torrential downpour.
£88m is not a standard spend when you didn't recoup anywhere near that.

And it's definitely not a serious attempt to comply with FFP when the club knew they were nowhere close to complying - which is the real point. City didn't care.

Meier

£88m is not a standard net spend.

And it's definitely not a serious attempt to comply with FFP when the club knew they were nowhere close to complying - which is the real point. City didn't care.

That wasn't a net spend. That was a gross spend. Net spend (gross minus Tevez and Balotelli) was closer to £55-60m or so.

The best thing about the Etihad is how well the sky blue seats contrast with the mostly dark coats, making it crystal clear how many fucking seats are empty.

That wasn't a net spend. That was a gross spend.
Yeah, see my edit.

You didn't even make £50m back. So in the transfer window alone you'd already broke the FFP rules. Before all the other losses come in.

City thought they'd get away with it. Assume they still will in the courts.

The response to these sanctions are framing it as though City have done all they can to comply.

Which is why they spent £100m last summer.

That guy I retweeted yesterday put up an article quoting some analyst that said City failed because of a technicaliteh. He thinks they couldn't write off £80million in wages for players signed before the monitoring period because that figure wasn't equal to or greater than their overall losses.

Same analyst also thinks that because the fine is a three year reduction in Champions League revenue, it's possible that the deduction would be affect their break even calculation.

edit: which also might cause them problems with the Premier League's spending rules, but I can't see the Premier League looking at the Etihad deal the same way UEFA did.

3Sixty

#‎SaintsFlashback‬: Three years ago today, Southampton FC beat Walsall FC Official 3-1 to win promotion to the Championship

Helicon days.

Yen

That guy I retweeted yesterday put up an article quoting some analyst that said City failed because of a technicaliteh. He thinks they couldn't write off £80million in wages for players signed before the monitoring period because that figure wasn't equal to or greater than their overall losses.

Same analyst also thinks that because the fine is a three year reduction in Champions League revenue, it's possible that the deduction would be affect their break even calculation.

link?

Chief bullshit writer Oliver Holt saying it's wrong punishing City when they're putting millions into the regenerating a deprived area of Manchester.

Regeneration that is excluded from UEFA break-even calculations anyway. Or more likely he's suggesting they should be let off for doing something good.
Should have invested in pharmacy or something instead., the whole city seems to be sick all the time.

dPrJaGc.png

Mascot

Why am I even watching this? Villa are shit. They're gonna get stuffed.

Only Big Andy and Sideshow Stu can save us now.

Fergie

Banned
Yaya wants the title, probably tire himself by HT.

Oh and Sunderland scored, their resurgence past few weeks is legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom