• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather take someone who has consistently been playing in the first team for the past months then a more talented player returning from injury.

Clegg

For the last few seasons we had Carrick holding our midfield together by himself. But he's had a very poor season relative to his last three. There was genuinely nothing coming from our midfield tho season. Couldn't attack, couldn't defend and only looked halfway competent against the very worst of sides. We're genuinely screwed if we don't bring in at least one good midfielder.

Carbonox

Shola Ameobi's going to the World Cup

Obafemi Martins is not

aww diddums, bet you were laughing at shola when you were starting above him at newcastle, aye obafemi you oap. ameobi always gets the last laugh. luuk de jong has learned that well this year.

Kyoufu

Obafemi Martins is not

aww diddums, bet you were laughing at shola when you were starting above him at newcastle, aye obafemi you oap. ameobi always gets the last laugh. luuk de jong has learned that well this year.

I love you Carbonox.

Except when you post Arrow spoilers.

Meier

Obafemi Martins is not

Oba's making some pretty decent cash at Seattle and is well loved. His partnership with Dempsey is killing it this year. I'm sure he'll be okay.

Talksport put up the full Dr. Octagon segment from this past week. A wee bit of saltiness in the comments section: http://talksport.com/football/noel-...ant-cheat-it-was-nice-see-him-cry-14050690020

For the last few seasons we had Carrick holding our midfield together by himself. But he's had a very poor season relative to his last three. There was genuinely nothing coming from our midfield tho season. Couldn't attack, couldn't defend and only looked halfway competent against the very worst of sides. We're genuinely screwed if we don't bring in at least one good midfielder.

You are massively under-estimating the problem.

Massively.

Try 3-4. Especially if we're considering wingers.

Carbonox

I woke up this morning cos of my alarm and when I leaned over to the other side of the bed to turn the phone off, I dribbled everywhere, as if before I woke up I was salivating in my dream or something. Missed the phone fortunately.

The other morning I headbutted the radiator which woke me up.

THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME

Pennywise

What's the story again? Some guy claims they sang "Kevin Grosskreutz" and Kevin threw the Döner in his face, while Schieber (or Kevin?) claims that they insulted Kevin (or sang the song mockingly), which then prompted him to throw the Döner on the ground?

Dunno the whole story, since I usually don't read that garbage.

You might wanna ask Milch.It just smells like the same bullshit done with Lewandowski.

Good as in established at the top level. A few promising younger players new to be brought in after that.

That'd maybe work.

Ha yeah we need 2 at the minimum and then hope one of Carrick/Fletch/Fellaini can somehow improve to offer a decent alternative of some sort.

LvG likes to play with 3 in there too. I guess you expect Mata/Kagawa to be one of them though.

I'm really concerned about our wing positions. We need to buy at least a couple and shift off Valencia/Young/Nani (delete as appropriate).

rodvik

Feels good knowing Villa will be stressing out other fans today instead of us.

I am hoping for a high scoring game, level at 89 minutes then an extra time goal either way for maximum angst :)

That'd maybe work.

I'm really concerned about our wing positions. We need to buy at least a couple and shift off Valencia/Young/Nani (delete as appropriate).
Yeah but I just think it might be a problem too maybe to address this summer.

Hopefully Januzaj will be much better with a seasons experience - although we can't rely on him hopefully he can offer another more consistent option. Rooney is gonna play there too.

survivor

Banned
Forwards: Neymar, Fred, Hulk, Jô, Bernard
Mid: Ramires, Hernanes, Paulinho, Willian, Fernandinho, Luiz Gustavo, Oscar
FBs: Marcelo, Maxwell, Dani Alves, Maicon
CBs: Dante, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Dante
Brazil squad: GKs - Júlio César, Jefferson, Victor

Brazil Squad announced. No room for Sandro or Lucas unsurprisingly.

No Coutinho either though.

Seems like a decent squad. A bit too similar to the confederation one I think and they played surprisingly well. If Neymar doesn't end up missing critical chances like he does for Barca then they should go far.

What's the story again? Some guy claims they sang "Kevin Grosskreutz" and Kevin threw the Döner in his face, while Schieber (or Kevin?) claims that they insulted Kevin (or sang the song mockingly), which then prompted him to throw the Döner on the ground?

Yeah, that's right. Both Schieber and Kevin said that Kevin didn't throw it in the face, though.

Yeah but I just think it might be a problem too maybe to address this summer.

Hopefully Januzaj will be much better with a seasons experience - although we can't rely on him hopefully he can offer another more consistent option. Rooney is gonna play there too.

2 months as an inverted winger and he'll give up and Gahl will drop him. So obviously happening.

LegoArmo

I woke up this morning cos of my alarm and when I leaned over to the other side of the bed to turn the phone off, I dribbled everywhere, as if before I woke up I was salivating in my dream or something. Missed the phone fortunately.

The other morning I headbutted the radiator which woke me up.

THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME

I had a dream in which I vomited, then I woke up and there was a little vomit in my mouth. It wasn't nice.

dc89

I'm so happy for Fernandinho. Paid £4m of his own transfer fee because he wanted to come and play for City and further his chances of going to the World Cup.

Dreams do come true.

Blablurn

omg. aston.

guys. i have a feeling.

i have a feeling. that today might be the day.

the day of all days.

Weimann will dribble. He will score. And he will celebrate.

guys. can you feel it?

today might be the day.

BELIEVE IN WEIMANN

liverpool

BELIEVE IN WEIMANN

PowderedToast

omg. aston.

guys. i have a feeling.

i have a feeling. that today might be the day.

the day of all days.

Weimann will dribble. He will score. And he will celebrate.

guys. can you feel it?

today might be the day.

BELIEVE IN WEIMANN

liverpool

BELIEVE IN WEIMANN
u feel it too ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom