• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

YES ZAB.

YES.

iAYMXJVcuFLT0.gif

Tata is a tactical genius.

Barca - Atleti will be one for the ages. HYPE.

The original question by Meus was can we compete with the oil money. The answer is a resounding no. It has been a no for nearly a decade. The infuriating thing is we have oil money on the sidelines which we refused our selves access to. A horrendous state of affairs.

You can't compete with the money, but you can comete with the teams. It's difficult, but possible. You need to spend way more than you have though, and get lucky with injuries.

Marc

Has to be. Amazing. Happy for them.

Yeah, Gus confirmed it. Ridiculous. Needs attention that.

Seems like Liverpool fans can console themselves with the Palace result, will likely be redundant. The Chelsea result was the real failure.

It is insane to think Atletico could end up trophy-less.

:eek:

Madrid could win CL, we could get La Liga, Madrid already won CDR, we beat them in the super cup...

:eek:

football gods pls.

Holy shit that is incredible.

Yaya Toure. What a player.

You know what...I have a bad feeling about Ronnie...Atletico will win. Reals joy lies within that copa trophy alone...

No fucking way should Pellegrini be in for Manager of the Season even when they win the league.

Biggest, best, most balanced, most expensive squad.

I do too. But there's some lingering doubt in my mind.

Don't get me wrong, it's not wishful thinking. I'd be happy with Gahl.

I'd rather have LvG. Come around to it. Ancelotti is cool and stuff but I dunno, I don't think his track record is that good after looking at it a bit more closely.

And yeah I don't think Madrid will sack him even if they do lose the CL final.

jesalr

I genuinely think Barca win the league now. Unless they fuck up the next game, they go into the last one knowing a win gives them the league.

Would be heartbreaking for Atletico.

Lambert is slowly turning into Winston from Still Game

@Salva, agreed. It was in the balance and came down to that one match on Monday, and swung Pulis' way after the bottle-job

Scum

Some E3 fan ficition garbage somebody dreamed up while they were bored doing a poo or something

Read gaming side if you want, big thread there

Bunch of carp imo

Funny thing is, with the way gaming is nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if that list turned out to be true.

No fucking way should Pellegrini be in for Manager of the Season even when they win the league.

What fucking stupidness is this? Pulis gets it. Fullstop.

Meier

Yeah, I agree that he probably should not win it although it is tough to come to a new country and change a team's style, etc. Regardless, it has to be Pulis or Rodgers. They've both done incredible jobs and "overachieved" whereas Pellegrini has done what we'd expect.

Kyoufu

Really funny how Pulis has gone from being mocked and derided at Stoke because of his tactics, but now he's some sort of genius despite the fact that his crystal palace team is no different from his Stoke team.

In my eyes, he's getting the award for denying Liverpool the title.

Thank you based Pulis.

Walshy

@Salva, agreed. It was in the balance and came down to that one match on Monday, and swung Pulis' way after the bottle-job
Fuck that, it has to be Rodgers.

We've used 15 players, our most used sub is Victor Moses and Aspas is our back up striker and we've managed to compete with two clubs with unlimited resources with an inexperienced squad. We shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the league, but we are and its deserved too.

Turok_TTZ

Real Madrid did not blow it, Carlo Blew it. Though this time his failure to properly rest our team costed us the game and the league today.

Benzema should not have played the previous game on sunday and he should not have played today, the man is exhausted and needs a week long break. Why doesn't Carlo see that? Also you have CR7 who has suffered muscular fatigue (OVERPLAYED) today and Carlo didn't do well to realize not only benz but cr7 too needed a rest.

As to our midfield, isco is brainfartting since bayern. because of him losing the plot, destroyed our midfield and defensive shape. though I think this is more Carlo's fault as he should've slapped isco straight. he cannot shirk his duties and he needs to remember his position. dude plays like an am when he should be playing lcm. instead of sticking to his spot, he bombs forward like a fool, leaving coentrao stranded like marcelo last game and leaving alonso and di maria for dead. also increasing pressure on our backline.

very frustrated with our tactics and rotation.
Carlo needs to sort this shit out.

FootballFan

Good shit EPL bros.

La Liga and EPL have been boss this season. Legitimately entertaining as can be.

Serie Lol and Bundeslolga please hide in shame.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just saw that LVG interview on the BBC, if he joins United it's going to be great. It will be good to have a psycho at one of the top clubs as opposed to limp old ladies like Wenger and Pellegrini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom