• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

BmPVKXLIIAAHSLc.jpg

https://t.co/wvfzAIraue

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry.

Justjohn: I'd rather City won the league ahead of Liverpool, than Chelsea be in with a good chance.

Draconian: I don't mind missing out on the league title because of bad performances against lesser teams, as it's been hilarious watching us beat the bigger teams

The fuck?

@above, he's fucking shite. Every minute he gets, he shows why he's played fuck all.

so u think defending is overrated?
yep i do
Nice. Wilbur, add him to the Arsenal supporters in the OP.
i actually hate arsenal mostly because of their fans, they keep paying and get nothing in return. they dont even play good football. if they dont buy at least 2 world class players this summer i will hate them as much as i hate chelsea
Football to win? Hehehe

Who do you want to win the WC?

dont really care but it would be nice to see messi win wc to finally shut up those people who say he cant be great player without it. messi is already one of the best ever imo comparisons between him and cr7 are a joke

yep i do

i actually hate arsenal mostly because of their fans, they keep paying and get nothing in return. they dont even play good football. if they dont buy at least 2 world class players this summer i will hate them as much as i hate chelsea

dont really care but it would be nice to see messi win wc to finally shut up those people who say he cant be great player without it. messi is already one of the best ever imo comparisons between him and cr7 are a joke

Arsenal fan eh?

wedward

yep i do

If we sign two world class players can we add you to the Arsenal supporters in the OP?

He's a fan of football but he doesn't believe defending is worth talking about

he's clearly an arsenal fan, herr

defending shouldnt earn an applause from no one unless it is a smaller team doing it. mourinho spends millions just to do the same shit league 1 teams do and gets called a genius. thats what i find annoying.

if i was a manager i would be like mourinho in the sense that all i would care about is the result but im not, im just someone who watches football for entertainment, something mourinho teams dont provide

Wilbur

Banned
defending shouldnt earn an applause from no one unless it is a smaller team doing it. mourinho spends millions just to do the same shit league 1 teams do and gets called a genius. thats what i find annoying.

if i was a manager i would be like mourinho in the sense that all i would care about is the result but im not, im just someone who watches football for entertainment, something mourinho teams dont provide

I get massive entertainment from the reactions to Mou, so you're wrong there

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Defending and tackling is an ART. But there needs to be a balance between attacking and defending in a team

Like Italy 2006 innit

Draconian

Justjohn: I'd rather City won the league ahead of Liverpool, than Chelsea be in with a good chance.

Draconian: I don't mind missing out on the league title because of bad performances against lesser teams, as it's been hilarious watching us beat the bigger teams

The fuck?

I guess I should clarify. I wasn't expecting to win the title this year, but we've been on amazing form (I think we're unbeaten) against the top teams this season. It's a bit bittersweet, but like I said, I thought the title was City's for the taking at the beginning of the season and I'd be happy with a top 4. Considering our striker situation, I don't think that's too unreasonable a position to have held.

We have to beat Palace and Newcastle like 7-0 each. What the fuck have we done? Everyone involved in that shitshow deserves a boot up the arse, no matter how unexpected it was for us to get this close.

Slizz

Defending and tackling is an ART. But there needs to be a balance between attacking and defending in a team

Like Italy 2006 innit

There really doesn't have to be a balance. This isn't black and white, right and wrong. If you really look at the game as a whole, 1 team had the mental fortitude to stay sharp the entire match(except Ba) and the other team got complacent, begged for extra time, got it and fucked it all up with 1 mistake.

Like Italy 2006 innit
im sorry but italy in 06 were a fukin disgrace. they created nothing from open play and then worst of all a defender win ballondor. a year to forget 06
You can't support football and hate Arsenal at the same time you moron.

actually i can and i do. arsenal fans are a joke, they keep paying the highest money for tickets yet complain when their board doesnt sign players. vote with your money

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I dont understand people wanting Atletico to win and still think that the teams name is Athletico

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There really doesn't have to be a balance. This isn't black and white, right and wrong. If you really look at the game as a whole, 1 team had the mental fortitude to stay sharp the entire match(except Ba) and the other team got complacent, begged for extra time, got it and fucked it all up with 1 mistake.
I wasn't talking about this game Slizz, just in general!

A bit dissapointed as a Palace supporter today. There's no shame in loosing against Man City, but I thought we would put up a little more fight. Really wanted us to help Liverpool, but at least we didn't give a lot of goals away.

wedward

Honestly if City win it I won't even think anything of it. Not even really an accomplishment in my eyes.

Liverpool will be moral victors.

Wilbur

Banned
Bilbao in the CL will be delish

A bit dissapointed as a Palace supporter today. There's no shame in loosing against Man City, but I thought we would put up a little more fight. Really wanted us to help Liverpool, but at least we didn't give a lot of goals away.

Don't worry about it man. You've earned the right to relax over the course of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom