• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikel deserves some love. He's played well over the last week. Nothing crazy, but doing what is asked of him.

kyxub1E.gif

He can be extremely frustrating to watch, but he does his defensive job to perfection. His CL performance under RDM was amazing, gets too little credit and tbf, when he attempts to shoot or make a through ball it is usually fucking hilarious.

ElyrionX

I am late to this but hahahhahahahah fuck you liverpool! And of all people to fuck it up, it's Steven fucking Gerrard. OMFG LOL. It really doesn't get any better than this.

Clegg

Can't wait till the transfer window :eek:

Proper excited about getting some quality in
I'm dampening my expectations. Felt like we'd have a massive summer when Moyes first took over as we'd want to back the manager to rebuild the team.

Although, all the stuff coming out from Old Trafford suggests that the board has learned from its mistakes and will be looking to sign players early. Still, believe it when I see it,

why are the player of the year awards been given out this early. they should at least wait till the season is over. suarez has been good but has failed, if city win yaya should get it

I'm dampening my expectations. Felt like we'd have a massive summer when Moyes first took over as we'd want to back the manager to rebuild the team.

Although, all the stuff coming out from Old Trafford suggests that the board has learned from its mistakes and will be looking to sign players early. Still, believe it when I see it,

They have to move in on some players soon. It's a World Cup year, prices and interest on good players will rise after the tournament and Man United won't be the most attractive club without CL football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Don't feel bad, mate. Apparently I'll just switch to Bayern 'again' next season, so no suffering involved.

stop being so sensitive Melo baby <3 support and stop supporting whoever the fuck you want, who gives a shit? They're just cyber-bullying you.

it's youuur life

don't yooou forget

yes, that was from Gwen Stefani.

Fry

stop being so sensitive Melo baby <3 support and stop supporting whoever the fuck you want, who gives a shit? They're just cyber-bullying you.

it's youuur life

don't yooou forget

yes, that was from Gwen Stefani.

Nah.

When you see Gerrard slipping and giving away the lead, you are feeling like shit, and you read: 'Don't feel bad for Fry, you should feel bad for a fan like Arnie', you can't simply tell me not to be sensitive.

Fellow Pool fans will probablly jump on my back for this but Suarez does have to improve against the rest of the top 4. Good performances are fine when his teammates are scoring as they did against City and Arsenal, but there will always be big matches where we look to him to make the difference in front of goal, especially when Sturridge is out, and he came up badly short today.

Fellow Pool fans will probablly jump on my back for this but Suarez does have to improve against the rest of the top 4. Good performances are fine when his teammates are scoring as they did against City and Arsenal, but there will always be big matches where we look to him to make the difference in front of goal, especially when Sturridge is out, and he came up badly short today.

I completely agree, if he cant perform against them imagine the champions league :/

Mascot

He's been poor for weeks. A real drop in form.

He's been poor for weeks. A real drop in form.

By his standards, yep.

We were kind of screwed with Sturridge, the players who deserved to be replaced were the players we couldn't afford to bring off, as we needed numbers up top.

I'd give anything for Everton to get even a draw on Saturday. Just a chance to go top again on Monday night. Chelsea will leapfrog us on Sunday regardless, but the difference between 3rd and 2nd means fuck all at this stage.

Still dumbfounded, can't get my head around that performance. An entire week to prepare for inevitable tactics, and we were completely clueless. Losing to a team playing for a draw. Not good enough.

By his standards, yep.

We were kind of screwed with Sturridge, the players who deserved to be replaced were the players we couldn't afford to bring off, as we needed numbers up top.

I'd give anything for Everton to get even a draw on Saturday. Just a chance to go top again on Monday night. Chelsea will leapfrog us on Sunday regardless, but the difference between 3rd and 2nd means fuck all at this stage.

Still dumbfounded, can't get my head around that performance. An entire week to prepare for inevitable tactics, and we were completely clueless. Losing to a team playing for a draw. Not good enough.

imagine if both teams parked the bus for the full 90 minutes

doicare

O WOW this is hilarious, despite the fact that Liverpool have had nearly every single advantage over most of their title rivals this season by having significantly less injuries and having to play less games due to not playing in Europe and bombing out of both cups early on, they STILL manage to mess it up.

All they had to do today was draw against a Chelsea side that have been crippled by injuries in recent weeks and had to play a Champions League game in the middle of the week whilst Liverpool could just sit back and rest yet again. Chelsea's starting 11 were without 7 of their first choice team players and should've been easy to beat. Even if Liverpool still go on to win the league the fact that they couldn't even beat this Chelsea reserve side just shows how lucky they've been with everything that's happened for them this season. O yeah but that's right, there's no such thing as luck in football, like slipping over at a bad time.....
UPpc9EY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom