• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew that was gonna come at some point. I hoped that would be the case, turns out its pure bollocks. At least for today it was. There's no doubt when the fans get behind a team it can help them on, but not today.

Fans were always going to get nervous. Inevitable and natural.

IceCold

iShk6hYxANmex.gif

O WOW this is hilarious, despite the fact that Liverpool have had nearly every single advantage over most of their title rivals this season by having significantly less injuries and having to play less games due to not playing in Europe and bombing out of both cups early on, they STILL manage to mess it up.

All they had to do today was draw against a Chelsea side that have been crippled by injuries in recent weeks and had to play a Champions League game in the middle of the week whilst Liverpool could just sit back and rest yet again. Chelsea's starting 11 were without 7 of their first choice team players and should've been easy to beat. Even if Liverpool still go on to win the league the fact that they couldn't even beat this Chelsea reserve side just shows how lucky they've been with everything that's happened for them this season. O yeah but that's right, there's no such thing as luck in football, like slipping over at a bad time.....
UPpc9EY.gif
lollllllllllllllllllllllll amazing

i agree

Fans were always going to get nervous. Inevitable and natural.

yeah, now I have to hope Man City fail to win any of their 3 remaining games. I expect them to win all 3. If Everton sort themselves out that could be interesting, or Aston Villa actually play like a side that wants to stay up.

Batongen

Banned
Now that's a sport for real men. Played it for a 5 years as a goalkeeper, took many balls to the face and chest.

Nice one. Yeah that can be a brutal sport, not much diving either.

Most of them are over 200 pounds as well and above 6'7. I remember playing football against one of Sweden's current liners in handball. I think he choose the right sport, but damn was he scary to face when you are half his size.

Feorax

I think the timewasting and lack of incision got to the crowd and the players far too easily tbh

There are a couple of players who really should be fighting to be starting XI players, but really aren't cutting it when they get a run in the team.

I fully expect us to get a LB in the summer, but it will be at Johnson's expense hopefully, rather than Flanagan's. Similarly, as much as I like him, I'm struggling to see what Lucas offers us at this point.

Gerrard and Suarez were poor today, but I can't criticize them too much with hindsight, they're utterly shattered. You need others to step up, but the only one that has tried to do so over the past few games was Joe Allen.

There's an argument to say not to make too many wholsesale changes this summer, but at the same time, we need to be paying wages to players who can step up and be the difference.

Also, did anyone hear someone saying something about injuries and luck? I thought I heard something, but it came from some distance away in mid table, so I didn't quite catch it.

Slizz

If you were a black player on a predominately black team, with a black head coach, in the middle of a playoff run where a lot of people are picking you to win it all and your owner days before a game is filmed saying disparaging racist comments about black people, would you still play?

EDIT: And the owner has a history of bigotry.

If you were a black player on a predominately black team with a black head coach in the middle of a playoff run where a lot of people are picking you to win it all and your owner days before a game is filmed saying disparaging racist comments about black people, would you still play?

:lol

Fucking mental story.

Apparently he said something about jews aswell? Oh he's fucked now.

Abraxas

If you were a black player on a predominately black team with a black head coach in the middle of a playoff run where a lot of people are picking you to win it all and your owner days before a game is filmed saying disparaging racist comments about black people, would you still play?

Can you score own-TD's in handegg?

If you were a black player on a predominately black team, with a black head coach, in the middle of a playoff run where a lot of people are picking you to win it all and your owner days before a game is filmed saying disparaging racist comments about black people, would you still play?

I'd play and refuse to do any media or sponsorship duties

Slizz

:lol

Fucking mental story.

Apparently he said something about jews aswell? Oh he's fucked now.

The owner currently holds the record for largest fine from the government due to a settlement claiming he refused to rent out condos/apartments to black and latins.

Mascot

O WOW this is hilarious, despite the fact that Liverpool have had nearly every single advantage over most of their title rivals this season by having significantly less injuries and having to play less games due to not playing in Europe and bombing out of both cups early on, they STILL manage to mess it up.

All they had to do today was draw against a Chelsea side that have been crippled by injuries in recent weeks and had to play a Champions League game in the middle of the week whilst Liverpool could just sit back and rest yet again. Chelsea's starting 11 were without 7 of their first choice team players and should've been easy to beat. Even if Liverpool still go on to win the league the fact that they couldn't even beat this Chelsea reserve side just shows how lucky they've been with everything that's happened for them this season. O yeah but that's right, there's no such thing as luck in football, like slipping over at a bad time.....
[IMG ]http://i.imgur.com/UPpc9EY.gif[/IMG]

Why do you hate Liverpool so?

There are a couple of players who really should be fighting to be starting XI players, but really aren't cutting it when they get a run in the team.

I fully expect us to get a LB in the summer, but it will be at Johnson's expense hopefully, rather than Flanagan's. Similarly, as much as I like him, I'm struggling to see what Lucas offers us at this point.

Gerrard and Suarez were poor today, but I can't criticize them too much with hindsight, they're utterly shattered. You need others to step up, but the only one that has tried to do so over the past few games was Joe Allen.

There's an argument to say not to make too many wholsesale changes this summer, but at the same time, we need to be paying wages to players who can step up and be the difference.

Also, did anyone hear someone saying something about injuries and luck? I thought I heard something, but it came from some distance away in mid table, so I didn't quite catch it.
They are?

They shouldn't be.

Dean wat

Slizz

Can you score own-TD's in handegg?
Basketball and technically yes, that would be incredible.

I'd play and refuse to do any media or sponsorship duties

Even if it meant throwing a years worth of work down the drain? Imagine this being the knockout rounds in the CL and you wouldn't be playing the second leg or something.

It really is a hard decision IMO. They are going to play but I'd like to see some visible protest on the court whether it be black armbands or socks or something.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808303

cremino

What is this???

Feorax

They are?

They shouldn't be.

Why not? They don't get rested, they're both the creative lynchpins of our team, and if they don't make things happen, things often fall apart.

That's going to take it out of you week to week, especially someone of Gerrard's age.

Gerrard is nearly 34 years old tbf. Wouldn't be surprised if Suarez is carrying a minor injury the way he's been playing

Or Madrid have tapped him up and he's lost his focus

Good point about Gerrard.

But 35 games over a football season is pretty lightweight. Not a good excuse IMO. They'll be having to play 50 next season, they'll be utterly fucked then.

No idea about injuries, but that's just conjecture and most players carry some kind of injury. You might be right, but it's a guess at best.

Why not? They don't get rested, they're both the creative lynchpins of our team, and if they don't make things happen, things often fall apart.

That's going to take it out of you week to week, especially someone of Gerrard's age.

As above.

Very generous schedules, although yes with Gerrard it's more understandable.

Being relied upon isn't quite the same as being shattered IMO. They should be fresh enough, they get a rest every week compared to most other top players.

Good point about Gerrard.

But 35 games over a football season is pretty lightweight. Not a good excuse IMO. They'll be having to play 50 next season, they'll be utterly fucked then.

No idea about injuries, but that's just conjecture and most players carry some kind of injury. You might be right, but it's a guess at best.

I;m not excusing Suarez, even if he is carrying an injury which is based on nothing concrete, just an intuition based on his lack of explosiveness at the moment. He's just been making the wrong decisions over and over again recently. Like today, he tried flicking the ball over Kalas' head, into an area of the pitch where any one of 5 Chelsea players would get there before him. I just don't think he'd have done that in October.

Lightning

Banned
Really need to beat Newcastle tomorrow now more than ever.. Crush Everton's spirit, so they can roll over for City to take the title.

Chelsea's record against the top 4 (5 wins, 1 draw) Fuck Mourinho.

Clegg

Just had a look at the Times.

They're still going with Ancelotti to United despite moist media outlets believing its only a matter of time before Van Gaal gets the nod.

Also plugging away with Cavani and Fabregas. Whilst you can't say no to either, I don't want to see us wasting time on them before the inevitable no.

I;m not excusing Suarez, even if he is carrying an injury which is based on nothing concrete, just an intuition based on his lack of explosiveness at the moment. He's just been making the wrong decisions over and over again recently. Like today, he tried flicking the ball over Kalas' head, into an area of the pitch where any one of 5 Chelsea players would get there before him. I just don't think he'd have done that in October.

Could just be the pressure as the finishing line comes closer, though.

Don't get me wrong, players are more tired at the season's end than the start - that's a given. But Suarez hasn't played that much football this season, relatively. Not sure playing 4/5 games less would make that big a difference.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
well he was calling Juve shit in the whatsapp group yet again, so there's that!

hahaha tell him to grow a pair and come at me on twitter ;))

and I don't know why he thinks anyone cares if we're shit or not. Alright, so we're shit, AND?

TrueBlue

God, this league is incredible. Still buzzing.

First off, commiserations to Liverpool-GAF. Don't quite know why you turned up and played the way as you did, but I imagine it was pretty gutting.

Very pleased with the performance, was not expecting that all. Felt Kalas was exceptional considering the occasion, we better nurture him well.

Just a good day in general really, makes a great contrast to last weekend.

God, this league is incredible. Still buzzing.

First off, commiserations to Liverpool-GAF. Don't quite know why you turned up and played the way as you did, but I imagine it was pretty gutting.

Very pleased with the performance, was not expecting that all. Felt Kalas was exceptional considering the occasion, we better nurture him well.

Just a good day in general really, makes a great contrast to last weekend.

Kalas was great. Shame about the header which should probably have been a goal... But defensively faultless. Will sell to benfica for 5 mil and buy back for 27.

Yen

The Phantom Menace is on. Haven't seen it since I was 6, and I haven't seen the other prequels. Maybe I should get roundto all of them some time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom