• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atletico are handling the run-in in a way which makes me jealous as fuck

Barca probably can't wait for the season to end, but they must be nervous about the summer as well. They have to do 3 windows worth of transfer activity in one, and can't afford for any of the big signings to fail

pulga

Banned
I don't give rats ass if you do win the cl. You will still be just second best team of Madrid.

only-dreams-now.gif

hush, you third placed pleb in a two team league lol

Scum

Atletico are handling the run-in in a way which makes me jealous as fuck

Barca probably can't wait for the season to end, but they must be nervous about the summer as well. They have to do 3 windows worth of transfer activity in one, and can't afford for any of the big signings to fail

They seem to have a right positions needed in mind, but watch their Sporting Director/DoF screw it up.

Tc91

If City dont win the league I sort of be surprised if Pelligrini keeps his job. I know he won the LC (didnt help Kenny at Liverpool) but considering he has the best squad in the league they really should have walked it, although I guess the question is who they would replace him with which might be what saves him.

I read this the other day and agreed with it

Nah they won't sack him.

His target was 5 trophies in 3 years so if he wins the league, he needs a double next year.

Arnie

Aye, amid all the doom and gloom Sunderland are the happy story of the day.

Dead pleased for Hixxy.

Hopefully they stay up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
hahahahahahahahahah farsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

at least they're dominating possession as always!

"Silly delusional Madrid fans with their Copa Del Rey title, still involved in the La Liga title race, and one game away from Champions league finals."

- Footballfan

Hahahah Barcelona

Joke of a club, what a ridiculous institution

"another delusional Madrid fan"

- Footballfan

only-dreams-now.gif

hush, you third placed pleb in a two team league lol
YES CARLO

kmax

I don't give rats ass if you do win the cl. You will still be just second best team of Madrid.

We'll be the best in the world. I don't think anyone gives a shit about the league when you compare it to CL.

Meanwhile, you'll have nothing. That's all good to me.

3Sixty

Adam Lallana has now been selected in the @PFA Team of the Year in the Premier League, Championship and League 1. #saintsfc

Surely the first ever to achieve this?

Batongen

Banned
League football has been weird this season. Weird in a good way (in most leagues).

I think WC will be a hit and miss compared to this, unless we get another upset a la Greece.

I think it might just be Honduras.

We'll be the best in the world. I don't think anyone gives a shit about the league when you compare it to CL.

Meanwhile, you'll have nothing. That's all good to me.

Winning the CL doesn't make you the best team in the world, even more so when you don't win your own league in the same season.

Arnie

Also, Hitcher, it's not about how we are handling the run in.

We played Chelsea who have an immaculate record against the top teams. Losing to them is not indicative of us bottling the run in, it's a case of being beaten by a very good side and something which could've happened at any point through the season.

If we drop more points to Palace and Newcastle then absolutely we've made a pig's ear of this, but if we beat them and still lose the title it'll be that we dropped points against lesser opponents on the way.

I actually think our run in to this point has been remarkable and it just shows how much ground we've covered.

pulga

Banned
League football has been weird this season. Weird in a good way (in most leagues).

I think WC will be a hit and miss compared to this, unless we get another upset a la Greece.

I think it might just be Honduras.

pls who are you

im getting scared

kmax

Winning the CL doesn't make you the best team in the world, even more so when you don't win your own league in the same season.

I actually hope we meet Atletico in the final so we prove the nay sayers wrong.

It should be fun. Anyway, first things first. Bayern on Tuesday.

Also, Hitcher, it's not about how we are handling the run in.

We played Chelsea who have an immaculate record against the top teams. Losing to them is not indicative of us bottling the run in, it's a case of being beaten by a very good side and something which could've happened at any point through the season.

If we drop more points to Palace and Newcastle then absolutely we've made a pig's ear of this, but if we beat them and still lose the title it'll be that we dropped points against lesser opponents on the way.

I actually think our run in to this point has been remarkable and it just shows how much ground we've covered.

It's been great, but Atletico have made it look easy with a ridiculously solid backline. Imagine how freeing it must be as an attacker to not think you need to score 3 every game to win :p

Zabojnik

Why do we player tomorrow night anyway? Wouldn't it make more sense playing today and having an extra day of resting before the EL match?

pulga

Banned
Hitcher doesn't know, and never will know, the sweet taste of winning the league, so why is anyone taking his opinion on the topic seriously?

so what does it make you?

The winners of the Champion's League, a cup-format competition where anything can happen. The league is a far, far greater indicator of the quality of a team imo.

We won the CL in 2005, yet were still dross compared to the best teams in Europe.

Salvadora

If you're going to troll, give it a basis in reality :p
I think really highly of Brendan Rodgers, but it's a fair point.

That is, assuming you don't win the league.

Barcelona are at a critical juncture and I can't imagine the decision makers at the club would be keen on appointing someone who hasn't been successful in the traditional sense, and is somewhat of an unknown on the continent.

Cappa

Banned
The winners of the Champion's League, a cup-format competition where anything can happen. The league is a far, far greater indicator of the quality of a team imo.

We won the CL in 2005, yet were still dross compared to the best teams in Europe.

Ok so Madrid, at worst, will finish 3 points from Atletico de Madrid. Let's say they win the Champions League, also having won Copa Del Rey... it's meaningless because they aren't league champions? That doesn't make sense especially when the difference between 1-2 could be as little as 3 points.

If Champions league isn't an indicator as to the quality of the team... well then...... what is? Being League champions certainly isn't because it just means you were the best team in your COUNTRY, not in all of Europe.

TrueBlue

Aye. Chelsea were the same in 2012.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Too right. And I'm not saying this because we're in Europa League (for now).

Maybe just a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom