• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can be here all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TUSuYtTYU

How about Robben's infinite amount of misses?

untitled-1256ydw.gif

Of course you only care about the one time Sergio Ramos missed a penalty... not the countless other times he made them.

perhaps Robben can teach Ramos how to shoot? lulz

miss.gif

He's certainly good at penalties.

robvbenhjkv6.gif

Maybe Swine can help him instead.

fd1fdff7jz0.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cech is an absolute legend, I hope he stays with Chelsea for one more season. Getting injured on his last game is not the way to go :(

Cech is an absolute legend, I hope he stays with Chelsea for one more season. Getting injured on his last game is not the way to go :(

Rumor has it he's holding off his shoulder surgery, to play the finale of CL if Chelsea goes through. Now that's the way to end it.

I love Cech, he has done so many fantastic things to Chelsea. But for some time now he hasn't looked all that great , and now with his injury I wouldn't be surprised if Courtois took the position for good next season, especially if Cech is going to be injured all pre season. So Courtois might just end up taking the position away from Cech, like Cech took it from Cudicini when he got injured.

Fady K

You don't see anyone calling Wooden or Fady thugs because some Chelsea fans spat on the Hillsborough memorial today, or were singing "I wish it could be Hillsborough every day" on the train home.

They didn't do that because they're Chelsea fans, they did it because they're sub-human scum.

I thought we were better than that on Footy-Gaf.

What you stated there can't be said enough in the world of football. Agreed 100%. So SICK of the notion that negative qualities of groups of fans suddenly define the majority of the fanbase of this club or that club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rumor has it he's holding off his shoulder surgery, to play the finale of CL if Chelsea goes through. Now that's the way to end it.

I love Cech, he has done so many fantastic things to Chelsea. But for some time now he hasn't looked all that great , and now with his injury I wouldn't be surprised if Courtois took the position for good next season, especially if Cech is going to be injured all pre season. So Courtois might just end up taking the position away from Cech, like Cech took it from Cudicini when he got injured.

YES MOU RANIERI!

But he's still good enough right? It's not like he's pulling a Pepe Reina or Valdes, he's still solid as fuck!

Fuck Courtois, he's infected.

OT295887_nedved_cech.jpg

a nation of terminators <3

YES MOU RANIERI!

But he's still good enough right? It's not like he's pulling a Pepe Reina or Valdes, he's still solid as fuck!

Fuck Courtois, he's infected.

OT295887_nedved_cech.jpg

He's solid no doubt. But will he be that after coming off yet another injury, and this time for so long? It would be silly to send Courtois out on loan when you have a Cech injured for so long at your club... It would be a natural moment to let him take over.

Also Zdenek Pospech <3

L1NETT

When will Chelsea ever play successfull and attractive football?

Probably just trying to get a rise out of people but hey;

There is more than one way to win a football match, I'd say winning 2-0 with a weaker 11 is pretty damn successful. Winning the Champions League and other league and cup titles is also pretty damn "successful"

Wasted response if i'm honest, sorry for biting

---

Didn't enjoy Fargo Ep 2 that much :/

There are only 6 episodes right? So naturally middle ones may lull and tis hard to top that damn impressive opener.

Billy Bob Thornton steals the show though, not feeling Freeman at all.

Fady K

Can we let both Cech and Cortouis play for a while? Like Casillas and Lopez?

I for one can't get enough of Cech. Legend is a fitting word.

Jack cw

I rather enjoy seeing the bus. That so many idiots like you get hurt over it, only makes it so much sweeter.

I'm cool Wooden. If playing destructive like that is your pitiful standard than so be it. And last time I checked Atletico has all the chances to occupy your bus.

Jack cw

Catenaccio died over twenty years ago and people still try and hold it over us. Also funny that the pioneer of it wasn't even Italian and was a former Barca manager even.

We all know that tactics cant disappear or created out of nothing. We just call them differently. 9 man defending the goal 20 yards in front of the goal line, waiting for a quick counter or set piece is destructive, unatractive. If you call it Catenaccio, parking the bus or whatever, the style is the exact same.

Pep is killing the sport with this possession style football. I admit: It's the best defensive concept there is, I try to play that way in FIFA if I'm feeling cuntish and want to aggrevate my friends. But those matches are 10-13 minutes max. Can't endure this boring ass shit for 90 minutes each week, sometimes twice a week.

If you love football don't root for Bayern. Pep forgot that the game is about scoring goals not just trying to prevent them and hoping for a flash of individual brilliance by one of his stars.

Fady K

1 billion spent for unatractive bus parking? Impressive.

You have to realize Jack that when Chelsea play "unattractive bus parking" they do in a) specific matches and b) under specific circumstances (i.e., key injuries).

And under these circumstances, it is extraordinary how much concentration and effort it takes to defend well. Just because your team is great at attacking doesn't mean attacking football is the only way to play. Chelsea *can* play very, very attacking football based on the personnel available and the kind of opponent they face. And in other cases, they play defensive football. And sometimes, like against PSG when they won 2-0, they shift between attacking and defensive football.

This article is a good read about it (published after the liverpool game yesterday). Give it a read.

I'm cool Wooden. If playing destructive like that is your pitiful standard than so be it. And last time I checked Atletico has all the chances to occupy your bus.

Atletico does much of the same very well, they certainly got a good chance of winning it. Obviously I hope they won't, but you won't see me crying over a baby over a highly organized team, standing deep defending well, doing what they must to get the result they want. Saw several Liverpool supporters say fair credit yesterday and I would feel the same, gutted but because of my own team rather than the opponent, Chelsea did what so little teams managed to against Liverpool this season, shut them down.

We all know that tactics cant disappear or created out of nothing. We just call them differently. 9 man defending the goal 20 yards in front of the goal line, waiting for a quick counter or set piece is destructive, unatractive. If you call it Catenaccio, parking the bus or whatever, the style is the exact same.

What are you talking about. No that's not the exact same, catenaccio is not just standing 9 man defending.

Fady K

Doesn't Abramovich demand attractive football? It has been reasons in the past for him to fire managers. When will he get bored of Mourinho's tactics again?

He does, but it was proven IMO during Di Matteo's short reign that he prioritizes results over attractive football.

Salazar

High point of the Liverpool v Chelsea game was Suarez making an arse of himself sarcastically clapping Schwarzer. Ball was in play, you goober. He's not obliged to kick it to you.

Fascinating how rapidly a biting, diving racist occupies the high ground when a keeper momentarily dawdles over lumping it towards halfway.

Mark Schwarzer's crimes against football. Never forget.

Doesn't Abramovich demand attractive football? It has been reasons in the past for him to fire managers. When will he get bored of Mourinho's tactics again?

That's what people keep saying. But he never speaks himself about it. Either way, him going back with Mourinho is a clear sign he doesn't care that much, he knows him more than well enough to know Mou will get a victory whatever way he has to. Roman wants Chelsea to be in the top of the league and compete for CL again, not play Europa League and just get a top 4 trophy.

High point of the Liverpool v Chelsea game was Suarez making an arse of himself sarcastically clapping Schwarzer. Ball was in play, you goober. He's not obliged to kick it to you.

Fascinating how rapidly a biting, diving racist occupies the high ground when a keeper momentarily dawdles over lumping it towards halfway.

Mark Schwarzer's crimes against football. Never forget.

"Schwarzer is a bag of wank"

6iCHxGn.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
there's something incredibly funny about a ruthless Russian gangster prioritising beautiful football over results. You just know it's not true.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So if Arsenal win tonight maybe Everton will give up and not turn out vs City

For the good of the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom