• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that tactics cant disappear or created out of nothing. We just call them differently. 9 man defending the goal 20 yards in front of the goal line, waiting for a quick counter or set piece is destructive, unatractive. If you call it Catenaccio, parking the bus or whatever, the style is the exact same.

I was referring more to the point you are assuming an Italian would defend it. But I have never witnessed it in Italian football since I started following it when I was younger. Having players take pride in defending is something that leads to win European Cups and World Cups which we havent done to bad with.

Yes Chelsea were ultra defensive, but they had a gameplan and it worked perfectly. People on here try and act like those tactics were easy for Chelsea, but they had to be switched on for 90 minutes positioning themselves perfectly. It was the difference between the two sides. Gerrard was not switched on for the whole game and made a mental mistake that led to the goal. Had a Chelsea player made a similar mistake it would have cost them the game.

Salazar

"Schwarzer is a bag of wank"

6iCHxGn.png

I stand by that.

there's something incredibly funny about a ruthless Russian gangster prioritising beautiful football over results.

Roman isn't ruthless. He's a caring leader.

Reading about him it's actually a bit crazy how loyal he is to people he employ... Except for managers, they can all burn lol.

If there is a god he will prevent us from such a disaster. Football wont die another time.

You are right if there is a god it should go to Atletico.

Chelsea for obvious reasons.
BM for being boring cunts themselves compared to last year
RM because La Decima cunts will be too much.

BM were the proper choice last year. One of the most beautiful and devastating teams ever.

Their playstyle was awesome indeed, but we knew it was going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity for Dortmund. But it was clear before last years final that Bayern would be the guys to beat the next year as well. #rootingforunderdogs

Wilbur

Banned
Probably just trying to get a rise out of people but hey;

There is more than one way to win a football match, I'd say winning 2-0 with a weaker 11 is pretty damn successful. Winning the Champions League and other league and cup titles is also pretty damn "successful"

Wasted response if i'm honest, sorry for biting

---

Didn't enjoy Fargo Ep 2 that much :/

There are only 6 episodes right? So naturally middle ones may lull and tis hard to top that damn impressive opener.

Billy Bob Thornton steals the show though, not feeling Freeman at all.

10 episodes

DerZuhälter;109794820 said:
Their playstyle was awesome indeed, but we knew it was going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity for Dortmund. But it was clear before last years final that Bayern would be the guys to beat the next year as well. #rootingforunderdogs

Dortmund had their moment in 97

kmax

honestly, anyone but Barca.

Atletic Bilbao, Bayern, Madrid or Chelsea. Just not Barca.

Bayern is literally Barca 2.0

I'd like to see Atletico vs Real in the final. No buses or eternal passing, just fast, forward, attacking football.

Jarnet87

Don't believe Immobile's lies. Luca Toni had some sweet seasons in the Serie A too. You can't trust a man who scores too many goals in Italy.

kmax

I would love to have Messi in our squad. But apparently we are a strange bastard of a Barca 1.5 and Heynckes 2012 :/

I miss your Heynckes 2012 football, instead of this tiki taka shit that Guardiola brought with him. We're used to that kind of football, since we've met Barca 100 times already this season.

I'd actually be scared if you still had Jupp.

cremino

Abramovich hired Scolari, Ancelotti and Villas Boas with purpose of playing beautiful football and win trophies, they all failed with the exception of Ancelotti (his second season was bad tough) and the most successfull Chelsea managers are Mourinho and Di Matteo

My feelings on bus parking are quite straightforwards.

When it benefits United - it's great
When it's against United - it's bad
When it's a neutral match - it's bad.

Quite reasonable I think you will agree.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH

YEEEES

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Copenhagens director of sports finally fired.

YES. Fuck me, finally.

E2kHPdn.jpg

That's him on the blowup doll. How many fucking millions in terrible transfers from Norway he has cost us... Finally. After firing Roland Nillson a few years back (who was not doing great, although still in #1 spot) he made himself manager, threw away the league and CL lol.... How he could even return to director of sport job after that, is amazing.

Hixx

@OptaJoe 19s
30 - Kevin Phillips is the last Englishman to win the Premier League Golden Boot, back in 1999-2000. Icon.

That is crazy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
lol Carlo playing fast,forward, attacking football in the CL finals

qh8VVeJ.png

:(

Juventus Football Club has joined the football world in mourning the sad loss of Vujadin Boskov, who passed away today at the age of 82.
The charismatic Serbian coach presided over many battles with the Bianconeri during his time with Sampdoria, Roma, Napoli and Perugia, winning plenty of admirers for his professionalism and gentle nature.
His six years at Sampdoria represented his most successful spell on these shores, during which he guided the club to Serie A, European Cup Winners’ Cup, Coppa Italia and Italian Super Cup successes.
All associated with Juventus – club, manager and players – wish to express their sincere condolences to Boskov’s nearest and dearest following today’s sad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom