• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cairnsay

Banned
Well that's the most competitive team we could put out, well apart from Ben Arfa but that's a whole other issue, Tiote, Gosling and Anita are going to have to have big games for us to have any hope at all.

Moobabe

All of the sudden we have an abundance of young depth at the position.

I'm assuming Omeruo will stay on loan next year. Boro want him for a full season apparently. He has 12 games for them since January and has done well.

I would like to see Zouma in the team training with TJ and getting familiar with Mou though.

These are our on loan players (I think all of them?)

It's ridiculous - especially the second page - at the size of our squad.

Scum

Is Berardi playing?

It looks like Dave was there.

tumblr_n4qvhjI8fL1r7jzw9o1_500.jpg
De Gea, Mata and Kagawa. Together. Again.

FloatingGiroudhead.png

Matic was incredible. He's going to be THE top midfield player in the league over the next few seasons I think (alongside Toure)

Cole was fantastic. Azpilicueta was really good as well, but it was pretty clear that defending against Flanagan is a piece of piss when he has no space to run into from a one-two. There's nothing I hate more than fullbacks lofting aimless crosses into the keeper's arms because they don't quite have the nuance to find themselves a better position, or the attacking brain to just pass it on and build again*

*well, there are quite a lot of things I hate more, but it is infuriating

In hindsight, kind of wish we'd bought Gerrard off at half time, if only because of the number of long shots he took which simply gifted possession back to Chelsea. Without Henderson though, we already had our 3 trustworthy CMs on the pitch. Really disappointing response from him, the return of Stevie Me. It was like he thought it had to be him to score the goal to make up for the error, at the cost of the team.

So Moyes can bring 5 of his staff but Lewis can't.

Oh Woowar you silly sausage.

Don't worry folks, it'll work out.

Send Scholes to the transfers team, he's good at long shots.

pulga

Banned
gosh just woke up a bit ago from a massive nap

pulling all nighters to watch GoT is killing me

BUT ITS WORTH IT HHNNNNGGGGGGG

Pinning our hopes on Newcastle, to make us more comfortable in pinning our hopes on Everton, so we can pin our hopes on ourselves at Palace.

It's like a row of dominos, only the first domino is made of pure vacuum

Wilbur

Banned
Matic or Cole who was also fucking brilliant.

The entire back four were exceptional to be honest; Cole's been hard done by because Azpi's been so good, but he's able to just slip in and play well so effortlessly (which is why he has to come to the World Cup instead of Shaw).

Clegg

So Moyes can bring 5 of his staff but Lewis can't.

Oh Woowar you silly sausage.

Don't worry folks, it'll work out.

Send Scholes to the transfers team, he's good at long shots.
I don't think its that they won't all LvG to bring in his own staff. De Telegraaf makes it sound like United want roles for the 'Class of 92' (I'm beginning to hate that moniker btw) and the two camps are at loggerheads over who goes where.

It sounds like something which can be worked around, but keep in mind this clubs remarkable ability to cock things up.

Hixx

@arturpetrosyan 3m
Ryan Giggs' father: "To be a manager you have to have trust. I don’t see how the players can trust him after what he did to his brother".

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

nawz

Banned
Please arsegaf keep me updated with goal gifs in the game. I'm in Bangladesh on holiday and the net sucks! Can't see or even stream the game...!!

Wilbur

Banned
@arturpetrosyan 3m
Ryan Giggs' father: "To be a manager you have to have trust. I don’t see how the players can trust him after what he did to his brother".

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

I saw that :lol, interview in the Sun. Knocks him saying he's a coward or something.

Barzul

Go Arsenal! Wish I wasn't missing the game, these weekday games are annoying sometimes. But we always seem to win the games I miss, so maybe it's worth it.

Please arsegaf keep me updated with goal gifs in the game. I'm in Bangladesh on holiday and the net sucks! Can't see or even stream the game...!!

it's Arsenal, here's the play-by-play:

10 field players run like headless chicken till a heaven sent goal gives them the win.

Cairnsay

Banned
I know Newcastle are shit at the moment, but I just have a feeling they'll do Arsenal over, plus, Remy is back!

Usually I would have a similar feeling, we're usually one of those teams that tends to be shit against teams around us yet turn it on against bigger teams. There's just too much negativity around the club at the moment, best I can see is we dig in and frustrate them, if we're holding our own and go in at half time with a clean sheet then I may allow myself to hope.

Pinning our hopes on Newcastle, to make us more comfortable in pinning our hopes on Everton, so we can pin our hopes on ourselves at Palace.

It's like a row of dominos, only the first domino is made of pure vacuum

atm i'm pinning no hope on anyone, if I was its Aston Villa, they have a relegation battle to win.

Clegg

Imagine your own father coming out publicly and saying something like that.

What a shit human being Ryan Giggs is.
Neither Giggs has spoken to their father in years on account of him walking out on them when they were teenagers.

Ryan Giggs is moral filth, but his father standing up as a paragon or virtue is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom