• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cairnsay

Banned
Giggsys father is way hotter than him

AsZwmNm.jpg

Look at that fucking moustache, brilliant.

It's Freddie Mercury in his best Tom Jones disguise.

bud

cazorla shouldn't be playing, really. there's just no balance in this team, and it's not like he adds much by playing like he's been doing for all these months.

Diablos54

Neither Giggs has spoken to their father in years on account of him walking out on them when they were teenagers.

Ryan Giggs is moral filth, but his father standing up as a paragon or virtue is laughable.
Ahh I did not know this... Then fuck him instead!

nawz

Banned
We've lost a lot of our pace over the years. I hope Wenger rectifies that. I always felt that ryo miyaichi should've been given a shot because he (apart from Theo) can create opportunities with his terrifying pace. Allows the rest of the team to make runs etc.

Salvadora

We've lost a lot of our pace over the years. I hope Wenger rectifies that. I always felt that ryo miyaichi should've been given a shot because he (apart from Theo) can create opportunities with his terrifying pace. Allows the rest of the team to make runs etc.
I've seen enough of Ryo to determine that he isn't going to make it.

faridmon

I look at Newcastle and ask myself ''why do these players exist? What purpose do they serve?''. How low have we fallen. Try to root for these players.

Any players in the RPL ripe for plucking?

Hmm, I don't really see many of the top players leaving this summer.

Doumbia maybe, his contract runs out in 2015. Would love to see him at Arsenal just to see what their medical staff would do to him.

Criscito is a good shout for anybody needing a LB. He seems like he wants to fuck off back to Italy.

M'Vila is a definite goner in the summer too. Seems like a perfect Rodgers reclamation project. Would probably cost like 5 million.

Arnie

The only shredded hope I have is that Arsenal drop a couple of points tonight which stirs Everton enough for Sunday. However minor the chances I have to cling to something.

nawz

Banned
I've seen enough of Ryo to determine that he isn't going to make it.

His injuries have been mounting. No doubt about that. But when he strings a few games together he was also one of the top 3 performers. Especially at feynoord if I'm not mistaken. Obviously a big difference between the leagues. Nevertheless ryo tracks back and has a better engine than most of our senior players.

GQman2121

Banned
I've been reading today about how Gerrard seemed to be forcing his shots to makeup for his mistake and I don't think that's fair. Although it was pretty obvious, and honestly a natural response, he was also the only person who looked like he might be capable of finding the back of the net. Other than Sterling or Suarez perhaps getting on the end of a pass and being fouled for a penalty, I can't think of anyone that could have possibly scored with how compact we stayed throughout the game.

He was boss, but I'd need to see how he deals with a more open game before making any real judgement, without having 6 players around him working with him as a unit to take the pressure off. Send him on loan to us and we'll give him some experience being given the unenviable task of trying to cover 3 player at once as the fullbacks and CM let them skip through at will. :p

Promising PL debut though.

Really not sure who I'd give MotM to yesterday. Ba scored the vital goal and worked tirelessly, but ruined a few good breaks. And everyone in the defensive unit was pretty much immaculate, can't pinpoint one player who excelled above the rest.

It was definitely the perfect defensive situation for him to shine. Having Matic (and even Mikel) in front of him really took the pressure off and gave him time to make thoughtful decisions. Cole to his left marking the flanks as he did so well was also a huge benefit.

His injuries have been mounting. No doubt about that. But when he strings a few games together he was also one of the top 3 performers. Especially at feynoord if I'm not mistaken. Obviously a big difference between the leagues. Nevertheless ryo tracks back and has a better engine than most of our senior players.

He looked bright and was fun to watch at Feyenoord, but he only played 12 games.

In the Eredivisie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom