• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, Dortmund ultra's are pretty bonkers.

Dortmund-FANS.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
oh lawdy, totes qualified to judge then

GRRM is GOAT

Tolkien is a fucking peasant next to him

Tolkien is the driest writer of all time, fuck him. Boring as shit, if I wanted to read pathetic droopy songs I'd fucking look at the liner notes to a Morrissey album

faridmon

I haven't read a full fiction book since the last harry potter

Books do take longer to get into if you haven't read for so long, but once you get over that first hurdle, you will see yourself consuming far faster than you might think.

Try something light and engaging first.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilbur, I read most of the spoilers posted here, I don't care that much. But it boggles the mind why the book readers ENJOY being baboons about it. Dat feeling of power perhaps

Starting to think the "OMG BEST EVER crowd" is worse than the people who are relentlessly negative.
Indeed. Fucking tulips I swear

Wilbur

Banned
Books do take longer to get into if you haven't read for so long, but once you get over that first hurdle, you will see yourself consuming far faster than you might think.

Try something light and engaging first.

Maybe at night I should read instead of putting Netflix on and jerking off until my peep cries.

Wilbur, I read most of the spoilers posted here, I don't care that much. But it boggles the mind why the book readers ENJOY being baboons about it. Dat feeling of power perhaps

It must be the power :lol

I honestly know every big thing that happens in GoT. Don't give a fuck about spoilers. One day I will spoil everyone too.

It will be the reckoning.

pulga

Banned

Indeed. Fucking tulips I swear

yurt youre a crazy fucking lemon i swear to god

WHAT HAVE WE SPOILED?!

Wilbur

Banned
Bialystok hahahaha <3

"there's too many books."

- Wilbury

There is m8

Too many films and too much music as well, I'll never watch/listen/read them all. Might as well narrow the options I have and get rid of books completely. That way it's less daunting.

What about audiobooks? A good book can inspire anyone.

I know that I wouldn't focus on it and none of it would go in. Maybe I should try it though.

noal

Banned
You have to admit though, it is an investment, regardless of its quality.

That is why I am refusing to watch The Town. I don't have 4 hours to watch a movie!

Of course and with all the new forms of entertainment open to people nowadays I can see why people would be scared of starting a 1000 page book or want to watch an hour and a half film instead of reading for weeks on end on a slow burner.

Oh, but what a slow burner!

WJD

Bialystok hahahaha <3

There is m8

Too many films and too much music as well, I'll never watch/listen/read them all. Might as well narrow the options I have and get rid of books completely. That way it's less daunting.

I know that I wouldn't focus on it and none of it would go in. Maybe I should try it though.

Don't/didn't you do English?

You nob, books are great.

pulga

Banned
Tolkien was amazing for the time, he basically popularized all the fantasy tropes we find in so much derivative fantasy media. But we're in a post-GRRM world know, black and white, evil for the sake of being evil villains don't cut it anymore.

Have to respect his contribution to the genre though. But holy fuck, LotR was such a pain in the ass to read. Much preferred the Hobbit's simplicity.

bud

good to know that ramsey's looking like his old self again, and that his form earlier in the season wasn't a fluke.

should be playing higher up, though.

I really do like listening to biographies through audiobooks. Fiction however? Nah, it's just too weird for me at least, miss to many details and stuff I would just rather read than listen to someone say out loud.

I can see that being an issue with them, that's why I only listen while exercising.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't/didn't you do English?

You nob, books are great.

Yes I do english.

Look, there's just a lot of them. There's lots of classics I have read, lots I haven't read. But I'm not fond of a lot of the ones I have read (Jane Eyre, the first half of Ulysses, Wuthering Heights, Of Mice And Men etcetera etcetera) and there's lots and lots and lots I still need to read. I really like To Kill A Mockingbird, some Vonnegut stuff and L.A. Confidential.

I'll read one day

right now

i am focused on leading manchester united over this last four games of the season and whatever happens happens

faridmon

Of course and with all the new forms of entertainment open to people nowadays I can see why people would be scared of starting a 1000 page book or want to watch an hour and a half film instead of reading for weeks on end on a slow burner.

Oh, but what a slow burner!

Nah, 1000 page is long. When there are shorter, more engaging,
better
books out there, all of the sudden, 1000 pages becomes a mountain to climb, regardless of anything.

I would say, Those books are great once you get into the rhythm of reading, but making it your first book in a long time? Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom