• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better hope you don't concede a goal. Atletico are pretty good a parking the bus too.

Well that's a risk you gotta take isn't it. Not like it will be much better to go out full attacking and get a goal against you, with Atletico parking the bus for the rest of the match. Chelsea can't get West Ham/Sunderland defenses up when they are defending with all men, so I won't even begin to imagine how bad it would be against Atletico.

russian girls are the ones you marry

The truth. Russian and Ukrainian women are the most beautiful.

In before Sviat-chan annexing all the Ukrainian chicks.

valeo

They need a full back for either side, that should be the priority I think. Too often Johnson is exposed or Flanagan is shown to be the limited player he is, good as he is at that.

I always get confused by people who are pissed that they don't see an exact translation of shit on screen. Like the Iron Man 3 whiners, or people who complained about the end of Watchmen. And then they get angry over spoilers, but if you're fucking expecting whatever to happen to happen, then where's the surprise or enjoyment in seeing various interpretations?

I thought a few things in GoT have happened different to the book already anyway.

Agreed; I also think that the books aren't perfect by any means and can be improved upon. The show has improved on some, and made certain things worse; and you're right - seeing the different interpretation is the only thing that keeps be interested.

Inter are the best club in Italy

No, just wait, Palermo will make you all fall in love again next season

dybalaf7sjtn.gif

Lightning

Banned
Well that's a risk you gotta take isn't it. Not like it will be much better to go out full attacking and get a goal against you, with Atletico parking the bus for the rest of the match. Chelsea can't get West Ham/Sunderland defenses up when they are defending with all men, so I won't even begin to imagine how bad it would be against Atletico.
True. First goal is crucial in that match.

Clegg

Come in misery where you can seem as old as your omens
And the mother we share will never keep your proud head from falling
The way is long but you can make it easy on me
And the mother we share will never keep our cold hearts from calling.

Tune

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Apparently LVG wants total control over his coaches and who he brings in, which would imply gutting our current set up again like we did last year. The way it sounds none of the 92 class will have a part of the club, other than perhaps Giggs as a bridge between the new and old but given Patrick is being touted as assistant manager I wonder what role Giggs would take. Im not sure where I stand on gutting the whole coaching system again, but I suppose if you are going to give him the job let him do the job.

Clegg

Cola, if the latest reports are to be believed then Van Gaal won't budge over this staffing issue. He's agreed his own personal terms with United but if they don't appoint his staff then he'll refuse to take over.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Aye, if giggs win these last four games this is going to be another bumpy summer

Clegg

Aye, if giggs win these last four games this is going to be another bumpy summer
I don't think they'll give it to Giggs. A manager experienced at the highest levels seems to be what we're looking for. With pretty much all of those in jobs at the moment it looks like Van Gaal is the only option. This stuff about wanting the class of 92 to be involved rubs me up the wrong way though. The manager should be allowed to install whomever he chooses.

Just don't want this to go tits up because we want to keep a link to our past. Let some of them go off for a few years and get jobs and build up knowledge there. Apparently, the club is worried that we'll lose something if they're let go. I'm not so sure about that personally.

Jarnet87

I get the feeling that

A) were going to backout of the van Gaal and appoint Giggs. It's insane but if he's the manager then we have to support him. At least we know with him he has the same principles as Sir Alex from playing for him. He wants to attack and play attractive football, so at least he has a leg up over Moyes in that regard.

or

B) we appoint van Gaal, Giggs gets the boot and then becomes a bitter kunt about it and bad mouths United for eternity.

I don't see a middle ground where van Gaal becomes manager and keeps Giggs and whoever else from old United around, and Giggs seems to me like someone who would be bitter and angry and rant about it instead of seeing the big picture and whats best for the club.

Apparently LVG wants total control over his coaches and who he brings in, which would imply gutting our current set up again like we did last year. The way it sounds none of the 92 class will have a part of the club, other than perhaps Giggs as a bridge between the new and old but given Patrick is being touted as assistant manager I wonder what role Giggs would take. Im not sure where I stand on gutting the whole coaching system again, but I suppose if you are going to give him the job let him do the job.

To be honest, I would rather have Class of 92 prove themselves with the team they just bought. I reckon they have the talent, but they do need more experience.

Jarnet87

If Giggs does take over, could he really be any worse then Moyes lol? We've returned to the old ways of training, he's trying to implement the same style of football, the players seem to like him. In those regards he's got Moyes beaten already. Same thing with transfer targets. Moyes royally screwed up, it would be almost impossible for Giggs to do a worse job.

Clegg

If Giggs does take over, could he really be any worse then Moyes lol? We've returned to the old ways of training, he's trying to implement the same style of football, the players seem to like him. In those regards he's got Moyes beaten already. Same thing with transfer targets. Moyes royally screwed up, it would be almost impossible for Giggs to do a worse job.
Giggs taking over would be a disaster imo. He has zero experience managing a football team after all. Just because training may be better and the players like him more doesn't mean he'll do any better more Moyes results wise.

It sounds like any differences United and LvG have can still be sorted. Buy if both sides get stubborn then things will go tits up.

Then well scramble and desperately try to get Ancelotti.

Gutting the whole coaching system isn't bad. The reason why it was bad with Moyes was because his coaches are shit, Moyes was inexperienced handling a club the size of United, and Rene/Phelan were experienced.

It is completely different from the current coaching setup. The class of 92 aren't experienced, while Van Gaal and his coaching staff are experienced. The only one that has experience managing is Nicky Butt because he managed the u19 team in the uefa youth league and this German indoor football tournament.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Van Gaal chooses to keep Butt over Giggs. Butt knows the youth players while Giggs doesn't. Butt also has more experience coaching than Giggs. Isn't that what Van Gaal likes, from the coach he chooses, to keep at clubs? Not to mention that Giggs is the one that is touted as a future United manager and no one knows if Butt aspires to be one. Van Gaal might feel slightly threatened from that.

Fry

I cant believe Gerrard gave away the ball and ours title is in Evertons hand.

This is too much.After nearly a perfect season, these are two punches in the gut.

Salazar

Heart racing
Palms sweating
Here we go again.
Stakes are even higher now.
Eleven times our winning streak.
Place your bets.
Lay your emotions on the table.
Every one, staked on Red.
Such joy accumulated.
Now all is wagered.
On one more spin.
So close to winning everything.

What fools we are
To stake our happiness
On such a capricious wheel of fortune
And its minuscule divisions
Separating joy and despair.
A momentary lapse. A tiny slip.
The ball lands on blue.
And all is lost.

Just like that.
A four month flight of splendid soaring bliss
Ending suddenly in a brutal crash.
Hurt and aching, I crawl away
To find everything seems much duller now.
Sunshine has lost its warmth.
Even food has lost its taste.
My fire is gone, my laughter silent.
An empty hollow in my chest
Where my joy used to be.

I'm wearing my bravest mask, of course.
With sardonic quips to deflect the jibes.
Perhaps I should have kept something back.
But I staked it all upon a dream
A wonderful glorious possibility
And now I'm broken.

I've felt this way before, just once.
Half time at Istanbul
When dreams were dust
Fifteen minutes when I lost my faith.
Until from deepest darkness
I was gloriously redeemed.
I might never see the like again.
And yet... just maybe...
How much pain would you endure
For the chance to experience
Another fairytale?

Lol

er

pool

Hope not, he's been terrible for 2 months now.

Deep defending again, with Willian leading the counters. Lets get this bus going.

He wasnt on the bench against Liverpool iirc? Same with David Luiz, I would expect that to be because they will start against Atletico im expecting:

Schwarzer
Ivanovic Cahill JT Azpili
Luiz Ramires
Hazard Oscar Willian
Eto'o

If JT doesnt make it, put Branna in CB, Cole at LB and Azpili RB.

It wouldnt surprise me if Eto'o and Hazard could have played against Liverpool in some form I know Hazard trained Friday... dunno about Eto'o but I think Jose probably got them wrapped up in cotton wool.

MPW

bayern will score for sure in the 2nd leg

the question is can madrid score enough goals in munich and win on away goals

Meier

Just noticed City beat Villa in the U-21 game on Sunday which pushed City up into 4th. They play Chelsea in the semi-final of the playoffs on Thursday (my birthday! Give me a gift, Patrick and co) while Liverpool and United play in the other semi.

City game is on Sky Sports, United game is on BT Sport (Friday).

Gurthang

Banned
bayern will score for sure in the 2nd leg

the question is can madrid score enough goals in munich and win on away goals

If we score one goal, the tie is over. Don't be so sure about bayern scoring though. Can't see them playing differently than they did in the last game.

MPW

If we score one goal, the tie is over. Don't be so sure about bayern scoring though. Can't see them playing differently than they did in the last game.

lolwut? and what if bayern score 3?

and you know ramos is always ready to do something stupid and get sent off

Fry

please wait until you are managed by david moyes until you say this

having one shit season after winning everything is not worse than losing (?) the title you haven't won in 24 years, especially when the player that most deserves that title fucks it up

It's painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom