• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Lallana has had a very good season but it felt like he went through a pretty lengthy lull in terms of production. How would he slot in at Liverpool? I can't see him starting over Sterling -- would he rotate with Coutinho?

Yeah, he'd be one of the midfield 3, occasionally playing wide left.

If it's true, it will be interesting to see how the Henderson-Gerrard-Lallana midfield works for England in the summer.

Wilbur

Banned
Lallana has had a very good season but it felt like he went through a pretty lengthy lull in terms of production. How would he slot in at Liverpool? I can't see him starting over Sterling -- would he rotate with Coutinho?

Gerrard won't play as often next season, and they'll have at least an extra six games for the CL. Plenty of scope for rotation.

Plus, as we saw yesterday, Brendan needs a plan B. Lallana could have more impact on a deep lying defence than Sterling does.

Yeah, he'd be one of the midfield 3, occasionally playing wide left.

If it's true, it will be interesting to see how the Henderson-Gerrard-Lallana midfield works for England in the summer.
Gerrard is getting older I can see him slowly being phased out during next season and used as a impact sub

Feorax

I wouldn't worry 3sixty, we all know how it will go in the end...

BmV07c2IMAA4XWR.jpg

Yep Liverpool will need more players. Lallana will provide another option, I don't know if he'd elevate them to another level or anything like that but not every signing can or should do that.

As Feorax said, always nice to have Englishmen in the side too.

pulga

Banned
The
last 20 mins do not happen in the any of the current books. Bran does not get captured, John does not go north to kill, the bit with the whitewalkers at the end.

oh cmon dont be one of those

its an adaptation, of course there's gonna be changes to make things more interesting

Wilbur

Banned
Yep Liverpool will need more players. Lallana will provide another option, I don't know if he'd elevate them to another level or anything like that but not every signing can or should do that.

As Feorax said, always nice to have Englishmen in the side too.

They need a full back for either side, that should be the priority I think. Too often Johnson is exposed or Flanagan is shown to be the limited player he is, good as he is at that.

The
last 20 mins do not happen in the any of the current books. Bran does not get captured, John does not go north to kill, the bit with the whitewalkers at the end.

I always get confused by people who are pissed that they don't see an exact translation of shit on screen. Like the Iron Man 3 whiners, or people who complained about the end of Watchmen. And then they get angry over spoilers, but if you're fucking expecting whatever to happen to happen, then where's the surprise or enjoyment in seeing various interpretations?

I thought a few things in GoT have happened different to the book already anyway.

Clegg

The
Stuff like that was bound to happen eventually.

Let's face it, some of those characters chapters were pretty boring in the novels. They also need to start pacing themselves so as to not catch up even quicker to the the books. As it is, the show will catch up the books long before GRRM finishes.

LTWheels

I'm not asking for it to be 100% accurate. I don't mind divulging from the books, but I feel that what this is setting up is too much of a dramatic change which may have an unforeseen impact on the adaptation of future story lines. I basically don't want to write themselves into a corner where they can't return from.

The

Was pretty excited by the end bit, I know its not in the books
but I've always wanted to know more about the white walkers

L1NETT

Speaking of TV, series 3 of Rev finished this evening, damn bloody good stuff. Recommend catching up (you can on iplayer iirc)

So Liverpool could still win the EPL, but I wonder how bad the backlash if they got 2nd place would be.

Would seem pretty cruel, considering how invested most Liverpool fans seem to be this year.

I'm not asking for it to be 100% accurate. I don't mind divulging from the books, but I feel that what this is setting up is too much of a dramatic change which may have an unforeseen impact on the adaptation of future story lines. I basically don't want to write themselves into a corner where they can't return from.

Have faith mate. As Pulga said anyway, they're adaptations, if we treat the show and the books as two separate entities I doubt we'll have too many complaints.

For me, it was nice to have that feeling of 'WTF' while watching the show, something I feel like has evaded me, being a book reader and all.

Feorax

So Liverpool could still win the EPL, but I wonder how bad the backlash if they got 2nd place would be.

Would seem pretty cruel, considering how invested most Liverpool fans seem to be this year.

It would hurt, but it would still be a massive overachievement. We've had an incredible season no matter what.

wedward

If I were a Liverpool fan I would be absolutely devastated. This is the easiest the league is going to be for a while. Arsenal are 7 points off and I feel hugely disappointed that we blew such a great opportunity. Losing out because of GD would be too much for me to handle.

Lightning

Banned
If I were a Liverpool fan I would be absolutely devastated. This is the easiest the league is going to be for a while. Arsenal are 7 points off and I feel hugely disappointed that we blew such a great opportunity. Losing out because of GD would be too much for me to handle.
Top 4 and FA cup is excellent. Need to ensure we take Hull in the final now and it will have been a successful season for us.

Ozil will be even better next season so we're in great shape to be able to compete again.

wedward

Top 4 and FA cup is excellent. Need to ensure we take Hull in the final now and it will have been a successful season for us.

Ozil will be even better next season so we're in great shape to be able to compete again.

I agree. Winning the league would have been overachieving. I think we have the 3rd best squad in the league.

GQman2121

Banned
We've beaten every team within a hair of winning the title this year and not conceded at The Emirates, Etihad and now Anfield.

Our losses are Newcastle, Everton, Stoke, Villa, Palace and Sunderland with draws to West Ham, Brom, United.

If we win even one of those games we're potential champions.

I get that it's been literally a lifetime for current LFC supporters since they've won the league, but there are far worst ways than dropping points to Chelsea at home. There's no shame is getting this close. That winning streak had to end at some point, just be glad it wasn't on the final match day to Newcastle.

wedward

We've beaten every team within a hair of winning the title this year and not conceded at The Emirates, Etihad and now Anfield.

Are losses are Newcastle, Everton, Stoke, Villa, Palace and Sunderland with draws to West Ham, Brom, United.

If we win even one of those games we're potential champions.

I get that it's been literally a lifetime for current LFC supporters since they've won the league, but there are far worst ways than dropping points to Chelsea at home. There's no shame is getting this close. That winning streak at to end at some point, just be glad it wasn't on the final match day to Newcastle.

BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom