• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

Possibly; it will be very tricky. Though it is City's to lose first, Liverpool second and Chelsea third. Though I think Liverpool are the likeliest; one draw for City and Liverpool get it. For Chelsea to get it, I think it will be almost impossible, they need Liverpool to lose against Crystal Palace (liverpool will be getting 3 points, guaranteed, against Newcastle at Anfield) AND they need City to lose a game as well. Even draws won't suffice. And of course, Chelsea need to win their last 2 games, one of which is away at Cardiff. And Chelsea away to bottom 5-6 clubs can be horrible.

Besides a liverpool 'first title in a couple of decades' narrative, I guess a Chelsea CL & PL win would make it a particuarly memorable season, just for how Mou would be trolling the world of football. A Man City win for me is neither here or there. It's not their first, they were expected to win and somehow it would still be an underachievement for them not to have ran away with it earlier. Then the most remarkable story of the seasonwould probably be Pulis and Palace and it'd be down to Athletico Madrid to weave some kind of decent narrative at the top of football.

God if Liverpool don't win it now because of that slip.

Fucking ace.

"Class of 92" need to go get real jobs. Woodward will sort it out. I have faith. LvG appointment by end of Thursday.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think the events surrounding Schalke not winning Bundesliga in 2001 were even worse, but yeah, it feels really bad to watch this happen to Liverpool.

there's absolutely nothing worse than THIS

NOTHING

1335511165.jpg

I think so too; City will draw Everton.

I'd have been confident if they were still battling for fourth. Everton-Palace and Liverpool-Chelsea have killed them, and as an aftereffect, us. Tbh, I won't even be able to fully blame them if they play a bit half-arsed, since we did the same against Chelsea in 09/10. And they're ravaged by injury.

There's always next year (our mantra at this point :p)

Or, you know, we could smash Palace and Newcastle 7-0 apiece :p

I said yesterday that 3rd or 2nd makes no difference, but fuck that, I was chatting shit. I want to see a response against Palace, even if we draw. Chins up, move on, deal with it, back on the horse. No moping, no aura of failure and disappointment, no bowed heads. Want us to play like we're proud of what we've done this season, which is what that group of players should be. Any manager, any team, anywhere, can be outfoxed my Mourinho. Don't dwell on it, finish the season in a way that makes us ready to smash it from the very first minute of preseason.

Fady K

Oh man, even that looks sad :(

Everton were terrible last week, also I don't see Everton wanting to help us.

Yeah Everton has been really off. Lukaku has been really off too. Sadly, seeing him play like that is how I'd imagine him to be at Chelsea at the moment.

I couldn't find any picture of Paul Lambert with his tongue-out MOUTH OPEN ffs. So I went for the next best thing, Wes's avatar.

The guy barely opens his mouth haha. But here is one rare moment where he mistakenly did:

Lambert-celeb.jpg

Besides a liverpool 'first title in a couple of decades' narrative, I guess a Chelsea CL & PL win would make it a particuarly memorable season, just for how Mou would be trolling the world of football. A Man City win for me is neither here or there. It's not their first, they were expected to win and somehow it would still be an underachievement for them not to have ran away with it earlier. Then the most remarkable story of the seasonwould probably be Pulis and Palace and it'd be down to Athletico Madrid to weave some kind of decent narrative at the top of football.

It would be an epic troll for sure. But realistically, the PL chances are very, very slim. We'd need to win and need both City and Liverpool to lose a match, not even draw one. Both will face teams that won't have to worry about relegation and are all off-form. Crystal Palace would be able to do damage I thought, but then seeing them play against City I was surprised how poor they were. Furthermore, Palace are now safe too.

As for the CL, Atletico are incredibly tough and Chelsea may struggle without the likes of Terry defensively, Hazard offensively, and Eto'o as well who tends to do the goods at Stamford Bridge. Beyond that, either Real or Bayern this season will be too much for Chelsea to handle I think.

Fady K

I'm such a softie, really feeling for Carra in that pic.

I'd have been confident if they were still battling for fourth. Everton-Palace and Liverpool-Chelsea have killed them, and as an aftereffect, us. Tbh, I won't even be able to fully blame them if they play a bit half-arsed, since we did the same against Chelsea in 09/10. And they're ravaged by injury.

There's always next year (our mantra at this point :p)

Or, you know, we could smash Palace and Newcastle 7-0 apiece :p

I said yesterday that 3rd or 2nd makes no difference, but fuck that, I was chatting shit. I want to see a response against Palace, even if we draw. Chins up, move on, deal with it, back on the horse. No moping, no aura of failure and disappointment, no bowed heads. Want us to play like we're proud of what we've done this season, which is what that group of players should be. Any manager, any team, anywhere, can be outfoxed my Mourinho. Don't dwell on it, finish the season in a way that makes us ready to smash it from the very first minute of preseason.

Newcastle 7-0 at Anfield is likely my friend. Away to Crystal Palace I can imagine Liverpool winning with the odd goal. Exactly, no need to dwell and even better - the title is still within reach.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I feel bad for Solon, they don't deserve to be guttedc

It's hilarious United are trying to saddle any incoming manager with a highly inexperienced and unqualified coaching staff. No surprise managers are telling us to do one.

WJD

Eh, no one felt sorry for us in 2012 (not that I'd expect them to) so it's hard to be cut up about the Gerrard slip. Feel for some of the posters on here but the majority of Liverpool fans that I know? I'm just going to sit back and Kevin Keegan it if they don't win.

Carra gif with his kids is a little sad though.

Fady K

No team should ever underestimate United. People here are talking about top 4? I say the title; they can go for the title with a good manager any year. If no one underestimates them or any other top team then the premier league will continue to be as interesting and exciting as it was this season.

It's hilarious United are trying to saddle any incoming manager with a highly inexperienced and unqualified coaching staff. No surprise managers are telling us to do one.

Should tell the entire class of '92 to either stick around in an experience-gathering capacity while they do their badges, or fuck off elsewhere and come back when they're qualified to do the job at Utd.

None of them should be given official roles imo, certainly not if it prevents the desired manager(s) from bringing their own staff in and makes them feel like a middle-man more than a manager.

Carbonox

Wow, what the hell happened to newcastle? 4 wins in nearly 20 GAMES?? One of those wins came against Chelsea lol (sums up Chelsea this season).

Newcastle did a Newcastle and sold our best player without bringing someone in - team morale went to total shit, season ended from that moment on. All our best players who were legitimately brilliant during our good first half of the season also died this year (literally cos of injuries or because they don't care and are waiting to move in the Summer now).

We could sign a class bunch of players this Summer and not much will change. The cycle will occur again (do well in the league or fight against relegation and then the opposite will happen the following season).

I'm gonna become a Middlesbrough fan.

or become an arsenal fan like my dad but LOL they're even worse bottlers when compared with what they should be achieving

Fady K

Looking at the premier league winners since 92, I am very thankful for a year like this. Here's hoping any kind of domination like United's never exists again for any team. God, can't imagine being a non-United fan in the last 20 years in the premier league. Here's hoping to many more decades of exciting seasons at the premier league without any domination by one team. Screw that.

Eh, no one felt sorry for us in 2012 (not that I'd expect them to) so it's hard to be cut up about the Gerrard slip. Feel for some of the posters on here but the majority of Liverpool fans that I know? I'm just going to sit back and Kevin Keegan it if they don't win.

Carra gif with his kids is a little sad though.

Putting any dislike for United aside, from a neutral point of view I would say no one felt sorry for United then because of how they won it 13 times in the last 20 years. That is a minimum of 10 league titles over 2nd place. They won it the year before that year and the year after anyway. No need to feel sorry for a constant winner who tasted everything in recent years. Liverpool on the other hand have not won it in nearly a quarter of a century and their star player who has done so much for the team is almost done with his football career, can see why so many people would feel sorry for them.

LegoArmo

I think we're going to be looking at 3 in a row as being an incredible achievement, that rarely happens from now on.

But I think United will get back to winning a title every 3 years or so.

Jack cw

I love CL games at the Allianz Arena. Brilliant stadium.

I love you subtles :)
Still, most of the time the atmosphere is rather underwhelming, but that has more to do with the stadiums architecture and the fact that many families and random business guys are in the crowd.

nawz

Banned
Just because united make a hell lot of revenue doesn't mean that its going to bring them back in contention. I mean, supposing you get a brilliant manager and some core signings. It is going to take a while for everyone to find their rythem again. The PL isn't going to wait for united to find their feet. I just don't see the top 4 losing ground next season. Everyone is going to strengthen one way or another. The damage Moyes has done is going to linger for quite a while. Old Trafford needs to rebuild its name for being very very difficult ground for away teams to even nick a point.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just because united make a hell lot of revenue doesn't mean that its going to bring them back in contention. I mean, supposing you get a brilliant manager and some core signings. It is going to take a while for everyone to find their rythem again. The PL isn't going to wait for united to find their feet. I just don't see the top 4 losing ground next season. Everyone is going to strengthen one way or another. The damage Moyes has done is going to linger for quite a while. Old Trafford needs to rebuild its name for being very very difficult ground for away teams to even nick a point.

It really does though. Half a billion, man.

LegoArmo

Money talks. Teams like United, City and Chelsea are going to remain at the top for a very long time.

Chelsea finished 6th as little as 2 years ago, I think. Liverpool finished 7th just last year. Arsenal finish 4th every single year.

Adnan Januzaj will be in Belgium's initial 27-men WC squad,but Wilmots gave him no guarantees for the final 23. Januzaj has impressed Wilmots: "He can play on the wing or even as a 9. Interesting as Christian Benteke will be unavailable. National manager Wilmots on Januzaj: "I want to see him on training and see how he behaves. He has to prove himself on the pitch." (HLN)

BmXpV_TIIAA2pc6.jpg

ihGq1A0sa1Ub4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom