• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

you could say...he was Contento?

tumblr_n1mfda3lwg1rshrcvo1_250.gif

RyzeWiR.gif

bud23

Contento, a footballing legend, a real hero.

Guardiola has stolen their souls and sucked their brains out.

Fucking hell.

Zabojnik

Pulga, this is what you should be chanting on Rome's streets tomorrow.

ROMANISTA NON DISPERARE, ANCHE QUEST'ANNO L'IMPORTANTE, PER TE, E' STATO PARTECIPARE!

Wilbur

Banned
its okay, ill just go swimming in her deep british swamp

there will be no contact between a rhodes and a honduran, as foretold in the prophecies

if you were to cross the streams, cataclysm would occur

waterfalls of fire

storms of seas

forks of lightning crashing down upon our earth

a liverpool title win

pulga

Banned
there will be no contact between a rhodes and a honduran, as foretold in the prophecies

if you were to cross the streams, cataclysm would occur

waterfalls of fire

storms of seas

forks of lightning crashing down upon our earth

a liverpool title win

no yyyyy

XjvRUjz.png

Zabojnik

Garcia is on twitter btw

Juventini are fucking killing him with that Conte sliding picture

Ahahaha. Well deserved. Garcia started out great as far as making sense goes. Took him a couple of months to acquire the classic romanista antijuventino mentality. I was so disappointed when it became obvious that not even he was able to resist turning into a piangina. I guess he too, like pulga, cares about staying alive in Rome.

Clegg

van Gaal talk on MNF right now
It don't matter.

We've stalled negotiations because we want Phil Neville to be DoF and Giggs to be tea lady.

In all seriousness, De Telegraaf says LvG was in line to take over Liverpool a few years ago but walked away when he wasn't allowed to bring in his own staff.

Rikkun

*DEAD*

SUP RICKYYYYY

YUUUUUURT

I still stalk you on twitter darling

Ahahaha. Well deserved. Garcia started out great as far as making sense goes. Took him a couple of months to acquire the classic romanista antijuventino mentality. I was so disappointed when it became obvious that not even he was able to resist turning into a piangina. I guess he too, like pulga, cares about staying alive in Rome.

Yeah he started real slow, and he turned a crappy team into a godly team, they are really fun to watch and probably will stomp us. But it's true, in Italy there are just two sides, Juventini and anti-Juventini, and he's against us obviously.

Il secondo è il primo degli ultimi [Enzo Ferrari]

Clegg

Jamie Jackson has made another stab at being a journalist. Says United will give full control of transfers over to the new manager.

So what happens if LvG doesn't take over until July?

Elchele

Jamie Jackson has made another stab at being a journalist. Says United will give full control of transfers over to the new manager.

pretty sure that's one of LvG "requests" to sign. He wants full control of the club
He can make transfer without being officially the coach. and don't expect him to sign more than 1-2 players anyway

wedward

LVG has probably already provided them with a list of his top targets.

Feorax

Mirror, Guardian, Telegraph and Times all reporting Lallana to Liverpool in the summer.

£20m plus deal, roughly £70k p/w wages.

It's a lot of money, but he's a quality player, experienced leader and very versatile. Plus he's English. Would be happy with that.

He can basically leave a shopping list with Wooders. It's not unheard of.

Remember, not all managers are David Moyes. Some of them are good enough that they don't need to spend a year assessing their team and potential transfers before pulling the trigger.

Empty

just because he isn't officially manager doesn't mean he can't talk with the club.

just like how agents will agree salary, bonuses, years of contract etc before clubs even submit transfer bids, lots of football stuff happens behind the curtain

Mirror, Guardian, Telegraph and Times all reporting Lallana to Liverpool in the summer.

It's a lot of money, but he's a quality player, experienced leader and very versatile. Plus he's English. Would be happy with that.
Him and Shaw would be good additions

Clegg

pretty sure that's one of LvG "requests" to sign. He wants full control of the club
He can make transfer without being officially the coach. and don't expect him to sign more than 1-2 players anyway

LVG has probably already provided them with a list of his top targets.
That's how things would be done at a club that follows a logical process. Remember, we appointed a manager because he was Scottish and Christian like our old manager and our CEO is for all intents and purposes Screech.

I really don't think Lallana is worth a £20m+ fee, although then again, today's £25m is like the £15m of 2/3 years back in the PL.

He is a good player though, no doubts.

3Sixty

Genuinely can't see him leaving. Would be a good move for him and Liverpool though :(

LTWheels

I'm quite happy with that. Good player.

We do lack a 'constant' goal scorer from open play that is not a striker. Versatile player as well.

3Sixty

I would also genuinely cry if Lallana leaves. You guys don't want to do that to me.

I remember we agreed a deal with Fulham for 3m years back only for Lallana to turn them down lols

Wilbur

Banned
Lallana for 20m and 70k wages? Decent deal. A lot of money, but like Vulva says considering the inflation of transfers and shit it isn't too bad.

Scores goals from midfield which is sorely lacking right now in that team.

Meier

Lallana has had a very good season but it felt like he went through a pretty lengthy lull in terms of production. How would he slot in at Liverpool? I can't see him starting over Sterling -- would he rotate with Coutinho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom