• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
having one shit season after winning everything is not worse than losing (?) the title you haven't won in 24 years, especially when the player that most deserves that title fucks it up

It's painful.

Let's stop with the deserve :lol

Maybe when Gerrard stops fucking up on the pitch, he'll deserve it.

having one shit season after winning everything is not worse than losing (?) the title you haven't won in 24 years, especially when the player that most deserves that title fucks it up

It's painful.

It's not too late to switch back to Bayern you know.

#Packmas

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I woke up to this tweet from Viva (favourited and endorsed by Wilbur)

current page [95] in footy thread is a homage to Juve, a rare moment of beauty, get it on it before it passes

:((((

what did i ever do to u UnitedGAF

Mascot

It's painful.

Liverpool-haters are no doubt revelling in the fact that this year has even more emotional significance for true Liverpool fans. Winning the league this year would have been special for reasons other than the exciting, attractive football we've played.

Salazar

These Adidas shirts are goddamn nice

mOXBf1u.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tevez & Llorente are now the 3rd best duo in Juve's history, goals-wise.

BmVdAZjIAAEH6tH.jpg:large

some post-match gold

Orrico in the SKY Italia studio criticizes Llorente & Nando replies "Thank you, the critics help me to learn & grow."

Conte: “There’s still hope for those chasing us so we’ll look to wrap things up in our next league game."

SKY to Tevez: How can you miss the World Cup?
Tevez "Maybe because the national team's coach doesn't have SKY and can't watch Juve's games *smiles*."

subtles

Three Scudetto in a row.

If Conte stays it'll be a fourth.

If he leaves, they'll win the cup and prosper in the CL.

Decisions, decisions...

Has anyone defected from UnitedGAF yet?

I don't beleive so.

I'll never know how anyone could just switch teams it's just alien to me.

Been a fan for over 20 years, would of been longer but I raised to be either a West Brom or Wolves fan (family thing) when I was around 9 or 10 I had to make a choice. Luckily I had an older cousin who supported United and advised me to join the dark side and piss off both sides of the families lol never looked back.

Fady K

What's with Japan and these reactions :p? When I was down there I saw countless ads like this :p

I can't laugh at him, he's old :(

why are you the way you are wooden

I can never laugh at those who display such sadness. Even seeing Gerrard's reaction to his mistake after Ba scored (the one in slow-mo) was heartbreaking.

Speaking of heartbreaking...

BmXQe5TIEAI79oq.jpg:large

I think they are doomed.

Either sack Pardew (which won't happen because of that ridiculous contract he has) or heavily invest in this shite team.

aidan o'hara ‏@oharaa 15m
Newcastle's PL results since Christmas, not including tonight, and somehow they're still ninth: W L L L W D L L L W W L W L L L L L L

Wow, what the hell happened to newcastle? 4 wins in nearly 20 GAMES?? One of those wins came against Chelsea lol (sums up Chelsea this season).

Lightning

Banned

It's painful.
Liverpool fans overreacting. You haven't lost shit yet, you've had a set back, nothing more.

City are inconsistent as fuck. They don't look comfortable at all, wouldn't surprise me at all if they screw it up themselves and they're the ones crying.

Fady K

Liverpool fans overreacting. You haven't lost shit yet, you've had a set back, nothing more.

City are inconsistent as fuck. They don't look comfortable at all, wouldn't surprise me at all if they screw it up themselves and they're the ones crying.

Liverpool have to remember if City even draw just once the title is theirs - unless they lose to Crystal Palace which, having seen City beat them easily, they won't.

LegoArmo

Liverpool players might be a bit crushed, similarly to the fans. I could see them losing away to Palace. They have to get over this, fast.

subtles

Bah

I don't know what the big deal is. Liverpool Football Club always make the simplest of tasks unnecessarily nervy. I wouldn't be surprised if we won it on the last day. If we don't, fair play to the eventual winner. I just hope we carry our form into next season on all fronts, if possible.

I was sad for Gerrard that he slipped, as it will probably haunt him, but it happens.

Fady K

it was nice to see so many people show up for Tito. His kid looks EXACTLY like him!

It must be very sad for the players and the true fans who have known Tito for years to witness this. Just imagine how we may feel when we lose our lovable managers :(

Timbuktu

Liverpool have to remember if City even draw just once the title is theirs - unless they lose to Crystal Palace which, having seen City beat them easily, they won't.

I think the assumption is that Man city has found form at exactly the right time and will see this out, which might be right. And I think Liverpool fans do think that winning the title is somewhat an overachievement for a team that is still obviously work in progress. For all the talk about deserve or whatever, i'm not sure if Liverpool really believes it.

If they don't win it, i'd still hate that all that remains from this year and how Gerrard would remember it is that one slip.

Fady K

Bah

I don't know what the big deal is. Liverpool Football Club always make the simplest of tasks unnecessarily nervy. I wouldn't be surprised if we won it on the last day. If we don't, fair play to the eventual winner. I just hope we carry our form into next season on all fronts, if possible.

I was sad for Gerrard that he slipped, as it will probably haunt him, but it happens.

That is Chelsea's specialty. Every single time they had the chance to cement their place on top of the league for another game or two they threw it away. This has been happening for years. Hell, if it was not for Gerrard's slip in 2010 they would have not won the title since 2006.

Feorax

Bah

Tbf, I'm less worried about losing the title than I am of a repeat of 09/10.

feel

What's with Japan and these reactions :p? When I was down there I saw countless ads like this :p

I can never laugh at those who display such sadness. Even seeing Gerrard's reaction to his mistake after Ba scored (the one in slow-mo) was heartbreaking.

Speaking of heartbreaking...

BmXQe5TIEAI79oq.jpg:large

Wow, what the hell happened to newcastle? 4 wins in nearly 20 GAMES?? One of those wins came against Chelsea lol (sums up Chelsea this season).
So weird seeing Messi display actual emotion. Very nice picture (I hope noone misinterprets this).

And I agree about Gerard, as much as I'm rooting for Mou, it's a very heartbreaking situation specially after the "slip" speech. I really don't understand why people are mocking Gerard so much, he's class and doesn't deserve it.

fuenf

bayern.

Dunno how much time I'll have to post today, so I'll just say best of luck BayernGAF and MadridGAF. May they better team win.

Kosma

Banned
I really feel bad for Gerrard, Liverpool and its fans.

I can laugh somehow at the gifs, but really its heartbreaking as a fan of football to see something like this happen.

Fady K

I think the assumption is that Man city has found form at exactly the right time and will see this out, which might be right. And I think Liverpool fans do think that winning the title is somewhat an overachievement for a team that is still obviously work in progress. For all the talk about deserve or whatever, i'm not sure if Liverpool really believes it.

Possibly; it will be very tricky. Though it is City's to lose first, Liverpool second and Chelsea third. Though I think Liverpool are the likeliest; one draw for City and Liverpool get it. For Chelsea to get it, I think it will be almost impossible, they need Liverpool to lose against Crystal Palace (liverpool will be getting 3 points, guaranteed, against Newcastle at Anfield) AND they need City to lose a game as well. Even draws won't suffice. And of course, Chelsea need to win their last 2 games, one of which is away at Cardiff. And Chelsea away to bottom 5-6 clubs can be horrible.

subtles

You know what image plays back in my mind from time to time? When Mignolet fumbled Negredo's shot, there was a digital billboard in the background that had Yaya Toure on it with the most disingenuous smile that I have ever seen. That moment there I conceded that he was going to win the league.

Re: the discussion of how our season will be regarded if and when we're beaten to the title, it will be a disappointing, massive success. It will hurt until the ends of our lives as we had it in our grasp and I think it's probably Gerrard's last chance, as I really can't see us repeating a challenge next year without incredible summer business, with multiple Sturridge-quality transfers.

But past the instantly emotional feelings of regret, going from 7th to 3rd when most of us expected an unsuccessful battle for fourth is exceptional, and has shot us back up in terms of our standing. Back in the Champion's League which is fantastic, and going toe-to-toe with 2 great teams/squads/managers/staff. We've been essentially a nothing team for 5 years now before this season. Never looking like doing anything great in league standings, and being just about good enough to prevent ourselves from sliding to 8th and below.

Rodgers and this team have restored our pride in the present rather than just the past, and given the entire club a huge shot in the arm. They've given it everything this year, and I'm not gonna let one moment of our icon taking his eye off the ball cloud my feelings about them. They've played beyond their years, and not once have I come out of a game thinking thet haven't put ebough effort in.

In all likelihood, it won't end where I wanted it to when we'd seen the potential destination, but fuck me, it's been a hell of a ride

Brendan-Rodgers.jpg

RAWKish and mawkish, but fuck it

LegoArmo

Next permanent manager betting odds:

United
Louis van Gaal 1/10
Ryan Giggs 6/1
Carlo Ancelotti 28/1
Jurgen Klopp 33/1

Spurs
Mauricio Pochettino 5/2
Frank de Boer 7/2
David Moyes 6/1
Jurgen Klopp 25/1 (what?)

Poor Southampton.

Fady K

So weird seeing Messi display actual emotion. Very nice picture (I hope noone misinterprets this).

And I agree about Gerard, as much as I'm rooting for Mou, it's a very heartbreaking situation specially after the "slip" speech. I really don't understand why people are mocking Gerard so much, he's class and doesn't deserve it.

Agreed, it is a very nice and depressing pic.

And I also agree about Gerrard...feel for the guy. And the problem is that the slip can't be blamed on him in all honesty, it happens. I remember Azpiliqueta slipping at a crucial moment when Altidore from Sunderland was about to enter the box and by the time he got back up and tackled the player, he (incorrectly) conceded a penalty.

City's run is anything but easy

-

LOL Yurt, why Rhino for the last pic :p?

West Ham is so off form nowadays and the fact that they're playing at the Etihad means it is game over for them. Likewise for Aston Villa, who are doing even worse. In fact, were it not for the win against Chelsea (of course, lol) their run of recent games would have been horrible at best.

Everton are also a bit lackluster at the moment; very poor against Southampton with 2 own goals to boot, and just poor against Crystal Palace at home too. Though they are the only ones capable of upsetting City.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Re: the discussion of how our season will be regarded if and when we're beaten to the title, it will be a disappointing, massive success. It will hurt until the ends of our lives as we had it in our grasp and I think it's probably Gerrard's last chance, as I really can't see us repeating a challenge next year without incredible summer business, with multiple Sturridge-quality transfers.

But past the instantly emotional feelings of regret, going from 7th to 3rd when most of us expected an unsuccessful battle for fourth is exceptional, and has shot us back up in terms of our standing. Back in the Champion's League which is fantastic, and going toe-to-toe with 2 great teams/squads/managers/staff. We've been essentially a nothing team for 5 years now before this season. Never looking like doing anything great in league standings, and being just about good enough to prevent ourselves from sliding to 8th and below.

Rodgers and this team have restored our pride, and given the entire club a huge shot in the arm. They've given it everything this year, and I'm not gonna let one moment of our icon taking his eye off the ball cloud my feelings about them. They've played beyond their years, and not once have I come out of a game thinking thet haven't put ebough effort in.

In all likelihood, it won't end where I wanted it to when we'd seen the potential destination, but fuck me, it's been a hell of a ride

you're going to win the title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom