• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

http://i.minus.com/ihGq1A0sa1Ub4.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

And that douche Mirallas is crying real tears about it.

If any Manchester United player should be booted from WC consideration, it's fucking Fellaini - but we don't hear a word about that from Kevin.

Bitching about how "Adnan hasn't made himself number 1 in his position at MUFC yet". Let's get real about applying that criterion across the squad, you twat.

Just because united make a hell lot of revenue doesn't mean that its going to bring them back in contention. I mean, supposing you get a brilliant manager and some core signings. It is going to take a while for everyone to find their rythem again. The PL isn't going to wait for united to find their feet. I just don't see the top 4 losing ground next season. Everyone is going to strengthen one way or another. The damage Moyes has done is going to linger for quite a while. Old Trafford needs to rebuild its name for being very very difficult ground for away teams to even nick a point.
Arsenal are playing their last season of Champions League football ever next season.

I suggest you enjoy it.

And that douche Mirallas is crying real tears about it.

If any Manchester United player should be booted from WC consideration, it's fucking Fellaini - but we don't hear a word about that from Kevin.

Bitching about how "Adnan hasn't made himself number 1 in his position at MUFC yet". Let's get real about applying that criterion across the squad, you twat.

Like Chadli. He's played less and has been shit.

nawz

Banned
Arsenal are playing their last season of Champions League football ever next season.

I suggest you enjoy it.

Yeah k we get told that every season for the last 5 seasons lol. I suggest you give up on that thought.

I just really hope we win the fa cup. It is vital we get some form of the "winning mentality" installed in these players. I think it'll do the entire club a wonder.

Blablurn

Funny article on Bild.de. Today we send Madrid to hell:

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

Mirallas is absolutely right Sal, Januzaj doesn't belong anywhere near Belgium's world cup squad. Not that I mind his poor man's Neymar act, considering how Russia easily shut down the real thing.

Yeah k we get told that every season for the last 5 seasons lol. I suggest you give up on that thought.

I just really hope we win the fa cup. It is vital we get some form of the "winning mentality" installed in these players. I think it'll do the entire club a wonder.
Yep and Arsenal have got real comfortable not really achieving anything and winning the top 4 trophy every year.

If they don't show serious ambition in the summer, times up.

I hope you win the FA cup also, it would be good to see Hull win but I defo want to see the North London parade for the FA Cup.

you're sending them to Koln?

lol

So excited for tonight. Invited to watch at a friends house with a couple of friends. Rooting for Madrid, host though is a Bayern fan and just recently recovered from cancer. Guess it's time to take off the gloves and be an ugly asshole to him again.
I already feel bad about it. But I shouldn't, right? It's Bayern I'm rooting against. Not him.

He's been given two weeks to prove himself. Good luck with that. Young and Valencia on the wings for the next two games harharhar

There's something seriously messed up with quoting on mobile GAF

sohois

Though there are certainly no guarantees that United will recover into any kind of position of strength, one would be wise to wait 2 years or so of struggle before suggesting there is some permanent decline; even then, 2 of the major obstacles to success are decidedly impermanent anyway.

Even if Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Liverpool can form a new top 4 for the next few years, one would have to assume that sooner or later the sheikhs will get bored with their toy, or Abramovich will say the wrong thing to Putin, or some such event and the pair fading back into irrelevance. At that point United have such an advantage over the rest of the league that returning to title contention would be inevitable.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale must be so fucking hyped, this time last season he was drawing 2-2 with Wigan, now he's in a CL semi with a great chance to win the tournament. I guess I take a small amount of pride that Madrid's 2nd and 3rd best players came from us.

Fady K

I feel for my Arsenal bros. Would love to see them get a league title again eventually.

So excited for Bayern / Real. This would have been a great final even. Good luck to both.

Newcastle did a Newcastle and sold our best player without bringing someone in - team morale went to total shit, season ended from that moment on. All our best players who were legitimately brilliant during our good first half of the season also died this year (literally cos of injuries or because they don't care and are waiting to move in the Summer now).

We could sign a class bunch of players this Summer and not much will change. The cycle will occur again (do well in the league or fight against relegation and then the opposite will happen the following season).

I'm gonna become a Middlesbrough fan.

or become an arsenal fan like my dad but LOL they're even worse bottlers when compared with what they should be achieving

Really sucks, losing Cabaye. But I mean, did his sale do *that* much damage? Can't believe Pardrew didn't get a replacement, especially with their experience of finding great talents out of nowhere. Do you think Pardew will still be your manager this August?

Bale must be so fucking hyped, this time last season he was drawing 2-2 with Wigan, now he's in a CL semi with a great chance to win the tournament. I guess I take a small amount of pride that Madrid's 2nd and 3rd best players came from us.

I still can't believe Ronaldo and Bale are on the same team. No fair.

Walshy

Liverpool still have a chance of winning the title.

I still think City will drop points, although it's a little less likely now Touré is back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I still can't believe Ronaldo and Bale are on the same team. No fair.

This isn't even Bale at 100%, this is him at 60% with no pre-season. Next season him and Ronaldo are going to destroy the world.

GQman2121

Banned
I feel the same way about United as the Corleone family felt about the potential of losing the Don in The Godfather.....

Tom: If we lose the old man, we lose our political contacts and half our strength. The other New York Families might wind up supporting Sollozzo just to avoid a long -- destructive war. This is almost 1946...nobody wants bloodshed anymore.

Ferguson was the key in my eyes. I think United are going to have to come to terms with overpaying for players like the other wealthy clubs and know that agents are going to take them to the cleaners because they know they can.

I also think a player like Lallana is perfect for them.

nawz

Banned
Can bale now speak fluent Spanish?

United's success wasn't purely Ferguson? I thought it was always him and his coaching staff? Obviously fergie was the leader of the group but he moulded that team and perfected it over many seasons. Nobody can do that in a year (or even two to three).

I hated Ferguson but he was brilliant at what he did.

Jack cw

DerZuhälter;109909042 said:
lol

So excited for tonight. Invited to watch at a friends house with a couple of friends. Rooting for Madrid, host though is a Bayern fan and just recently recovered from cancer. Guess it's time to take off the gloves and be an ugly asshole to him again.
I already feel bad about it. But I shouldn't, right? It's Bayern I'm rooting against. Not him.

Der Stachel muss tief sitzen...
Thank god you are a vocal minority today in Germany.

pretty sure Di Maria and Coentrão came from Benfica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom