• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Atlético has offered €22M for Immobile. (Kicker)

:lol Dortmund, just sign Firmino already.

Every time one of 'our' players is involved in a potential transfer, clubs come up with silly offers. And get away with it too. Not sure why. Spuds paid, what, 35M€ for Lamela? PSG something close to that for Marquinhos. Fucking Marquinhos. Yet when it comes to Immobile, the league top scorer ... 20M€. 22M€. Lol, fuck off. Dortmund and Atletico obviously aren't oil/insane clubs and, sure, 20M€+ is what he is actually worth. But still. Come on, 40M€. You can do it. COME ONNN.

Juventus is missing one. Missing a century by one point will feel horrible. I hope they make it.

At this point the real problem is do we draw and go to 100 or win and go to 102. We're not losing the last game of the season at home to Cagliari, no way.

Every time one of 'our' players is involved in a potential transfer, clubs come up with silly offers. And get away with it too. Not sure why. Spuds paid, what, 35M€ for Lamela? PSG something close to that for Marquinhos. Fucking Marquinhos. Yet when it comes to Immobile, the league top scorer ... 20M€. 22M€. Lol, fuck off. Dortmund and Atletico obviously aren't oil/insane clubs and, sure, 20M€+ is what he is actually worth. But still. Come on, 40M€. You can do it. COME ONNN.

Marotta only knows how to be cheap. Buying AND selling, makes no difference.

hiroshawn

Banned
cux5QaM.gif

GorillaJu

Holy fuck I finally killed the Pursuer. That fight took forever, had to be absolutely perfect with my rolling, I was at 50% hp the whole time and not willing to use an effigy since I'm sure I'll need them later when the game is harder.

Also my build is absolute fucking garbage. I started out as a bandit but the only bow I've found is a shit ass short bow. My favorite weapon I've gotten is a lightning dmg sword some knight dropped after I accidentally hit him and he fought back.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Holy fuck I finally killed the Pursuer. That fight took forever, had to be absolutely perfect with my rolling, I was at 50% hp the whole time and not willing to use an effigy since I'm sure I'll need them later when the game is harder.

Also my build is absolute fucking garbage. I started out as a bandit but the only bow I've found is a shit ass short bow. My favorite weapon I've gotten is a lightning dmg sword some knight dropped after I accidentally hit him and he fought back.
You'll get a ring that reduces the health penalty to 75% in the Heide's Tower of Flame! Right before you fight the first boss there.

Don't worry about that knight, he's only there to drop good weapons. :p

Zabojnik

Welcome to Dark Souls!

You do need to be careful with your effigies, but don't be afraid to use one from time to time, if you feel like you need to. You'll find more later. Not more than enough, but more still.

As for the Pursuer ... should've used the two catapults. Easiest fight evar, lol.

Zabojnik

Fantastic GoT episode.

GoT spoiler
They really should've handled better the whole 'Yara' to the rescue part, loool. It's exactly how I would expect someone like her, an Ironborn, to react to the whole Reek thing. But not so soon after she gave that Braveheart speech, not all in the arc of 5 minutes. Felt incredibly rushed and badly executed.

GorillaJu

You'll get a ring that reduces the health penalty to 75% in the Heide's Tower of Flame! Right before you fight the first boss there.

Don't worry about that knight, he's only there to drop good weapons. :p

Wait, what? I didn't get that ring, and I killed the Dragonrider. Unless there's another boss you're talking about.

Welcome to Dark Souls!

You do need to be careful with your effigies, but don't be afraid to use one from time to time, if you feel like you need to. You'll find more later. Not more than enough, but more still.

As for the Pursuer ... should've used the two catapults. Easiest fight evar, lol.

I tried to use the ballistae but I couldn't get him to stay in range long enough. He just rushed over and bashed it. Gave up on that idea and just slapped him with my lightning sword about 30 times lol

Zabojnik

Wait, what? I didn't get that ring, and I killed the Dragonrider. Unless there's another boss you're talking about.

I tried to use the ballistae but I couldn't get him to stay in range long enough. He just rushed over and bashed it. Gave up on that idea and just slapped him with my lightning sword about 30 times lol

You missed the other boss in Heide's Tower of Flame. I did too at first. You know the room with the three giant knights? If you go to the left there, you eventually end up on a platform with a single giant knight. There's a lever there that's easy to miss.

Yeah, hitting him with the ballista (that's the word I was looking for, lol) took a few tries. :)

Zabojnik

I can't stand Petyr's accent/way of speaking. That and the changes made to the story, killed my love for GoT

I was/am in the same boat regarding Littlefinger, but I've started warming up to him recently. The story changes, I welcome. Doesn't bother me at all.

Fantastic GoT episode.

GoT spoiler
They really should've handled better the whole 'Yara' to the rescue part, loool. It's exactly how I would expect someone like her, an Ironborn, to react to the whole Reek thing. But not so soon after she gave that Braveheart speech, not all in the arc of 5 minutes. Felt incredibly rushed and badly executed.

GoT spoilers
It's funny because they built it up at the end of the last season and continued to in this episode. Was expecting a bigger pay-off. Dat ending tho.

Marc

Is this Dark Souls 2 oddmorsel?

Getting into Demon Souls now, killed a golden Dragon on a bridge when I finally found a wand on the tower. Got me enough souls to level up and finally kill the black skeleton with two katanas on another level and get some cool gear. Then killed a massive spider boss.

Sounded like dark souls is easier than demon souls generally? Might help me out more, see how far I can get with this first.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_n5f7yn5Zlc1s8z5rho1_400.gif

tumblr_n5f8tjDVfG1s8z5rho1_400.gif

tumblr_n5f7hkKdCU1s8z5rho1_400.gif

I don't know why Storari is wasting his time with us

Osvaldo celebrated the fuck out of that goal. Karma for what they did to him. (Painted his house with the word 'merda' or something)

Zabojnik

GoT spoilers
It's funny because they built it up at the end of the last season and continued to in this episode. Was expecting a bigger pay-off. Dat ending tho.

GoT EP6 + book spoilers
The fighting choreography was pretty bad as well. Hopefully the upcoming Viper vs. Mountain duel will make up for it. Up until now I think Hound vs. Beric Dondarrion is my favourite fighting sequence in the show.

Herr K

Banned
Where do you see Conte going? I don't know why is Juve letting the man go, he played a big part in Juve's recent success.

Zabojnik

I really need to start recording our matches via HDMI/capture card for giffing purposes. Bless you for the effort, Yurt, but those tumblr gifs ... :D

Where do you see Conte going? I don't know why is Juve letting the man go, he played a big part in Juve's recent success.

If he goes, it will be because he has concluded that Juve have no chance of being an even remote competitor in the international arena. He's won all there is to win in Italy and broke pretty much every record with us and he is nothing if not ambitous. If we can't afford (or want) to give him the squad he wants to compete in Europe, then what's the point in staying (from his perspective)?

Mirror reckon the Shaw deal is just a formality at this stage. £25m fee and £75k p/w wages. Please be right about something for once.

Who's next on the hitlist...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Quite the opposite, it's HIM breaking up with us. :'( and I don't blame him one bit.

however, I think it's an utterly stupid move to ditch HIS project after three years of building it just to start over from scratch in France or somewhere else. Unless his main motivation is the money? Which doesn't sound like Conte to me. (we were paying him 1 million or 1.5 in his first season :lol :lol)

Sounded like dark souls is easier than demon souls generally? Might help me out more, see how far I can get with this first.

It's much easier, yes. You get way too many checkpoints/bonfires this time around.

I really need to start recording our matches via HDMI/capture card for giffing purposes. Bless you for the effort, Yurt, but those tumblr gifs ... :D
hahah those aren't mine actually!

bjaelke

I plummeted from 10th to 21st in the fantasy league over the last 3 games of the season...
I wonder if any of our loan players will be back to play on wednesday?

Most of them still have games to play in their respective leagues. I can only think of Borini and Assaidi.

GorillaJu

You missed the other boss in Heide's Tower of Flame. I did too at first. You know the room with the three giant knights? If you go to the left there, you eventually end up on a platform with a single giant knight. There's a lever there that's easy to miss.

Yeah, hitting him with the ballista (that's the word I was looking for, lol) took a few tries. :)

Oh do you mean the "blue cathedral" or something? It seemed like the next level so I didn't go in, felt like I should go to the no man's wharf instead.

Zabojnik

Oh do you mean the "blue cathedral" or something? It seemed like the next level so I didn't go in, felt like I should go to the no man's wharf instead.

Yes. It might 'feel' like it, but no, it's not the next level. It's just the second boss and a NPC / covenant and a bonfire. No new area. Go finish it when you have 15mins to spare. :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ledley King's testimonial today. Should be quite good, Ginola, Berbatov, Davids, plus Sherwood of course.

I imagine he will get his pink slip tomorrow and then we can start talking to MoPo and FDB. Hopefully we get the latter.

Recommend me laptops guise

No need for graphical power, need a good CPU, HDMI-port (assume they're standard by now anyway), preferably capable of receiving 300mbps internet, don't need a huge HDD, preferably Windows 7 preinstalled, 8 is acceptable though, and need it to run reasonably cool

Budget £600-£800. If that's way off-base for the criteria I mentioned, tell me :p

Zabojnik

Recommend me laptops guise

No need for graphical power, need a good CPU, HDMI-port (assume they're standard by now anyway), preferably capable of receiving 300mbps internet, don't need a huge HDD, preferably Windows 7 preinstalled, 8 is acceptable though, and need it to run reasonably cool

Budget £600-£800. If that's way off-base for the criteria I mentioned, tell me :p

£600 should be more than enough for a laptop with these specs. Can you even recommend a specific laptop these days? They're basically all the same, if you're buying brand. Just set on a price - again, £600 should do it, especially if it's not going to be your main computer, which it won't, otherwise consider yourself expunged from the halls of the glorious master race - and buy the most featured / best proc laptop you can find.

Carbonox

If I had to rate Newcastle's season, it would be this:

First half - 9/10: I believe it was our best first half season in years? Even better than the one we finished 5th in. Everything was going brilliantly and so many players improved drastically from the previous season. Debuchy, Cabaye and Gouffran in particular were fucking immense.

Second half - 0.5/10: Self-explanatory. Lost Cabaye, Team stopped caring. The .5 is cos Pardew fucking headbutted a player. HEADBUTTED. One of the funniest moments of the season. Had we kept Cabaye or signed a good player to replace him (honestly if we pulled off Grenier that would have been more than sufficient) then we could have continued a legitimate challenge to the top 6 again.

It's interesting to see where we go from here. Will we yo-yo again and fight relegation or will we surprise yet again and try and challenge for the Europa League again? How many players will leave vs how ever many will be signed? Pardew's no doubt staying too.

I expect another overhaul of the squad. With the likes of Remy and De Jong fucking off back to their parent clubs (before being sold on) and Ameobi probably not getting another contract, there will at least be a major overhaul of the strikeforce (Cisse's injured for months too) as we won't have a single striker who is available.

Then there is Cabaye's replacement who will no doubt be Remy Cabella. That's a promising move but we need more creative midfielders to replace dross like Gosling and to add depth to a midfield that bar the starters is full of kids. Going for Grenier again would be lovely. Bring Abeid back and KEEPING HIM would be class too. Guy's lit up the Greek league so could be a good squad player at the least especially at his age.

Defensively I think we could do with a replacement for Debuchy if he does go and a new CB. Coloccini's confirmed he's staying, Williamson was superb before the entire team's capitulation and Yanga Mbiwa could still come good personally.

Krul might leave so a new GK is in order too (honestly would love Forster back but he's too good for a mid-table club now.

What's actually going to happen regardless is that it will be a season of highs, lows and Pardew farts. Never a dull season with Newcastle. NEVER. Somewhere something will happen that will piss everyone off again. Maybe we sign one loan player again for the whole window. Maybe this time Pardew tiger knees someone in the chin.

pls tiger knee someone in the chin pardiola

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Real lose the CL final then Ancelotti will be sacked, right? Or is the Copa del Rey a big thing?

Seems like selling Ozil and Higuain came back to haunt them when they picked up some injuries, the squad just ran out of legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom