• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Hopefully this doesn't screw Villa over too much, they're a great club and it wouldn't be nice seeing them flounder.

Top stadium, decent fans, traditional values and one of the few midlands clubs that aren't dull as dishwater.

King_Moc

Banned
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn proves to me there is still life in Square-Enix yet. Absolutely superb title, probably their best of the generation and I don't even like MMORPGs. Shame they have fuck all lined up in the immediate future though. That garbage looking Murdered game will bomb so badly.

It's brilliant. I'm forcing myself to take a week off of it at the moment.

A shame it required them to remove staff from virtually every other project though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Of City's 102 Premier League goal only one was scored by an English player. JM7.

Shameful, by the way. But that's the PL for you, a soulless albeit awesome league.

United are going to be a force to be reckoned with next season with Shaw and Conte.

and Nani, finally.

How do you hold on to someone you've never met?

3efa64863e0cc17ee9a47e0a79747fec.jpg

GorillaJu

Yes. It might 'feel' like it, but no, it's not the next level. It's just the second boss and a NPC / covenant and a bonfire. No new area. Go finish it when you have 15mins to spare. :p

Yes!

Nah, it's just an optional boss that leads to a Covenant of cunts
they hunt invaders :(
and the ring ;)

Thanks. I decided to fight him, was really frustrating at first until I figured out which direction to dodge, then I had no problem. Currently stuck on the three sentinel bosses. Mostly because the fucking horde of asshole cunt-hair knights and stupid dogs on the way to the boss room. Lost all my souls twice just getting owned by 8 greatswords jamming down my every orifice.

Got that sick ass ring that increases souls gained though <3 Love this game.

NateDog

Is it just me or is £27m a ludicrous amount for Shaw? One for the future sure but considering the nearness of that to what they paid for Mata.

Also hi, I was going to pop in here when I started posting around the boards but was too afraid.
e5013525.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Is it just me or is £27m a ludicrous amount for Shaw? One for the future sure but considering the nearness of that to what they paid for Mata.

Also hi, I was going to pop in here when I started posting around the boards but was too afraid.
e5013525.gif

This could be my alt

welcum

And no, I think 27m is a fair price. Considering his talent, considering he's English, considering our massive deficiencies at left back, and considering his age, 27m is fine. Wages are the stickler.

This could be my alt

welcum

And no, I think 27m is a fair price. Considering his talent, considering he's English, considering our massive deficiencies at left back, and considering his age, 27m is fine. Wages are the stickler.

Age really is the main factor here. He's already good enough and we could have him for over a decade. £27 million seems very reasonable when looked at that way.

People always point to Rooney and Ferdinand fees then forget we've had both playing at high levels for the best part of a decade too.

GorillaJu

27m isn't crazy, considering how sought after a player he is. It's risky, but United have done well by overpaying for the biggest English talents in the past (Ferdinand, Rooney, Jones may end up in this category). When they're so obviously as good as Luke Shaw is, someone in the PL is going to pick them up, and United have always been diligent about being there with the biggest bid.

Blablurn

Reconstruction of the #SüdSüdSüdkurve is underway!

full_2.jpg

they will change the southern stand into a standing area. from the left corner flag to the right.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks. I decided to fight him, was really frustrating at first until I figured out which direction to dodge, then I had no problem. Currently stuck on the three sentinel bosses. Mostly because the fucking horde of asshole cunt-hair knights and stupid dogs on the way to the boss room. Lost all my souls twice just getting owned by 8 greatswords jamming down my every orifice.

Yeah that's the first wall in the game. Terrible and frustrating fight.

Did you find the bonfire behind the cracked wall? It's closer to the boss.

Because it's the year 3500 and the sea level has risen 2000m.

Brilliant ahahah

King_Moc

Banned

You can run straight to that boss without fighting anyone. When you go through the door, avoid the Knights by going down the flight of stairs, along the corridor and then up the ladder.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I honestly don't even know who Luke Shaw is, but that hasn't stopped players going for more than £27m these days.

Wilbur

Banned
I honestly don't even know who Luke Shaw is, but that hasn't stopped players going for more than £27m these days.

:lol

Like horsey and morsey said, he's well worth it. The Ferdinand and Rooney transfers were absolutely worth it. We've got ten years out of them both.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
If Shaw goes at least we'll get a good price because he's 18. Normally clubs are buying our players at 16-17 for peanuts (Bale, Walcott, Ox etc)

bjaelke

"Yesterday I finished my 7th season with Liverpool. I want to thank the ones who supported me all this years. #thankyou #goodbye"

Lucas Leaver?

Wilbur

Banned
We're talking about the national team. Only reason I dislike them is because of all the shit I'd get to read if they won the World Cup.

Exactly. Our media are irritants, we either have an inflated view of our prospects or an entirely negative one, and people like seeing us lose because it's all "home of football looool they're shit"

Finals start in an hour.

First off: Dutch

Nervous.

Help.

Good luck baby. Just sway your hair in their direction.

LTWheels

With city's upcoming FFP penalties, do you think they are likely to keep Barry now? With limits to squad size and Lescott and Richards set to leave, they need to reach that homegrown quota.

Wilbur

Banned
With city's upcoming FFP penalties, do you think they are likely to keep Barry now? With limits to squad size and Lescott and Richards set to leave, they need to reach that homegrown quota.

Well Barry's contract is running out isn't it? So he'd probably need big wages to convince him. Which doesn't help with FFP :lol

Get fucked City.

Zabojnik

God, I fucking hated that fight. It's not one of the most active summon spots for nothing. As Yurt said, be sure to get access to the secret bonfire behind the cracked wall.

sohois

Random off topic - booking flights is such bullshit. I remember 3 years ago when I first moved my return flights to London were under £600 and direct. Now I'm lucky to find one for £800 with stops. And you know if I waited until 3:38am on a Friday the prices would be much lower for no reason. Stupid crap

-

On Shaw, he's expensive not because of the transfer fee, but because of the wages.

WJD

Got no problems with a £27m price, he's pretty much as close as you can get to a sure
shaw kekekekeke
bet in terms of young talents.

27m isn't crazy, considering how sought after a player he is. It's risky, but United have done well by overpaying for the biggest English talents in the past (Ferdinand, Rooney, Jones may end up in this category). When they're so obviously as good as Luke Shaw is, someone in the PL is going to pick them up, and United have always been diligent about being there with the biggest bid.

Maybe I'm getting old and it's due to inflation or something but 27m does sound pretty much, especially for a still uknown entity.

But then again, we also paid 27 for Fellaini so in comparison Shaw looks like a bargain.

We just need a lot of work. At least 3-4 more players. Midfield and defense needs a complete overhaul, still don't believe the Glazers will open up their wallets as everyone is expecting them to do.

Elchele

Random off topic - booking flights is such bullshit. I remember 3 years ago when I first moved my return flights to London were under £600 and direct. Now I'm lucky to find one for £800 with stops. And you know if I waited until 3:38am on a Friday the prices would be much lower for no reason. Stupid crap

-

On Shaw, he's expensive not because of the transfer fee, but because of the wages.

I have always wondered how much is the real prices of a flying ticket. I have a friend who works at Copa Air, she only has to pay 80$ to travel from my hometown to Buenos Aires. And I had to pay 1500$ for the same flight

WJD

Priorities for me now are

1. Centre mid
  2. Left back
  3. 2nd centre mid
  4. Centre back
  5. Right back (cover)
  6. Winger

Don't need to be shopping for strikers or goalkeepers, obviously.

Think we'll get 1, 2 and 5.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I have always wondered how much is the real prices of a flying ticket. I have a friend who works at Copa Air, she only has to pay 80$ to travel from my hometown to Buenos Aires. And I had to pay 1500$ for the same flight
Once the plane is 1/4 full the rest is pretty much pure profit. The main problem is if there will be people at the other side to get on that plane when it lands, or how long will it have to wait and will it be flying elsewhere empty. Co-ordonating that is where the cost comes in.

Feorax

"Yesterday I finished my 7th season with Liverpool. I want to thank the ones who supported me all this years. #thankyou #goodbye"

Lucas Leaver?

Be sad to see him go, but it's probably for the best. Could see him going back to Brazil and making a name for himself there to get a second shot at the NT.

Suddenly makes those Javi Martinez rumours much more interesting.

EDIT: Nevermind

Lucas Leiva &#8207;@LucasLeiva87 1m
O tchau foi referente a temporada que terminou nada mais .
The goodbye that I said it is about the season that finished nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom