• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ipc6VlB.gif

2399493-3356286996-ibiKJ.gif

Barzul

Nick Powell will not feature for Wigan tonight after pleading guilty to drink driving. 14-month driving ban and a £5,000 fine

Damn the UK doesn't play around. That's what you get for driving drunk over there? I got pulled over the other day, I had been drinking (Only 2 drinks) but well aware of my faculties, well not aware enough to know that I'd been driving without headlights. Luckily I was right next to my apartment complex when it happened and explained to the cop that it was a new car and I thought the headlights were on auto because it was pretty well lit (and I swear they were on when I left, must have tripped to off when I sued the blinker). He just let me go, not even with a warning. Just asked if I was done for the night, I said yeah and he said that's probably for the best lol. I was kinda scared because it was the first time that ever happened. Probably would've been put in jail if I was in the UK. 'Murica for the win.

Damn the UK doesn't play around. That's what you get for driving drunk over there? I got pulled over the other day, I had been drinking (Only 2 drinks) but well aware of my faculties, well not aware enough to know that I'd been driving without headlights. Luckily I was right next to my apartment complex when it happened and explained to the cop that it was a new car and I thought the headlights were on auto because it was pretty well lit. He just let me go, not even with a warning. Just asked if I was done for the night, I said yeah and he said that's probably for the best lol. I was kinda scared because it was the first time that ever happened. Probably would've been put in jail if I was in the UK. 'Murica for the win.

We treat drink-drivers like the scum they are

In fact, we should be harsher.

Barzul

We treat drink-drivers like the scum they are

In fact, we should be harsher.

You guys driving system does seem a lot more rigorous than in other places in the world that's for sure. Then again if I lived in England, I probably won't even bother driving with the public transportation y'all have.

Splatt

Connor Wickham should be on standby ahead of Carroll. Neither are really good enough (atm) but Wickham is at least bang in form and is quite a bit younger and hopefully will develop into someone that can lead the line for England.

I was gonna say he's not tall enough but he's actually 1.90m :lol:

jesalr

USA: 'What's an offside?'

There was an outrageously gorgeous American my flatmate brought round yesterday. We got to talking, and she mentioned the whole Andy Gray and Keys thing with the lineswoman. Said she learnt "offsides" because of that.

I've never felt more conflicted.

Slizz

Never understand any athletes getting DUI's.

You are fucking rich, hire a driver for the night.... I don't care if its 'your' car and you wanna drive it. Do it in the day before you get faded....

Salvadora

Really, Yen? Never thought it was going to amount to anything special and most likely end as a Force Unleashed with prettier graphics. Now, Battlefront 3. That's what you should be excited about.

Apparently he enjoys his drink a little bit too much.

As is evident.

Grant Holt said this about him in October.

“You know what to expect with him, he is a worse trainer than me.

He is talented. He has played in a couple of position including up top where he doesn’t like but he has to do it.

If he keeps developing and keeps his feet on the ground, because he keeps scoring goals, but he is very talented and we are very lucky to have him."

If he doesn't have the dedication he won't make it.

Apparently the coaches at United last season weren't impressed by his ethic either.

Welp, LvG gonna get him in shape or ship him out.

He's like the complete opposite of Adnan. Adnan has always had the work ethic of Ronaldo because of his father. His father always told him that he needs to do better and it shows in all his interviews.

Zaha and Nick need a father like Abedin. A father that will beat their ass if they don't train 24/7.

Chiellini banned for three games for Pjanic elbow. Prandelli better shove his code of ethics up his ass and take him to WC anyway. As much of a cunt he is, he's the best cb we have in a back 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom