• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Alan Davies doing a World Cup podcast with Dom and Tom from Bantams Banter (Bradford City podcast) for ITV

Pretty cool that.

Enjoyed Davies' Euro 2012 thing he did for the Beeb.

Salvadora

Alan Davies doing a World Cup podcast with Dom and Tom from Bantams Banter (Bradford City podcast) for ITV

Pretty cool that.

Enjoyed Davies' Euro 2012 thing he did for the Beeb.
The Tuesday Club is hosted by Alan Davis and it's a right hoot. It's worth listening to even for the non-Arsenal fans. Just a naturally funny guy.

L1NETT

The Tuesday Club is hosted by Alan Davis and it's a right hoot. It's worth listening to even for the non-Arsenal fans. Just a naturally funny guy.

Yeah I listen occasionally. Saw Ian Stone at the comedy store a while back, he's pretty sharp too .

--

No Kinect

Halo 2

Sunset Overdrive

Forza Horizon 2

Goddamit MS. My poor wallet.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching Prison Break season 2, I am astounded at the amount of times Lincoln stands opposite, next to or within eye distance of anyone reading a paper and attempts to stare them down, he is really the thickest human being in tv history.

phaze

This Arctic Monkeys cover of Tame Impala is fucking amazing. Well, it's really mostly just Alex but ya know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZDFQ3oYbg&feature=youtu.be

God I love Turner's voice. Even Bieber songs would be amazing if done by him.

Probably dc'ing but who cares:
Arsenal open talks with Toulouse over Aurier move

Arsenal have opened preliminary talks with Toulouse over a £7 million move for defender Serge Aurier, Goal can reveal.

The Gunners have made the versatile right-back their top target to replace Bacary Sagna.

Aurier has impressed Arsene Wenger's scouting team with his performances for Ligue 1 side Toulouse, who are in mid-table with one match of the season remaining.

Aurier has been a regular provider as well as scorer this season from his right-back role, weighing in with six goals and six assists in league matches alone.

The 21-year-old, who is a full Ivory Coast international, is set to feature in the World Cup this summer and is regarded as a versatile defender who can fill in at left-back and centre-back as well as his favourite right-back role.

Wenger wants deals in place for two new players before the World Cup, even if the formalities are not completed until after the event.

Abraxas

Aurier, Rémy and some holding midfielder wouldn't be too bad i guess. Wenger will never add quality+quantity. We need a new CB really, but iggy Miquel will be force into a reserve CB role before he is ready.

Blablurn

Amazon Germany had Xbox Ones with Camera in very good condition for 360€ the other day. The general price was 450€. Not sure if this going to help much in the long run.

L1NETT

I doubt taxes have much to do with companies screwing over Europe.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22868787

Tax is certainly a major factor. In the US, sales tax varies from state to state and is added to the headline price at the checkout. In the UK, the 20% VAT charge is included in the price you see.

In terms of exchange rates, it seems reasonable for the companies to protect themselves against a fall in foreign currencies. That may partially explain the higher price charged in the UK by US based Microsoft. Sony is headquartered in Japan, though, which doesn't explain a difference between prices in the US and the UK.

Although I agree, I think in continental Europe things will remain incredibly Sony heavy. Gonna take a fucking miracle to turn that around

Things could get interesting here though.

Blablurn

XeclVqX.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Monreal missed out on the world cup team? Bugger. He should have performed better. Santi was lucky to be included as he hasn't played that well either.

But I see Xavi got picked so lol at that...

EmiPrime

Amazon Germany had Xbox Ones with Camera in very good condition for 360€ the other day. The general price was 450€. Not sure if this going to help much in the long run.

It's in a similar situation that the Wii U was in a year ago. An official price drop means very little if retailers have been doing their own price drops over the last 3 months and the competition has the better product.

I think they need a killer app and to be cheaper than the PS4 if they're to recover.

Feorax

It's in a similar situation that the Wii U was in a year ago. An official price drop means very little if retailers have been doing their own price drops over the last 3 months and the competition has the better product.

I think they need a killer app and to be cheaper than the PS4 if they're to recover.

They have/had one. It just didn't shift many units...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom