• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Steven. ‏@StevenLDN 1 min
Frank De Boer hasn't joined Ajax for any of their public appearances in Indonesia. RUMOUR CART, GET SET, READY, GO!

MUPPET MODE

ENGAGE

i know it's all bollocks

Into

white knights
smiley-laughing002.gif
why are you posting on the gaming side

..you know...you are on to something.

Hixx

Connor Wickham still can't get a game for the England U21s
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Do we have the next Ronaldo playing upfront for our u21s and no-one told me?

Zabojnik

Yeah and Ranocchia.....Not bad tough. I was expecting the worse with Gilardino

It's a pretty solid selection, tbh. I guess Cassano was a given, since Rossi's status is still pretty foggy. I would've liked to see Sansone in the squad as well. Loved what I saw of him with Sassuolo.

My PS4 is coming on friday. Together with Infamous, Killzone and Knack. Don't make me regret this, Sony.

You caved? Amazon UK? #TeamNotWaitingAnymore

I'm gonna watch Godzilla tmw. Be sure that I'll post an objective review of it.

Be sure to post a review of Interstellar's trailer as well.

Mastour will train with Milan's first team.

El Shaa is finally free to join City.

Mastour will train with Milan's first team.

Next season he'll be with the first team all year long and he might play on Sunday vs Sassuolo, FIGC already said that everything was fine with his age and all. He'll become one of the youngest players in Milan history to play in Serie A (16 years, 11 months).

I'm hyped.

FootballFan

Switzerland

Goalkeepers: Diego Benaglio (Wolfsburg/GER), Roman Buerki (Grasshopper), Yann Sommer (Basel)

Defenders: Johan Djourou (Hamburg/GER), Michael Lang (Grasshopper), Stephan Lichtsteiner (Juventus/ITA), Ricardo Rodriguez (Wolfsburg), Fabian Schaer (Basel), Philippe Senderos (Valencia/ESP), Steve von Bergen (Young Boys), Reto Ziegler (Sassuolo/ITA)

Midfielders: Tranquillo Barnetta (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER), Valon Behrami (Napoli), Blerim Dzemaili (Napoli), Gelson Fernandes (Freiburg/GER), Goekhan Inler (Napoli, )Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich/GER), Valentin Stocker (Basel)

Forwards: Josip Drmic (Nuremberg/GER), Mario Gavranovic (Zurich), Admir Mehmedi (Freiburg), Haris Seferovic (Real Sociedad/ESP), Granit Xhaka (Borussia Moenchengladbach/GER)

Kenkaaa

Wow

Granit Xhaka.

Much striker.

Meier

Who are they playing instead? It does seem pretty crazy given his recent form.

Goalkeepers: Jonathan Bond (Watford), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Sam Johnstone (Manchester United).

Defenders: Tyias Browning (Everton), Eric Dier (Sporting Lisbon), Luke Garbutt (Everton), Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough), Michael Keane (Manchester United), Liam Moore (Leicester City), Brad Smith (Liverpool).

Midfielders: Nat Chalobah (Chelsea), Jordan Cousins (Charlton Athletic), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Josh McEachran (Chelsea), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Wide: Tom Ince (Crystal Palace)*, Jesse Lingard (Manchester United)*, Jordan Obita (Reading), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), Wilfried Zaha (Manchester United)*

Forwards: Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Ings (Burnley)*, Solly March (Brighton & Hove Albion), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham).

I hadn't heard of him, so I looked up "Solly March." He had 1 goal in 27 appearances this season. Cauley Woodrow had 2 goals in 18 apps for Southend United this year.

Blablurn

It's a pretty solid selection, tbh. I guess Cassano was a given, since Rossi's status is still pretty foggy. I would've liked to see Sansone in the squad as well. Loved what I saw of him with Sassuolo.

You caved? Amazon UK? #TeamNotWaitingAnymore

Be sure to post a review of Interstellar's trailer as well.

El Shaa is finally free to join City.

I caved like a little bitch. I got the Bundle from Amazon Germany! Arrives here on Friday. Can't wait!

Not sure if we're getting the interstellar trailer but I'll write something if its there!

L1NETT

March has gone from obscurity to a regular place in the Brighton first team.

The kids has earned it, he's done right well

Marc

Fuck Demon Souls, was doing really well, killed some huge knight boss who was easy and about to face some grim reaper dude. Then I get 'invaded' which was the gaming equivalent of a rape, felt utterly powerless. They had some spear that broke all my armour and a fire sword that took almost all my health with a swipe. I ended up cowering behind a pillar hoping he would get bored. Had no idea players could do that, and there is no offline mode within the game itself. Agh! I generally hate multiplayer games, this doesn't help.

Connor Wickham still can't get a game for the England U21s
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Do we have the next Ronaldo playing upfront for our u21s and no-one told me?

It still amazes me that Southgate managed to get a pundit job on a major channel, then somehow got put in charge of youth development (farkin' el!) and then promoted to U21 manager. After proving a terrible manager and showing the insight of a badger high on cyanide. Must be the luckiest guy around.

This is after having a playing career that Curtis Davies would be proud of, and being most famous for being shit at pens and doing an advert about it covering his ugly mug.

Hodgson and Southgate, its a bloody nightmare.

King_Moc

Banned
Fuck Demon Souls, was doing really well, killed some huge knight boss who was easy and about to face some grim reaper dude. Then I get 'invaded' which was the gaming equivalent of a rape, felt utterly powerless. They had some spear that broke all my armour and a fire sword that took almost all my health with a swipe. I ended up cowering behind a pillar hoping he would get bored. Had no idea players could do that, and there is no offline mode within the game itself. Agh! I generally hate multiplayer games, this doesn't help.

I do like the fact that people are still playing Demon Souls every now and then purely to troll new people.

Romulo's selection is interesting. Cesare likes having a joker on his squad (which explains the inexplicable inclusion of Giacchelini all this time), I guess Romulo fits that role.

Marc

I do like the fact that people are still playing Demon Souls every now and then purely to troll new people.

Yes Father, they got to me and I know it. :(

Having to spend all my souls on repairing my items, some kind of message in that, a piece of me died today. What is annoying as well is the enemies seem to ignore him, so I got a boss and ghost demons behind me and an invader in front of me kicking my arse. With him obviously a much higher level, the odds not stacked enough... did you want to throw in another invader to help him out?

Ok so it looks like that leaked list wasn't 100% accurate. This is apparently the official preliminary Italy WC squad:

Goalies: Buffon, Sirigu, Perin

Defenders: Maggio, Abate, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Paletta, De Sciglio, Darmian, Pasqual, Ranocchia

Midfielders: Pirlo, De Rossi, Marchisio, Motta, Montolivo, Canadreva, Aquilani, Verratti, Parolo, Romulo

Forwards: Balotelli, Cerci, Rossi, Cassano, Insigne, Immobile, Destro

http://www.figc.it/it/204/2524143/2014/05/News.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom