• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Surely Benfica don't take penalties like that in training? Just idiotic. Cardozo missed with a stutter run up yet the next guy did the same thing.

It's pretty usual for Cardozo to do those when he's lacking in confidence... he always fails when he does it.
There's a reason why he's the player with the most failed penalties in the Portuguese league history.
I still don't understand why Jesus keeps putting him to score penalties and free kicks.

Ensirius

Could we please put to rest this stupid thing about la liga being poor quality? We are currently winning everything in Europe and actually the world with the word cup being Spanish too...

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
BASED LA LIGA!!!!!
1st place and 3rd place teams in the CL Final
2nd place team got knocked out by the 1st place team in the CL quarters
5th place team won Europa League
10th place team got knocked out by 5th place in EL semis
20th place team (!) got knocked out by 5th place in EL round of 32

Best league in Europe

Wilbur

Banned
i can't breathe

the curse is real

can you imagine somewhere in nigeria

there is this man

he took a virgin's blood

a goat's toe nails

his father's pubes

he put them in a pot

mixed it all together

and then he said

in perfect english sans the nigerian accent

"benfica i curse you you will never win another european cup again"

what this nigerian man has against benfica we will never know

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a first aid technique that can be used if someone is not breathing properly or if their heart has stopped.
Chest compressions and rescue breaths keep blood and oxygen circulating in the body.
If someone is not breathing normally and is not moving or responding to you after an accident, call 999 or 112 for an ambulance. Then, if you can, start CPR straight away.
Hands-only CPR

If you have not been trained in CPR or are worried about giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to a stranger, you can do chest compression-only (or hands-only) CPR.
To carry out a chest compression:
Place the heel of your hand on the breastbone at the centre of the person’s chest. Place your other hand on top of your first hand and interlock your fingers.
Position yourself with your shoulders above your hands.
Using your body weight (not just your arms), press straight down by 5–6cm on their chest.
Repeat this until an ambulance arrives.
Try to perform chest compressions at 100-120 chest compressions a minute.
When you call for an ambulance, telephone systems now exist that can give basic life-saving instructions, including advice on CPR. These are now common and are easily accessible with mobile phones.
CPR with rescue breaths

If you’ve been trained in CPR, including rescue breaths, and feel confident using your skills, you should give chest compressions with rescue breaths. If you are not completely confident, attempt hands-only CPR instead (see above).
Adults

Place the heel of your hand on the centre of the person's chest, then place the other hand on top and press down by 5–6cm at a steady rate, at approximately 100 compressions per minute.
After every 30 chest compressions, give two breaths.
Tilt the casualty's head gently and lift the chin up with two fingers. Pinch the person’s nose. Seal your mouth over their mouth and blow steadily and firmly into their mouth. Check that their chest rises. Give two rescue breaths.
Continue with cycles of 30 chest compressions and two rescue breaths until they begin to recover or emergency help arrives.
Children over one year old

Open the child's airway by placing one hand on the child’s forehead and gently tilting their head back and lifting the chin. Remove any visible obstructions from the mouth and nose.
Pinch their nose. Seal your mouth over their mouth and blow steadily and firmly into their mouth, checking that their chest rises. Give five initial rescue breaths.
Place the heel of your hand on the centre of their chest and press down by at least one-third of the depth of the chest. Use two hands if you can't press down hard enough with one.
After every 30 chest compressions at a rate of 100 per minute, give two breaths.
Continue with cycles of 30 chest compressions and two rescue breaths until they begin to recover or emergency help arrives.
Babies under one year old

Open the baby's airway by placing one hand on their forehead and gently tilting the head back and lifting the chin. Remove any visible obstructions from the mouth and nose.
Place your mouth over the mouth and nose of the infant and blow steadily and firmly into their mouth, checking that their chest rises. Give five initial rescue breaths.
Place two fingers in the middle of the chest and press down by one-third of the depth of the chest. Use the heel of one hand if you cannot press deep enough with two fingers.
After 30 chest compressions at a rate of 100 per minute, give two breaths.
Read more information about how to resuscitate a child.

MrKaepora

It's pretty usual for Cardozo to do those when he's lacking in confidence... he always fails when he does it.
There's a reason why he's the player with the most failed penalties in the Portuguese league history.
I still don't understand why Jesus keeps putting him to score penalties and free kicks.
Because he is JJ.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Respect for La Liga, a sweep this year!

even though it has nothing to do with the league's quality really

EliCash

Exactly. No point complaining about how far the keeper is out when the striker is faking shots 3 times in his 1 run up.

I agree, nothing worse than the stutter step, no sympathy there. But it was pretty silly, he could probably have caught a penalty bound for the top corner.

Marc

@OptaJose: 0 - Benfica are without a win in their last 14 European games against Spanish opponents (D6 L8). Hungry.

Farking hell, RIP Benfica.

Benficas curse to come to an end? I would go with them to win personally, the choking is a bit ingrained at this point though.

Wow... they did it... they found a way to lose.

clapping-gif-12.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Johnny Tapia in dat Bacardi advert

Also, agree with Hitch. Nice to see a EL team and not a CL team win it. Shouldn't be congratulated for failure.

Feorax

Lots of news coming out tonight for Liverpool transfers. Apparently Jack Robinson and Connor Coady are being sold. Neither really surprises me. Apparently there are about 15 players who might be shipped out, although it's unlikely all will be done in the same window. (Tony Barrett - Times)

Ilori might be allowed to go back out on loan, so I assume we're going to definitely bring in another CB (Guardian).

Madrid have been in touch with Suarez' representatives and reckon they could get him for £70m (John Cross, lol).

Meier

And yet there are rumors City are interested. Interested In a 30 year old (turning 31 in less than a week) player who hasn't scored in 6 months (or in nearly 2 years for his national team) and is having the worst year of his career including Paraguay. It's amazing what shit will be printed. :lol

dani_dc

Because he is JJ.

That unfortunately makes considerably more sense than it should.

I just have a hard time understand how someone can make the same mistake so many times and not learn, at some point I would expect him to figure out which players have the right mentalitiy for this situations, or at the very least, which ones don't.

I'm curious if he's going to talk about how the important thing is being on finals again after this.

Konosuke

Jesus is destroyed, I didn't want to see him like this. I really hope the Spanish domination ends with the Champions League...The World Cup needs a new winner.

But yeah, if there was a player capable of choking, that player is Cardozo. And to think he was rumored to join Barça lol.

Oh well, go Beto! Whooooooooooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom