• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

uaMvQTk.png

kYFVZc5.png

Jack cw

DerZuhälter;112462390 said:
Whatever sympathy Bayern won under the years of Hitzfeld, Heynckes and even van Gaal (or Klinsman lol), is going to be lost thanks to the work of Sammer and GuardiCunt.

I really do hate this team now again as much as in the 90s.
Love it! Reactions like this are the biggest appreciation we could get. No need to be upset m8, you'll win the Telekom cup in a few months.

sohois

Finally caught up with the 50 pages of the thread I missed over the weekend;

Glad Arsenal finally won a trophy, never really had any ill feelings towards them like some other Liverpool fans and to be honest the 'no trophies for x years' just seemed like a stupid insult to throw;

I see some Liverpool links to Emre Can and people wondering about him, I remember watching the u-17 World Cup a few years back because Liverpool had 6 players in - Sterling included - and Can was the best player in the whole tournament.

Last summer when it was reported Bayern were looking to sell I was desperate for Liverpool to make a move, based largely on his tournament performances. However, over the past year his seemingly average performances for Leverkusen have dented that optimism, being as there are a great deal of merely 'talented' young midfielders already. That plus the links that Rodgers has to Can's agent leaves me quite worried that this is almost a Bebe-esque deal (though Can would still be far superior).

What I hope in the end is defensive minded players always take a little longer to develop than those focused on attacking, and that Can's performance in the u-17 WC was evidence that he too can match Sterling in development

fuenf

I want HSV to win today with a goal that wasn't in. After the ref didn't allow two legit goals for Fürth.

Pls

why? HSV was against goal line technology.

„Aber man muss sich auch fragen, wie groß der Nutzen dann ist“, sagte Sportchef Oliver Kreuzer der MOPO. „Wie oft geht es denn pro Saison um solch strittige Tore? Vielleicht fünf, sechs Mal. Und in den meisten Fällen wird dann auch ohne Technik richtig entschieden.“

Gary Lineker destroying Piers Morgan on twitter :lol

There aren't any sufficient words to describe Piers Morgan. Embarrassment to Arsenal, to football fans in general and the shit he pulled regarding the cricket last year (Ashes in Australia) - whilst we were terrible, was fucking ridiculous.

When is he going to get locked up for phone hacking?

Baki

I'm sorry I don't have the same fucking stockholm syndrome as the rest of you. I do realise what we had and it's long gone, I now fully realise we had the most competent intelligent self-organised players in the league, who overcame the non-existent motivational and tactical skills of the manager and now they are gone you can see he is a dinosaur.

Do you think the 2005 team was satisfied with the FA Cup? Where they fuck.

The manager absolutely deserves to be sacked and has deserved to be sacked for a very long time now. The fact that former players skirt around the issue when asked about it and you can see from their reactions they think he needs to go says it all.

Saying that doesn't make me any less of a fan. There is a massive downside to the FA Cup win (and lets be honest we won due to the draw, had we faced the Chavs, Mancs, Arabia or the Scousers away we would have been smacked), we are stuck with the fucker for longer. It is just purgatory.

We beat Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham to reach the final.

Can't rely on Rafael not to get injured though, and competition won't hurt. Might help him push on further.

Wilbur is right. The wages he wants are ridiculous. Focus on other positions and promote Vermijl. Assess the rb situation after next season. If Rafael is indeed out for a while again, and if Vermijl fails to impress, get a new rb.

why? HSV was against goal line technology.

„Aber man muss sich auch fragen, wie groß der Nutzen dann ist“, sagte Sportchef Oliver Kreuzer der MOPO. „Wie oft geht es denn pro Saison um solch strittige Tore? Vielleicht fünf, sechs Mal. Und in den meisten Fällen wird dann auch ohne Technik richtig entschieden.“

I don't care about goal line technology to be honest. German refs not being shit would be a good start. Just look at the guy who's going to Brazil for us :lol

And I want someone to suffer today. HSV is proper shite but at least they're not Greuther fucking Fürth.

K1LLER7

I think the assumption that he'd make us play 5-3-2 is incorrect.

Think he'll go back to 4-3-3 in the WC. He was probably trying the formation out as they were missing some of their main players.

Didn't watch the game but he mentions Clasie having a good game. Young midfielder, maybe LVG will go for him.

LTWheels

So many Arsenal shirts in London today. I know it was the parade but find it weird to see adults wearing football shirts as normal clothes.

I did see one Liverpool shirt though.

The white away one.

Jack cw

"...Seven, three, five and the nine."
"Perfect, I think someone is ready for the cup final!"
Dortmund GAF pls. You sound like even worse losers than Kloppo. Sure the goal was in and all but if you want to win a final then either score more goals to be not at disadvantage by the ref or ffs nail the ball into the net.

bjaelke

Participated in the cph marathon today and as a result I've now lost complete control of my legs. Was planning on going to the Brøndby game in an hour but the tv (and a large pizza) will have to suffice.

Congratulations arsenal and atl madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom