• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

It was the worst BVB-Bayern match in recent years. Both attacks didn't manage to do much at all and were poor. Doesn't make it brilliant on a tactical level just because it was boring.

The CL final was brilliant on a tactical level and there were plenty of chances.

A Pep team actually defended. That's a huge step forward in his tactical abilities.
But yeah, I don't really liked the match that much. You're still in time to sign Firmino (he's already better than Nerman lol)

caramac

itKKbQBjtjCyG.gif

EmiPrime

Youth team coaches measure their success by how many players make it through to the first team rather than youth trophies. Southampton arguably have the best academy in the country but they haven't won much in the way of trophies because if they're anything like Arsenal's they will tell players to focus on improving specific skills during games rather than going for wins.

A player like Wilshere who joins the club at age 9 who then goes on to win the FA cup with the same club that raised him is the raison d'etre of any youth setup.

Youth team coaches measure their success by how many players make it through to the first team rather than youth trophies. Southampton arguably have the best academy in the country but they haven't won much in the way of trophies because if they're anything like Arsenal's they will tell players to focus on improving specific skills during games rather than going for wins.

A player like Wilshere who joins the club at age 9 who then goes on to win the FA cup with the same club that raised him is the raison d'etre of any youth setup.

I think that's true for the bigger clubs. Lower league clubs will probably judge more based on how many players are sold on to higher division clubs; essentially generating money & financing the academy.

Salvadora

Yeah.

I was reading about that recently and how, for example, one keeper was told to come out and collect the ball to aid his development. Makes sense really, and is the whole point of youth football.

Hixx

It's the Super League Magic Weekend (rugby) at The Etihad.

I wonder how much this makes us? FFP fine be-gone.

Child's play.

We've got One DIrection @ the SoL next week.

Some scruffy teenager is going to be defiling my seat.

fuck.

faridmon

Now, now, you are just undermining a good youth set-up to maximise your success yesterday :p

We had a lot of youths coming through the ranks with Barkely, Stones and Garbutt, all have contributed toa great overall season. We are also looking to bring 3 more players from that U18 team to give our squad a EL depth, or so the rumour goes!

Zabojnik

That brunette in jeans shorts at the end, nnnnnnnngh.

CAMPIONIIIIIIIIII

ROMA MERDA

NAPOLI MERDA

FIORENTINA MERDA

INTER SUKAAAAAAAA

L1NETT

Now, now, you are just undermining a good youth set-up to maximise your success yesterday :p

We had a lot of youths coming through the ranks with Barkely, Stones and Garbutt, all have contributed toa great overall season. We are also looking to bring 3 more players from that U18 team to give our squad a EL depth, or so the rumour goes!

Barnsley mate

Pennywise

It was the worst BVB-Bayern match in recent years. Both attacks didn't manage to do much at all and were poor. Doesn't make it brilliant on a tactical level just because it was boring.

The CL final was brilliant on a tactical level and there were plenty of chances.

This.

Both teams were exhausted, the only real standout players were Robben and Hummels.
The rest was shit, I've never seen so many mistakes between Dortmund and Bayern.

Fuck HSV.
-.-

EmiPrime

I think that's true for the bigger clubs. Lower league clubs will probably judge more based on how many players are sold on to higher division clubs; essentially generating money & financing the academy.

Yep almost certainly.

Not at all! I think you'll agree though that Barkley having the great season he did and getting into the WC squad is a bigger success than the youth cup. Like Jack did with Arsenal he joined Everton at a young age (11) and if you can hold onto him and win a cup he will almost certainly become a club legend.

Wilbur

Banned
Anddddd banned.

Again, Moyes bought Stones.

edit: Linny doing Moyeezus' work

Slizz

Can't believe I saw multiple Atletico fans all geared up, hanging out last night in Miami. Coulda sworn everyone here was a Barca or Real fan.

Ramsey is a hero.

To think I wanted him out, lol. Shove that crow down my mouth, Aaron, shove it down good.

Going to get the next home shirt with his name on it :D

Wilbur

Banned
Juventus rock. Congrats boys. And congrats Roma for pushing them so hard.

This is the season of Los Rojiblancos tho. Pls slay the Real menace.

Fuck, imagine it. What a season for Cholo. Zabo please give him the respect he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom