• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I just love UnitedGAF's enthusiasm on Van Gaal. It reminds me of us BayernFans when he first joined us. The first season under him will most likely be great, although I'm not sure whether his tactics will work as well in the EPL. Anyways, better pray that Giggs is ready to save you once his 'me against the world'-ego takes over.
I think most of us aren't really thinking that far ahead yet - it will almost certainly be a short term stint. But at least it will be a bit of fun. And quite frankly there at some people at the club who maybe need to be upset and made a little uncomfortable.

Wilbur

Banned
Indeed. I think he'll only be there two years anyway, and then either Giggs steps in or we go HAM for Klopp. And I think we need it. Moyes was too in awe of the club and the players. Need someone that will come in, do things his way and garner respect from being his own man instead of a pale imitation of one.

Linius

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hahah Hixx <3 you scared the shit out of Odd, it's
DARKlurker

@Odd

You need 5 giant souls to do some decent damage on The King, or else it'll be nearly impossible/way too frustrating. You get three from the weird-trees in the Forest of Fallen Giants IIRC, one in a hidden cave in The Gultch and one off the Ancient cunt

Romez

Man I just love UnitedGAF's enthusiasm on Van Gaal. It reminds me of us BayernFans when he first joined us. The first season under him will most likely be great, although I'm not sure whether his tactics will work as well in the EPL. Anyways, better pray that Giggs is ready to save you once his 'me against the world'-ego takes over.

I'm just happy to have an actual idea of how to play, instead of a mish mash of tactics/players.

Teams like Sunderland, West Brom, Swansea, Southampton come to Old Trafford and keep the ball better than we do.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm just happy to have an actual idea of how to play, instead of a mish mash of tactics/players.

Teams like Sunderland, West Brom, Swansea, Southampton come to Old Trafford and keep the ball better than we do.

Mm. I've got no problem with 4-4-2 like a lot of people do - City played with it for large parts of the season, and Atletico have done it all season - , but it's about personnel. And we don't have the personnel to effectively set up like we have been doing.

Mm. I've got no problem with 4-4-2 like a lot of people do - City played with it for large parts of the season, and Atletico have done it all season - , but it's about personnel. And we don't have the personnel to effectively set up like we have been doing.
Not just the personnel, the formation is too high level to analyse on. We have been playing a really flat 442 with not enough players making angles or running into space and that's been the problem really.

But for sure if you do play that way you need to make sure you have 2 midfielders who can handle the load and we clearly don't.

Wilbur

Banned
Not just the personnel, the formation is too high level to analyse on. We have been playing a really flat 442 with not enough players making angles or running into space and that's been the problem really.

But for sure if you do play that way you need to make sure you have 2 midfielders who can handle the load and we clearly don't.

Yeah, agreed. Good thing Vidal's a cert.

Romez

I don't mind the 4-4-2 either but when you have players like Young, Valencia and Fellaini and all you do is cross it won't work.

GorillaJu

Hahah Hixx <3 you scared the shit out of Odd, it's
DARKlurker

@Odd

You need 5 giant souls to do some decent damage on The King, or else it'll be nearly impossible/way too frustrating. You get three from the weird-trees in the Forest of Fallen Giants IIRC, one in a hidden cave in The Gultch and one off the Ancient cunt

Yeah I figured out the location of those ones. I think I'm gonna respect and fuck with my build a bit, and try some new things out, maybe hang out in the Belfry area and get revenge on all the cunts who didn't let me fight the Gargoyles.

confuziz

Banned
NEMC6li.png

CL pots at this moment (and assuming everyone qualifies that is seeded)

Linius

NEMC6li.png

CL pots at this moment (and assuming everyone qualifies that is seeded)

Arsenal, Porto, Zenit and Leverkussen. Three of those need to drop out for Ajax to get in pot 2. That's not gonna happen, pot 3 it is.

What do the stars behind Celtic and Bucharest mean?

confuziz

Banned
Arsenal, Porto, Zenit and Leverkussen. Three of those need to drop out for Ajax to get in pot 2. That's not gonna happen, pot 3 it is.

What do the stars behind Celtic and Bucharest mean?

2 stars mean they have to start in the second qualifying round, *3 and *4 means 3rd and fourth qualifying round

Derp1na

Banned
Indeed. I think he'll only be there two years anyway, and then either Giggs steps in or we go HAM for Klopp. And I think we need it. Moyes was too in awe of the club and the players. Need someone that will come in, do things his way and garner respect from being his own man instead of a pale imitation of one.

I don't know why United fans aren't concerned with the likelihood of Giggs being their next manager after Van Gaal. He's shown absolutely nothing that suggests he would be a good manager and he has the personality of a goldfish.

He will be a worse appointment than David Moyes.

avaya

This from an Arsenal fan:

Unfuckingbelievable

We lose to Blackburn and go out and we get "There goes our only chance at a trophy to focus on the CL which we cannot win. Sack the manager"

We win the FA cup and "Meaningless trophy lol. Sack the manager"

Some people ruin the enjoyment for themselves and will never realise what they have until they don't have it anymore.

I'm sorry I don't have the same fucking stockholm syndrome as the rest of you. I do realise what we had and it's long gone, I now fully realise we had the most competent intelligent self-organised players in the league, who overcame the non-existent motivational and tactical skills of the manager and now they are gone you can see he is a dinosaur.

Do you think the 2005 team was satisfied with the FA Cup? Where they fuck.

The manager absolutely deserves to be sacked and has deserved to be sacked for a very long time now. The fact that former players skirt around the issue when asked about it and you can see from their reactions they think he needs to go says it all.

Saying that doesn't make me any less of a fan. There is a massive downside to the FA Cup win (and lets be honest we won due to the draw, had we faced the Chavs, Mancs, Arabia or the Scousers away we would have been smacked), we are stuck with the fucker for longer. It is just purgatory.

Plasma

Banned
This from an Arsenal fan:

Unfuckingbelievable

We lose to Blackburn and go out and we get "There goes our only chance at a trophy to focus on the CL which we cannot win. Sack the manager"

We win the FA cup and "Meaningless trophy lol. Sack the manager"

Some people ruin the enjoyment for themselves and will never realise what they have until they don't have it anymore.

Fuck them, we haven't won a trophy in nine years if they can't be happy about winning the FA cup they'll never be pleased.

pulga

Banned
I don't give a FUCK. God I can't wait. Dat third transfer request.

The pride I have in you adopting the British usage of the word fanny far outweighs any rage felt at your sexual possession of my mother. Congrats.

'Pussy' just felt too distasteful when concerning her sweet nectar.

Linius

Hmm, it actually appears his daddy wasn't that good of a banker guy and even got sentenced to prison. And Dan himself also isn't such a great poker player, nobody really knows how he got the money :lol

Salvadora

To be fair Wilbur, he has on a number of occasions (including yesterday) brought Sanogo on and switched formation.

Could definitely do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom