• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, do you have any free players you may want to donate to Milan? Thanks.

#BrokeClub

Who needs new players when you have Constant, Mexes, Muntari
actually didn't play too bad to finish the season but still
and Birsa?

For real though..I hope Kaka decides to leave. Maybe Abate will have a good World Cup and we can cash in on him to get a decent LB or CB. Abate really isn't that good..just fast but then again he got burned by Mesbah..

Slizz

How are the KFC's over in England?

I honestly never go to KFC's here because of how dirty and god awful the quality control is.

LegoArmo

Miguel Delaney said:
Surprisingly, United may enjoy more success in bringing in one of Arturo Vidal from Juventus or Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas. While there is a belief that the Chilean midfielder can be secured relatively cheaply in relation to his standing, Barca may also be "open-minded" about offers for Fabregas.

Woodward.

Tc91

How are the KFC's over in England?

I honestly never go to KFC's here because of how dirty and god awful the quality control is.

They are alright, I'm not a massive fan of the chicken (like the pieces in the bucket) from KFC I prefer the burgers and hot wings.

You will be missed yaya.

mZUI7DB.jpg

Herr K

Banned
and Birsa?

For real though..I hope Kaka decides to leave. Maybe Abate will have a good World Cup and we can cash in on him to get a decent LB or CB. Abate really isn't that good..just fast but then again he got burned by Mesbah..

Why do you want Kaka to leave? I'm yet to see him live.

LegoArmo

The rest of Delaney's article basically gives this impression:

Shaw: Confident
Kroos: Confident
Hummels: No
Reus: No
Vidal: Ehh
Fabregas: Maybe

Definitely "aiming" high, I guess.

Yen

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...inal-23-man-squad-and-starting-11-projections

Portugal 2014 World Cup Roster

GK Beto Sevilla
GK Eduardo Braga
GK Rui Patricio Sporting
DF Andre Almeida Benfica
DF Bruno Alves Fenerbahce
DF Fabio Coentrao Real Madrid
DF Joao Pereira Valencia
DF Luis Neto Zenit
DF Pepe Real Madrid
DF Ricardo Costa Valencia
MF Joao Moutinho Monaco
MF Miguel Veloso Dynamo Kyiv
MF Raul Meireles Fenerbahce
MF Ruben Amorim Benfica
MF William Carvalho Sporting
FW Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid
FW Eder Braga
FW Helder Postiga Lazio
FW Hugo Almeida Besiktas
FW Nani Manchester United
FW Rafa Silva Braga
FW Silvestre Varela Porto
FW Vieirinha Wolfsburg

Rafa = in, Quaresma = out (Bento wanted no drama in the locker room)

*bolded projected starters

Would be mad if Nani was a starter - 22 league games in 2 years.

Abraxas

United will get Shaw alone out of these players. Why the fuck would Kroos go to a non-Champions League team, and play alongside Cleverly in midfield, when he can literally point at any club on the planet, and they would want him. Same goes for Fabregas.

Tanned-

Banned

hummels, reus, vidal would be aiming high. and those are the ones with "no"

fabgregas isnt the player united need right now

Peco

and Birsa?

Kaka should stay at least for another season. Playing once a week is not that bad for a 32 yo player.

Yeah we are going balls deep this summer no doubt.

I was thing in maybe one big name and go for some quality youngsters.

This is all dependant on how much you spend.

£200m slurged and finishing fourth can not be considered a success.

Yep that's a fair point.

Derp1na

Banned
United will get Shaw alone out of these players. Why the fuck would Kroos go to a non-Champions League team, and play alongside Cleverly in midfield, when he can literally point at any club on the planet, and they would want him. Same goes for Fabregas.

Because United are a bigger club than pretty much any other club on the planet. Speaking as a neutral Leyton Orient fan, why would anyone want to sign for Liverpool or Arsenal (for example, but the examples are numerous) over the mighty Manchester United simply because they've got the honour of being knocked out in the Champions League once again. Last season was just a mere blip in United's wondrous history. The glory days will be coming back under Van Gaal and the top talents in Europe know that.

dc89

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen 2m
Khaldoon promises 'a very pleasant surprise' when New York City signings announced. #mcfc

Strong stuff from Khaldoon including what could be interpreted as a pop at United's owners.

1/2 Khaldoon: "We have zero debt. We don't pay a penny to service any debt. For me that's a sustainable model."

2/2 "Our friends in Uefa seem to believe otherwise. They have their view, we have ours. I disagree with their views but we are pragmatic."

Khaldoon: "This year we will break even. We will go into profitability next year. We have a sustainable project."

---

Rio? Ashley? Yaya?

Damn fooking right m8.

LegoArmo

gmXjQ8d.gif

United will be back in the Champions League next year, for a young player, on a long contract, it's probably not the largest concern

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought of this in KFC like twenty five minutes ago and dismissed it because there was no Toure pun. Curse you, Arkon!

Good honigsten piece on Atletico, Barca, Arsenal, Bayern, Juve, Di Natale- http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/mondaymusings/id/1018?cc=5739

Juventus' 3-0 win over Cagliari mean they win the Serie A title, their third straight, with an incredible 102 points. That's a record for any team in any of Europe’s top five leagues.

It's easy to point to the lack of competition in Serie A, couple it with Juve's poor results in Europe and scoff at the achievement. Easy and perhaps unfair. Juve may have steamrollered the rest of the league in terms of results, but not in terms of scorelines. Fourteen of their 33 Serie A wins came in games decided by a single goal, which suggests that this team had to scrap and work more than some realize. As for the European shortcomings? Disappointing as they were it's also obvious Juventus were rarely, if ever, outplayed.

Surprised there's someone out there who knows what he's talking about

Because United are a bigger club than pretty much any other club on the planet. Speaking as a neutral Leyton Orient fan, why would anyone want to sign for Liverpool or Arsenal (for example, but the examples are numerous) over the mighty Manchester United simply because they've got the honour of being knocked out in the Champions League once again. Last season was just a mere blip in United's wondrous history. The glory days will be coming back under Van Gaal and the top talents in Europe know that.
mj-laughing.gif

LegoArmo

You guys haven't been paying attention to football over the past 10 years or so. If you throw enough money at something, success follows.

Chelsea, City, PSG, even shitty teams like Malaga and Anzhi for a season or two there had a bit of success.

Dark days.

wedward

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen 2m
Khaldoon promises 'a very pleasant surprise' when New York City signings announced. #mcfc

Strong stuff from Khaldoon including what could be interpreted as a pop at United's owners.

1/2 Khaldoon: "We have zero debt. We don't pay a penny to service any debt. For me that's a sustainable model."

2/2 "Our friends in Uefa seem to believe otherwise. They have their view, we have ours. I disagree with their views but we are pragmatic."

Khaldoon: "This year we will break even. We will go into profitability next year. We have a sustainable project."

---

Rio? Ashley? Yaya?

Damn fooking right m8.

Exploiting a country and its people is a sustainable model.

confuziz

Banned
You guys haven't been paying attention to football over the past 10 years or so. If you throw enough money at something, success follows.

Chelsea, City, PSG, even shitty teams like Malaga and Anzhi for a season or two there had a bit of success.

Dark days.

Vitesse didn't have any success =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom