• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I don't know who Brad Davis even is lol. An MLS lifer I presume?

Yep, been at Houston for ages. Only has 14 caps and is the same age as Donovan. It's a stunning decision. Bold is an understatement.

Hardcore fans are stunned but casual soccer fans are going to lose their shit, lol.

Meier

What are people expecting of the US team at this World Cup?

I mean, I'd always expect us to be Ghana but they keep beating us so who knows. I still think we'll take 3 off them. Our only hope to go through is Germany beats Portugal (and us obviously) and we draw with Portugal and get through via GD. Maybe if Cristiano gets hurt...

jtb

Banned
Portugal is very blunt, no one on that team is capable of scoring besides Ronaldo. park the bus, score a flukey goal, we'll pick up a point there.

Ghana will beat us because they always do.

Germany will put four past us.

Viva................you have a dark side.

I hope your wife knows

/FF

30itVBs.png

Yep, been at Houston for ages. Only has 14 caps and is the same age as Donovan. It's a stunning decision. Bold is an understatement.

Hardcore fans are stunned but casual soccer fans are going to lose their shit, lol.
Same age? Amazing. I guess Klinsmann was thinking that a dude like this Davis would be more suited to a bench role than Donovan would. Donovan being there and not playing could have provided unneeded distractions.

wedward

Jonathan Klinsmann @jonklinsmann · 2m
I doubt that he thinks Davis is better than Donavan, I think (OPINION) that he wanted someone who would give it their all.

Klinsmann's son.

Hixx

Mine is:

4-3-3 (false 9)

--------------- De Gea ----------

Armero, Richards, Reid (just for FF), Rafael

--- Kagawa - Wilshere - Ronaldinho ---

Walcott ---- Torres ---- Sterling

My PL team is 4-2-3-1:

Cech
Zabaleta - Koscielny - Kompany - Clichy
Fernandinho - Gerrard
Walcott - Oscar - Willian
Suarez

Built a La Liga team and the midfield is so slooooow I get knacked by counters

Courtois
Juanfran - Pepe - Pique - Alba
Busquets - Modric
Sanchez - Isco - Griezmann
Benzema

Benz basically carries it :(

GQman2121

Banned
That last gen footage Watch Dogs is brutal. Just bought my third PS4 (flipped the first two for profit) for $370. Should be here on Tuesday. Jump back into Resogun and then hopefully pickup the TLoU next month. Fingers crossed for GTA V announcement at e3.

Salvadora

I'd love to hear the philosophy behind Wenger changing Arsenal from having physically imposing players to what we have today.

Alan Davis was telling a story of running into Pat Rice recently at the Norwich away game and asking him that very question. His answer was "I dunno" :lol.

Blablurn

I'm definitely not regretting that PS4 purchase so far. Played some good games already. The controller is nice too. I enjoy playing games on my 50 inch tv. couldnt stand the feeling of playing in front of my laptop anymore. NBA is great. FIFA with you lads is awesome too. I have 14 on PC as well but those guys only play clubs :/

I still need Ground Zeroes.

I have FF XIV unopened here. But I'm waiting till I gave my bachelor thesis to my prof to start it haha.

Destiny looks nice. Might buy.

Never played The Last of Us. But won't buy it for full price.

I'd love to hear the philosophy behind Wenger changing Arsenal from having physically imposing players to what we have today.

Alan Davis was telling a story of running into Pat Rice recently at the Norwich away game and asking him that very question. His answer was "I dunno" :lol.
Brilliant answer :lol

I need to listen to this podcast.

wedward

Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom