• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

oh shit

seems like we can even display the stars during CL games

683535222-studien-JNCpZWQXsef.jpg

wedward

1 goal and 5 assists vs Donovan's 1 assist and a gut.

Donovan is shit now.

Stats lol.

KidA please. Don't act like you watch these players.

No one is saying Donovan is good. None of these players are good aside from Bradley who is totally average.

I know who I would rather have coming off the bench in the World Cup.

I finally jumped in on a Wii U. I love my PS4 as a console but it has been a £300 Fifa machine since launch.

I'll get some good time out of the U from 1st party alone.

And of course I have a good PC for everything else.

GQman2121

Banned
Is Donovan still with his wife? I know they separated but he was trying to get her back or some shit. She's literally the reason he never moved on from the MLS full time. He didn't want to leave LA while she was working. I think her CBS show finally got cancelled though.

Elchele

Is Donovan still with his wife? I know they separated but he was trying to get her back or some shit. She's literally the reason he never moved on from the MLS full time. He didn't want to leave LA while she was working. I think her CBS show finally got cancelled though.

I always thought Donovan was gay. I still do

wedward

Really?

I mean, sure, Tiki Taka has been huge over the last decade but like Ferguson said, he's been obsessed with buying small technical players. Just strange to contrast the two periods.

I don't think this is true though.

I think we have a pretty good balance. We are just missing a real midfield enforcer.

Podolski, Giroud, Mertersacker, Kos, Ramsey, Ox. I wouldn't consider these small technical players.

Arteta, Santi, Ozil are.

Stats lol.

KidA please. Don't act like you watch these players.

No one is saying Donovan is good. None of these players are good aside from Bradley who is totally average.

I know who I would rather have coming off the bench in the World Cup.

I would choose Donovan too, but you're acting like its Donovan in his prime. The guy is shit in the mls now. Just think about that.

wedward

I would choose Donovan too, but you're acting like its Donovan in his prime. The guy is shit in the mls now. Just think about that.

I am not acting like that at all. Read what I wrote.

I just said Brad Davis has been shit since he was born(true) and to take him over Landon is insane.

This whole team is shit. Who is denying that?

I am not acting like that at all. Read what I wrote.

I just said Brad Davis has been shit since he was born(true) and to take him over Landon is insane.

This whole team is shit. Who is denying that?

Klinsman chose Brad Davis based on form. Insane is an exaggeration. It's being made a big deal because of his reputation and not his actual ability.

dc89

I finally jumped in on a Wii U. I love my PS4 as a console but it has been a £300 Fifa machine since launch.

:')

It's a glorious occasion.

Really?

I mean, sure, Tiki Taka has been huge over the last decade but like Ferguson said, he's been obsessed with buying small technical players. Just strange to contrast the two periods.

Cant' remember where but read an article a while back which mentioned that Wenger thought football was moving increasingly towards non-contact which was behind his thinking.

Probably compromised a bit too much.

GQman2121

Banned
You can you play Wii games on the Wii U tablet? Like, can you play Galaxy games on the tablet--not that you would want too as the Wiimote is a large part of the experience.

Scum

Announce a release date for Bayonetta 2, Nintendo! 😯

YES WILLY! Mario Kart 8, innit.

Wtf, my PS4 just slowed to a crawl :/

Never seen that happen before :/
Blame your brother.

Salvadora

I don't think this is true though.

I think we have a pretty good balance. We are just missing a real midfield enforcer.

Podolski, Giroud, Mertersacker, Kos, Ramsey, Ox. I wouldn't consider these small technical players.

Arteta, Santi, Ozil are.
Was more referring to a couple of seasons ago than today and contrasting that with the earlier period in his career at Arsenal.

He's definitely become more flexible.

In ways I wouldn't have expected too, like tactically.
Cant' remember where but read an article a while back which mentioned that Wenger thought football was moving increasingly towards non-contact which was behind his thinking.

Probably compromised a bit too much.
I'd love to read that.

Just really interesting to think about how his Arsenal have evolved over the years.

K1LLER7

My PL team is 4-2-3-1:

Cech
Zabaleta - Koscielny - Kompany - Clichy
Fernandinho - Gerrard
Walcott - Oscar - Willian
Suarez

Built a La Liga team and the midfield is so slooooow I get knacked by counters

Courtois
Juanfran - Pepe - Pique - Alba
Busquets - Modric
Sanchez - Isco - Griezmann
Benzema

Benz basically carries it :(
Walcott is way too fast in this game lol.

Going to build a brazilian league team around Ronaldinho.

wedward

Was more referring to a couple of seasons ago than today and contrasting that with the earlier period in his career at Arsenal.

He's definitely become more flexible.

In ways I wouldn't have expected too, like tactically.

I think a big part of it is the game has changed in general. All the top teams are more technical and I think Wenger just prefers that style.

Tambini

You can you play Wii games on the Wii U tablet? Like, can you play Galaxy games on the tablet--not that you would want too as the Wiimote is a large part of the experience.

You can stream the wii game to the gamepad but the gamepad buttons don't work, you still gotta use a wii mote. I'm playing mario galaxy on my wii u pad in bed, works well.

Hixx

Walcott is way too fast in this game lol.

Going to build a brazilian league team around Ronaldinho.

Yeah but he's weak as piss and isn't a great dribbler so as long as the full back isn't slow as shit, he's not ridiculous like Reus, Blazckswoskyziskzi or Aubameyang.

Fuck I hate Bundesliga teams.

Salvadora

I think a big part of it is the game has changed in general. All the top teams are more technical and I think Wenger just prefers that style.
It has, of course, but I dunno.

Just think it's entirely possible to get some big bastards in and still play that general style :lol.

K1LLER7

Yeah but he's weak as piss and isn't a great dribbler so as long as the full back isn't slow as shit, he's not ridiculous like Reus, Blazckswoskyziskzi or Aubameyang.

Fuck I hate Bundesliga teams.
Lol no bundesliga players in my team.

Armero is amazing at fullback. Never had any trouble defensively against quick players since I got him in the team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli denied any interest in Paulo Henrique Ganso and threatened legal action against Sao Paulo for their “offensive and crazed ramblings.”

well that didn't take long. Rikkun was right :lol

GQman2121

Banned
Ganso was in that same conversation with Lucas and Neymar as the next class of Brazilians to make the jump to Europe. Didn't he have a number of knee issues though? How's he been over the last year?

Elchele

Ganso was in that same conversation with Lucas and Neymar as the next class of Brazilians to make the jump to Europe. Didn't he have a number of knee issues though? How's he been over the last year?

Ganso, Neymar, Lucas... all hugely hyped, and Firmino signed for peanuts is better than all of them.

I'm not actually that big of a MK fan. I have MK7 but I don't think I can drop £40 on MK8 right now.

With my gf switching jobs it means she's on a half wage this month. So gotta watch the pennies.

Why dc bby? I only have Pokemon Y for my 2DS which I've only just got and I'll probably get MK7 and others. For a Nintendo noob, what's better to play first, New Super Mario Bros 2 or 3D Land?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom