• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

completely forgot abot Zouma, didnt he get suspended for like 20 games?
It was only ten games and to be honest, I've seen a lot worse challenges. Many of which get three games suspensions at most.

He's highly rated though and has apparently had a very good season with Saint Etienne.

Manager

Luiz can barely get in Chelsea's first team when everyone is fit + they have Zouma to slot in as third choice center back next year.

This is a perfect deal for Chelsea.

That Chelsea youngster who is paid £20k/week, Christensen, was very good against City EDS too, another one who can be backup in defense.

Feorax

It's a huge middle finger to UEFA and nothing more.

I suspect UEFA and the FFP monkeys will generally turn a blind eye to most misdemeanors and breached of FFP, and will probably try to impose as few sanctions as possible.

When you take a piss on their kids like PSG are doing though, that's an entirely different story.

Manager

It's a huge middle finger to UEFA and nothing more.

And yet that asshole Platini always loves to put City in the same sentence. They always said they would look positively if you co-operate and move in a good trend. City has given them all information, invested in the right places, communicated, halfed their losses (and will go break-even this year) and yet he puts them in the same group as PSG in every interview.

Genuinely fucking livid about this Luiz deal. Gives Chelsea free reign to drastically improve at least 2 positions without even having to think about FFP, at the cost of a defender who isn't very good at defending. If they'll pay £50m for Luiz, put a fucking bow and £20m pricetag on Johnson, and mail him to Paris.

Timurid, your club is a fucking joke. Most ludicrous transfer I've ever heard of, and I'm including Andy Carroll.

Linius

zOIhcmD.jpg

We brought our own gardener to Portugal I see.

Yen

I suspect UEFA and the FFP monkeys will generally turn a blind eye to most misdemeanors and breached of FFP, and will probably try to impose as few sanctions as possible.

When you take a piss on their kids like PSG are doing though, that's an entirely different story.

Is it possible that UEFA will be a bit more lenient on a team with Qatari owners?

Genuinely fucking livid about this Luiz deal. Gives Chelsea free reign to drastically improve at least 2 positions without even having to think about FFP, at the cost of a defender who isn't very good at defending. If they'll pay £50m for Luiz, put a fucking bow and £20m pricetag on Johnson, and mail him to Paris.

Timurid, your club is a fucking joke. Most ludicrous transfer I've ever heard of, and I'm including Andy Carroll.

mou's gunning for the league title next season
and chelsea will win it

Lol PSG, ban them from CL please.

uefa are big babies

psg will be reduced to an 18 man squad before a ban is considered

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 8m
Chelsea in advanced talks with #PSG to sell Luiz for around €50m. Driven by FFP & Mourinho plans. Helps fund new signings #bbcsportsday #cfc

Ornstein has spoken. It happening Chelsea how serious cash now. They will be looking to spend at the same places Arsenal are trying too.

Manager

Chelsea in advanced talks with #PSG to sell Luiz for around €50m. Driven by FFP & Mourinho plans. Helps fund new signings #bbcsportsday #cfc

Ornstein has spoken. It happening Chelsea how serious cash now. They will be looking to spend at the same places Arsenal are trying too.

So now BBC says £40m and Sky £50m, Di Marzio £40m, Daily Mirror et all £50m. No one really knows do they?

Baki

Only striker position. Regardless, they would've beaten us to any player.

Fabregas is still ours.

mou's gunning for the league title next season
and chelsea will win it

uefa are big babies
psg will be reduced to an 18 man squad before a ban is considered

With Costa, £50m+ to play with, your defense, Mourinho and your record against the top 4, you'll have to fuck up not to win it.

Barzul

Only place they're looking at with us is striker. They need a LB, we don't, they also need some new midfielders. We really only need a DM. I think they might however try for Cesc.

dc89

Yep. PSG are the ultimate splurges.

And yet that asshole Platini always loves to put City in the same sentence. They always said they would look positively if you co-operate and move in a good trend. City has given them all information, invested in the right places, communicated, halfed their losses (and will go break-even this year) and yet he puts them in the same group as PSG in every interview.

He's a master JT. If you were to ask me, I bet the board at City are really pissed off with UEFA. Like, really pissed off. I don't think City saw this coming because they and UEFA always said they were happy with City's progress and the transparency etc.

--

Luiz reportedly having a medical in Brazil.

Carbonox

It truly is the most hysterical transfer in quite some time.

PSG is an embarrassment.

35m for Andy Carroll LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

wuv u

TimmmV

Yeah, gits

If they're feeling so generous, they may as well give us £25m for Kolo, I'd even throw Reina in with the deal if they want him

Walshy

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 1m
David Luiz undergoing medical with PSG. Conflicting claims regarding the fee (£40m? More?). Whatever it is, it's great business for Chelsea.

That's that then. Ridiculous amount of money.

Chelsea are going to buy some great players and massively upgrade the team, and still be in the black when they sell Luiz, Lukaku, Ba and Torres. It's like some bizarre karma for following FFP, but it ignores the fact that their team was already built with the money FFP was designed to prevent :(

Manager

Yep. PSG are the ultimate splurges.

He's a master JT. If you were to ask me, I bet the board at City are really pissed off with UEFA. Like, really pissed off. I don't think City saw this coming because they and UEFA always said they were happy with City's progress and the transparency etc.

--

Luiz reportedly having a medical in Brazil.

It seems like City were led to believe that it would be OK to crash the loss limit (€37m?) as long as you move in the right direction. You could tell the chairman was pissed in the video interview. Seems like City communicated everything and then Uefa simply decided they needed to make it matter. The punishments are tough and I bet some players are disappointed about next season's CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom