• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma’s Benatia:”We haven’t reached a deal on extension. The big offers make you reflect”

Roma center back Benatia gave an interview while attending a training session with Morocco’s national team, he talked about his future. This is what he had to say:”Despite the 3 defeats we are coming off a great season. Towards the end I felt tired, but it was a great season, and after this friendly with national team I’ll focus on vacationing. I’m happy at Roma. I have 4 years left on my deal. I spoke to their directors about an extension that won’t be completed since we aren’t all in agreement. I’m comfortable with the coach and the players, but I have reached age of 27 a time in which the offers from big clubs make you reflect- clubs like Barca, City, Bayern. These are clubs that would make any player on the planet dream. Right now I’m with the national team and my agent will handle meeting with the team, I believe I’ll know more soon”

Benatia wants a big club

pls understand

Elchele

What stupid things? Like have the best action sequence in the series? And the best villain? The funniest scene in the series? The hottest women in the series (because lets not pretend that all the shots of Lawrence and Jones in First Class weren't fetishism either, especially considering the director was banging jones the entire time)

X1 and X2 were incredibly cheesy and basically the norm about superheroes movies. Those uniforms, the plot, the Nightcrawler, the overall attitude of the x-men members, etc. I wouldn't re-watch a second of it. If anything X3 was a bit better, but still the classic superheroes movie.

First Class broke that stupidity and was pretty well acted (at least the important actors), they got a very nice retro style and art direction. overall they kept it as interesting as they could, without having to deep too down into the whole superheroes cliches.

LegoArmo

I can't say this gaming-side because I'd probably be banned, but I really think Watch Dogs looks like shit graphically compared to something like inFamous: Second Son, and like shit artistically compared to something like Grand Theft Auto V.

I really hope the gameplay is fun.

Hixx

Apparently we are looking at Martin Kelly to replace Bardsley. Looked ok on the rare occasion I've seen him play for Liverpool but isn't he injured an awful lot?

X1 and X2 were incredibly cheesy and basically the norm about superheroes movies. Those uniforms, the plot, the Nightcrawler, the overall attitude of the x-men members, etc. I wouldn't re-watch a second of it. If anything X3 was a bit better, but still the classic superheroes movie.

First Class broke that stupidity and was pretty well acted (at least the important actors), they got a very nice retro style and art direction. overall they kept it as interesting as they could, without having to deep too down into the whole superheroes cliches.

Fu

cking

He

ll

L1NETT

Have you ever tried, not being a mutant?

MUCH SUBTLY SINGER

Good X men Movies: X1/2, First Class

Decent: Wolverine

God fucking awful: The rest

X-2 is the best, followed by First Class

Wait, Jupp the things you didn't like about X2 were the costumes and their attitudes? Loooooool

dc89

BoUjqxLIUAAsYGt.jpg:large

Looks like Fernando will sign soon. "a matter of days" according to that paper.

Scum

Jupp, pls. I don't even..

I can't say this gaming-side because I'd probably be banned, but I really think Watch Dogs looks like shit graphically compared to something like inFamous: Second Son, and like shit artistically compared to something like Grand Theft Auto V.

It's like one of those 7 out of 10 games that's good fun but hyped up to high Heaven and back like the second coming of Jesus.

Wilbur

Banned
the plot was pretty stupid too. I just didn't like a single thing about the movie
the acting was terrible too

... please from memory tell me the plots of x2 and first class

And Jesus Christ hahaha... Stewart and McKellen awful? Lawrence better than Romijn? Bacon better than Cox (oo er)? January Jones good?

You're mad

"Leicester have signed teenage forward Jack Barmby from Manchester United on a two-year contract."

lol who?

The next Rooney

idk

King_Moc

Banned

That's because Second Son is pretty small, and you can't drive around at 100mph in it, so less of the area needs loading at any one time. Didn't seem like there was a lot going on AI wise in Second Son either.

I expect the PC version of Watch Dogs to look better, but there was always going to be sacrifices on the consoles.

LegoArmo

The first X-Men was my favourite, preferred the story.

That's because Second Son is pretty small, and you can't drive around at 100mph in it, so less of the area needs loading at any one time. Didn't seem like there was a lot going on AI wise in Second Son either.
I can fly around pretty damn fast in Second Son, not sure about 100mph, but probably close to it. Pretty high in the sky, too, looking over huge parts of the city with barely any pop-in, was impressive to me.

Feorax

Apparently we are looking at Martin Kelly to replace Bardsley. Looked ok on the rare occasion I've seen him play for Liverpool but isn't he injured an awful lot?

Yeah, his record is pretty poor, especially for someone his age.

From our point of view, it makes sense to loan him out if we're keeping Johnson until his contract expires. Needs to get some match experience, and gives us a chance to get someone in for when Glen inevitably shits the bed.

Wilbur

Banned

From our point of view, it makes sense to loan him out if we're keeping Johnson until his contract expires. Needs to get somematch experience, and gives us a chance to get someone in for when Glen inevitably shits the bed.

Thing is, considering Flanagan's performances, you might be alright just getting a left back/hoping Enrique comes back and plays well and just shifting White Cafu back to his natural position. Johnson doesn't deserve his wages, was fucking crap in comparison with everyone else in your first team.

Yen

Basically been injured for Rodgers' entire reign. Done his ACL twice in the past two years. Before that, he was probably better than Johnson. Would make decent CB cover.

Clegg

Konoplyanka an McCarthy, whilst downgrades of the players we've been linked with, would still be big improvements on the players we currently have. Don't think Everton will sell though.

Empty

What stupid things? Like have the best action sequence in the series? And the best villain? The funniest scene in the series? The hottest women in the series (because lets not pretend that all the shots of Lawrence and Jones in First Class weren't fetishism either, especially considering the director was banging jones the entire time)

first class is one of the leerist films i've seen in recent years. people complain about that star trek shot a lot but i'm pretty sure every woman in first class is shown in lingerie at some point and january jones just walks around in it constantly for no reason. i felt embarrassed watching it as someone over the age of thirteen.

Elchele

... please from memory tell me the plots of x2 and first class

And Jesus Christ hahaha... Stewart and McKellen awful? Lawrence better than Romijn? Bacon better than Cox (oo er)? January Jones good?

You're mad

they ruined Magneto with that stupid costume. The Magneto in First Class was great

x2 is when Magneto is in prison, the bad guy gets inside his head and they discover where the X-men mansion is and about Cerebro (is it Brain in english?). A kind of SWAT team attacks the mansion at night, captures a lot of mutants, some manage to scape, they go to Iceman's parents house. His brother calls the police, they have to run again, they finally manage to go to the place where they have Xavier captured in some underground place in a snowy zone. at the end Jean becomes Fenix and that's what I remember.

I skipped the Nightcrawler part because I found it to be the worst part about the whole film.

THIS

4729909728_Jennifer_Lawrence_Mystique_Wallpaper_HD_answer_2_xlarge.png

being better than Rebecca Romijn is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read by Jupp

I haven't said that

LegoArmo

Konoplyanka an McCarthy, whilst downgrades of the players we've been linked with, would still be big improvements on the players we currently have. Don't think Everton will sell though.

Annoys me overpaying for players Moyes could/should have bought last summer.

Hixx

From our point of view, it makes sense to loan him out if we're keeping Johnson until his contract expires. Needs to get some match experience, and gives us a chance to get someone in for when Glen inevitably shits the bed.

The story says Liverpool want to sell, we just want to loan.

Feorax

Thing is, considering Flanagan's performances, you might be alright just getting a left back/hoping Enrique comes back and plays well and just shifting White Cafu back to his natural position. Johnson doesn't deserve his wages, was fucking crap in comparison with everyone else in your first team.

I don't disagree on Johnson. At his best, he's the perfect fullback for our team. Unfortunately, we probably see that for less than 200 minutes all season. We can't afford to carry him when he doesn t feel like it.

Flanagan is developing very well, but he's still raw, especially going forward. Bit of a risk to have him as first choice for this season. That being said, he's a no brainer over Johnson

Fair enough if you liked First Class, someone had to.

I can't help but judge the kind of person you are though. Terrible taste? Haven't seen enough films? Missing vital brain cells?

Wilbur

Banned
Kelsey Grammar as beast was the only good thing about x men 3

I'm in the cinema now

I just did a shit and I tried to film it for will but I leaned forward too much and shit on the seat in the cinema

it's on tape

King_Moc

Banned
The first X-Men was my favourite, preferred the story.

I can fly around pretty damn fast in Second Son, not sure about 100mph, but probably close to it. Pretty high in the sky, too, looking over huge parts of the city with barely any pop-in, was impressive to me.

It's nowhere near that kind of speed, and it'll be using lower LOD models at distance as well.

Watch Dogs is likely being crippled with last gen tech as well, due to it being cross gen.

I thought that Delsins character model and the lighting were great in SS, but really didn't find much else in it impressive at all. Some of the destruction looks quite good, but it's only little bits you can damage. It just felt like a bit of a hangover from last gen, not surprising as they probably started it's year before they knew the specs.

Just bought this:

iyCerYUDzdOeY.png

72 euros. Couldn't really bring myself to buy any of the current Milan players: I already have a De Jong one, it's still uncertain if Rami will stay, same goes for El Shaa, Honda needs to step up his game before I buy his shirt. Maybe next year I'll get a De Sciglio one, too soon to buy one this year.

Nice mang. I'm buying a Seedorf kit for next season.

If they sack him, this will be the first year in a long time that I don't buy any shirt. If that happens I don't want to give any more money to Berlucunt.

Kelsey Grammar as beast was the only good thing about x men 3

I'm in the cinema now

I just did a shit and I tried to film it for will but I leaned forward too much and shit on the seat in the cinema

it's on tape

I'm about to do a massive hangover shit but I've run out of toilet paper so I'm not sure what I'm going to wipe with

Jarnet87

I didn't enjoy the original X-Men trilogy. They got a tiny bit better from film to film but not much. First Class was decent. I have a feeling that the new one is much more like the first three then First Class. Days of Future Past looks to me a lot more like the first three films instead of First Class.

Wilbur

Banned
Are City selling Javi Garcia? Yaya, Fernando, Fernandinho, Garcia is already a lotta options... and then they have Rodwell who they'll keep around because he's British

Marc

Welcome timmmv and good job WJD, do it for gaf! Plus yourself I guess, but mostly for us.

X-Men first class was the first one I actually liked, but has a lot of flaws. For memorable scenes it is full of them, nearly all of them with Magneto. The argentina scene, when he tries to stop the ship and sub with the anchor and going underwater. When he is a kid and his mum is shot. The scene with the satellite dish, amazing music. The invasion of the CIA base with teleporter raining men, hopefully someone did a clip of that scene with the song. That CIA chick in her underwear... mmmm. The beach scene. The coin through head. Actually there are loads, the fuck you on about wilbsy.

X-Men 2 opening scene was great and the mansion hitsquad, after that it went back to being the wolverine trilogy. Fuck that guy, lame character.

Really stopped caring about the new one with Bryan Singer attached, sucks at superhero films imo. Might see it though, not much competition this summer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom