• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Can we at least all agree that the first Wolverine movie was utter excrement and move to a different topic?

I don't know, the game was enjoyable.

I hate Xmen, I just watched First Class because of the different setting. Will look DOFP one of these days. Sorry.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Talk of MoPo signing a new contract with Southampton?

Levy you'd better have FDB on speed dial....

Had to laugh at Usho thinking Levy was waiting to see what happens with Ancelotti.

You can laugh but it's in the papers today. Why wouldn't he wait and see what happens? I already said the chances of Ancelotti coming are remote but until his future is confirmed Levy is keeping his options open.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wolverine will forever be a shit standalone character, because he's invincible. (yes, like Superman)

It's nice to have him around in a group though for some cool claws action

Barzul

Saw Days of Future past yesterday and it is the best X-men movie. Didn't think they'd manage to pull it off, but they did. The action scenes were pretty good. One thing that is getting a bit annoying is how Wolverine is always the central character in these movies, switch it up a bit.

A few things

- LOLnova, good for Jurgen.
- Inter apperently reached an agreement on Behrami, I like that player, excelent passing, can play in multiple positions in the field; very similar numbers to someone like Fernandinho.
- Regarding Ganso, Santos should have sold him years ago, he has been dissapointing at Sao Paulo; really bad performances both as a CM or Attacking mid.

Ser Goje

“Barca also hold a strong interest in Chelsea’s David Luiz and are willing to offer Alex Song as part of a player-plus-cash deal. But Jose Mourinho, the Chelsea manager, would be far more attracted to the prospect of a straight swap for Fabregas,” reports the Telegraph.

pls let PSG have him. They NEED to get banned from CL

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

We're going after Song? The fuck is he going to do? He's an ok player that will end up being fodder if United have ambitions to become a European force after next season. I would take him over the current midfielders, but he's not enough. Especially when you consider the amount of money being rumored for availability.

*I might change my mind if more players reject United.

Or if Ra's thinks his underwhelming Barca season can be used as a tool to display the powerful agents, theatricality and deception.

TimmmV

Thanks for the welcome guys!

About Kelly, Sunderland would be silly to end up paying money for him to be honest, he's a decent enough player but given his injury problems, there's no guarantee they'd ever see any return for it. Don't think he will make it at Liverpool now either so really we should do the decent thing and just let him go on a free if he can find another club

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BBC:

Tottenham are not planning to speak to any managers currently unemployed about their vacancy at White Hart Lane.

Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino has been strongly linked with the job along with Ajax coach Frank de Boer.

However, Tottenham's stance would appear to rule out the likes of David Moyes, who was sacked by Manchester United last month, as well as former Swansea boss Michael Laudrup who left the Liberty Stadium at the beginning of February.

Also why the fuck would we want Song? A shit player and inferior to all our current midfielders. Just agent talk. We need to thin out that area not add more donkeys.

Steven Goff
‏@SoccerInsider
Spain has chosen Catholic University for World Cup training in DC, June 3-7.
#cua

OMG OMG OMG OMG

I wonder if they'll open it to the public?

Barzul

I think Wenger should convert Jack into a straight up attacking Left or Right midfielder ala Koke. Think he could do very well in that sort of role. The Wilshere-Ramsey midfield partnership won't happen imo.

Slizz

Steven Goff
‏@SoccerInsider
Spain has chosen Catholic University for World Cup training in DC, June 3-7.
#cua

OMG OMG OMG OMG

I wonder if they'll open it to the public?

Anyone know where England will be training in Miami?

I wanna heckle Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard.

Jarnet87

Anyone know where England will be training in Miami?

I wanna heckle Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard.

Rooney and Lampard will likely be at one of our many self serve yogurt shops stuffing their fat faces.Gerrard will be on the slip and slides at The Rapids waterpark.

Walshy

Luiz can barely get in Chelsea's first team when everyone is fit + they have Zouma to slot in as third choice center back next year.

This is a perfect deal for Chelsea.

Manager

Are City selling Javi Garcia? Yaya, Fernando, Fernandinho, Garcia is already a lotta options... and then they have Rodwell who they'll keep around because he's British

It's a big question. Pellegrini wants 2 player per position, so that means either Garcia or Rodwell are out. Rodwell would make most sense to sell since he hasn't played for years, but he's needed as HG as you say.

However, they've said several times that they've already planned the transfer activities for this summer. Judging from last summer, like DC said, it's probable that City will buy very early. So I guess we'll know soon.

However, if both Sagna and Fernando are bought, at least one of these players will most probably be sold due to non-EU rule:
Pantilimon, Kolarov, Garcia, Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom