• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

DirtyMisguidedAmberpenshell.gif

Bring him back, Brendan.

Not really, I'm surprised that people like Mancini and Pellegrini manage to win EPL titles. I'm told it's a very competitive league and all. Team are expertly managed.

There's a commonality between those two. It's called having a team that has on average spent £95 million net on new players every season for the last five seasons.

faridmon

Final Impressions on Everton's Season

Considering the low expectation I had from the start, I would say it has been magnificent. Obviously there have been few hiccups here and there, but overall, we showed a great progress, which never existed under Moyes. Considering that this was the transition season for us, players such as Jagielka and Baines learning new ways of playing and emphasising on a very new style, the response have been fantastic. We coped with the new plan better than I ever anticipated including big wins over bigger teams such as Chelsea, Arsenal
and Man United
We also, broke the curse against Villa as they were the nightmare team to play against historically.

Obviously, our biggest achievement was doing the right thing in the window transfer market. Bringing McCarthy have been one of the best buys in a long time. He was absolutely rock solid through the year and absolutely dominated that midfield with his great awareness, knack for closing up, his high pressings and overall great enthusiasm. My player of the year! Not to mention the loan players such as Lukaku and Barry have done bang up job in getting the result for us. Felt like they were part of the team rather than players who were there to only get on bigger teams. McGeady, have shown glimpses of greatness here and there considering his fitness level.

Also, Players such as Coleman, Oviedo and Naismith have improved even further than I thought under the new system. Once being shut down by Moyes, have give them the extra motivation to prove their worth and congrats to them for winning the heart of the fans with great skills and great passion in order to succeed in every match. Also, How can I forget youngsters such as Barkley and Stones (and to certain degree Garbutt) they have don a phenomenal job in being a fine footballers and contributed to our season with fine goals great defending and overall lovely piece of skills and intellect. Distin have doe great job as well!

The downside to our season is losing against Sunderland, Liverpool and Arsenal! Those 3 losses were the ones that hurt the most. Especially since there was so much we at stakes in all those matches which brings me to the very point: That we still have to learn how to cope with pressure, that is my disappointment of the year. Previously we have also come close to something great only to bottle it up. However, this year, its even more disappointing that we had a clear aim and drive, yet, those mentality still prevailed considering that we demolished the idea of inferiority against the big teams and negative football. Hope we demolish that as well next season!

Overall, its been a magnificent season that have been hampered by the end run. Few have disappointed, and the ones who have been, were all injured!

Top 3 players:

1- James McCarthy
2- Seamus Coleman
3- Bryan Oviedo

Best Win of the season:

Everton 3 - 0 Arsenal

Worst Loss:

Liverpool 4 - 0 Everton

Most Exciting Match:

Everton 2 - 2 Liverpool

Most boring Match:

Sunderland 0 - 1 Everton

Top 3 goals of the season:

Barkley v Man City
Coleman v Swansea
Barkley v Newcastle

Zabojnik

A very willing Roma wasn't able to score, let alone win, against a Juve playing in slippers.

Roma ladrona, Juve padrona.

YEDDSSSSGdjfkkhhsfjdjdjdooerigcjxjsjj7€88€8€

rvy

Banned
There's a commonality between those two. It's called having a team that has on average spent £95 million net on new players every season for the last five seasons.

Well, thanks for proving that they are both extremely average managers and City bought their way into glory.

Then again, judging my how excited United fans in this thread were that Liverpool didn't win the league, you can tell how much of a non-factor City are in the big scheme of things. They're so far behind that United supporters won't give a shit about them winning titles for the next 10 years.

sheikh_mansur_1217178c.jpg

Elchele

from about.com

thanks. Tried with another egg I had from the same package and it stays down with an angle or whatever. FEELS GREAT TO BE ALIVE

We don't keep our eggs in the fridge. Just let them in the package and keep them that way. Usually they expire about two weeks after we bought them. Have to pay attention at the super mercado though, these fuckers mirror the products so the ones that expire first are in front. Always reach for the ones at the back :p

Yes, my mom told me that when I was a kid. I do it for almost all the products I buy at the super market, I always leave a mess :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom