• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned

he's pretending that the loss of valdes, alba and pique somehow hindered barcelona's ability to score

...yeah

which reminds me, Atletico and Real can blame the CL for their concentration loss/poor form. What's Barca's excuse? They've been out of the competition for like two months now lol

G-Unit

he's pretending that the loss of valdes, alba and pique somehow hindered barcelona's ability to score

...yeah

which reminds me, Atletico and Real can blame the CL for their concentration loss/poor form? What's Barca's excuse? They've been out of the competition for like two months now lol

world cup, what else

rvy

Banned
Throw both teams out due to a formality, give Bayern the title.

Fine by me. The worst crime Ribéry has committed is having sex with an underage prostitute. But Franck is incredibly hideous, so I don't consider it a crime.
He probably never had a chance in high school.

Bumzema on the other hand.

Suen

Who the fuck is Willy? Amazing saves from him.
He was just as amazing last season.

"if we had won our three recent games"

yeah lets not go down that rabbit hole, there's tons of "ifs" to go around this season

no one deserves the league imo, bunch of bottlers the lot
There's no excuse. Valencia was the only real challenge we had left and we should have smashed them and won even then since we were fielding some of our best players in Bernabeu. No fucking excuses plug.

rvy

Banned

There's no excuse. Valencia was the only real challenge we had left and we should have smashed home a victory even then since we were fielding some of our best players in Bernabeu. No fucking excuses plug.

Clearly Carlo did this with the consent of Florentino. It's pretty hilarious how obsessed he is with La Décima.

pulga

Banned

There's no excuse. Valencia was the only real challenge we had left and we should have smashed home a victory even then since we were fielding some of our best players in Bernabeu. No fucking excuses plug.

Valencia is inexcusable, but after that one you could tell they all gave up.

Having this debate is pointless if we take home the CL. It's all that matters.

cremino

Go Atletco... Don't know why any neutral can root Barca or Real over them... The last team to win la Liga outside Barca or Real was Valencia 10 years ago

New to gaf, happy to see there is a thread dedicated to the beautiful game. With that being said I'm a big time newcastle united supporter, and I couldn't be happier that this season is over. This team should be in Europe as they were sitting at 6th halfway through the campaign, but selling Yohan Cabaye without reinvesting at all proved disastrous. I think after 2 transfer windows without a signing there will be complete roster turnover coming soon

rvy

Banned
Go Atletco... Don't know why any neutral can root Barca or Real over them... The last team to win la Liga outside Barca or Real was Valencia 10 years ago

Sure you can, once you realize that their primary focus in life is Real losing.

Blablurn

Amazon UK Warehouse has PS4s for 370€ with Knack. I wonder. If it breaks can i send it back to Amazon Germany or must it be Amazon UK?

New to gaf, happy to see there is a thread dedicated to the beautiful game. With that being said I'm a big time newcastle united supporter, and I couldn't be happier that this season is over. This team should be in Europe as they were sitting at 6th halfway through the campaign, but selling Yohan Cabaye without reinvesting at all proved disastrous. I think after 2 transfer windows without a signing there will be complete roster turnover coming soon

MY MAN!

Welcome.

Turok_TTZ

satisfied. atletico will give their all on farsa and we will be more refreshed come the cl final.
not all according to plan but good enough.

Scum

Welcome.

Clegg

Alright lads. I won't be posting much for the next while.

Just learned that my aunt needs open heart surgery and she's getting it sometime in the next week. She has lupus which caused her to stroke about 12 years ago and her heart has gotten worse since then. I don't know the exact specifics but apparently one of the valves to her heart is badly damaged and blood flow compromised. None of our family told the kids (me and my cousins) because they didn't want us to worry. For the next few weeks we'll be taking turns to visit her so I won't be posting.

So congrats to the City posters, commiserations to the Pool posters (even that scoundrel Morsel) and Forza Atleti.

Feorax

would you take him back?

Cissokho? Fuck no. He's entertaining as fuck, but he can be entertaining in La Liga.

Fair play though, did well when he came on today.

As for Mascherano, I'd absolutely take him back at a decent price. Only thing is that I'd feel a bit unambitious if we went for him whilst there are players like Javi Martinez who could be available.

Also, hope everything goes well Clegg. I'll keep up the muppetry in your absence.

Suen

Valencia is inexcusable, but after that one you could tell they all gave up.

Having this debate is pointless if we take home the CL. It's all that matters.
I wouldn't have cared if we hadn't won CDR. We had the best chance of winning the treble and we screwed it up horribly. How can you just disregard like nothing you slob.

If we win CL we'll be happy, couple of days later we're gonna think "But hey....what if we would have won the four last games we had? How come our team, with the players we have at our disposal, couldn't win against weaker opponents? How could we screw up in such a crucial period in the league?"

How often do you have the chance of winning the treble? Not very often.

Walshy

Just learned that my aunt needs open heart surgery and she's getting it sometime in the next week. She has lupus which caused her to stroke about 12 years ago and her heart has gotten worse since then. I don't know the exact specifics but apparently one of the valves to her heart is badly damaged and blood flow compromised. None of our family told the kids (me and my cousins) because they didn't want us to worry. For the next few weeks we'll be taking turns to visit her so I won't be posting.

So congrats to the City posters, commiserations to the Pool posters (even that scoundrel Morsel) and Forza Atleti.
I hope everything is okay with your aunt.

arkon

Hope everything turns out well.

Hope everything will be alright!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

...yeah

which reminds me, Atletico and Real can blame the CL for their concentration loss/poor form. What's Barca's excuse? They've been out of the competition for like two months now lol

Tbf to Barca, they didn't expect their 120 million to flop like this. Seems like a valid excuse.

Feorax

@luis16suarez said:
Hello everyone. First of all I wanted to thank all the fans for supporting me this year, especially the RED FANS. We did everything we could until the last game but the important thing this year was that Liverpool came back in the Champions League!!! Me and my family want to thank you for living unique moments this year. The work done by my teammates and the entire staff of Liverpool has been incredible and I hope everyone enjoyed this year... Thanks again. YNWA!!!!!!!!

Well that's not going to spark rumours at all...

Razor554

in year 1966:
-Austria wins Eurovision
-Atletico Madrid wins La Liga
-Real Madrid wins European Cup
-England wins WC

it's all happening again isn't it

FootballFan

Been watching Breaking Bad again. So goood.

iWibmpIegepO5.gif

pulga

Banned
I wouldn't have cared if we hadn't won CDR. We had the best chance of winning the treble and we screwed it up horribly. How can you just disregard like nothing you slob.

If we win CL we'll be happy, couple of days later we're gonna think "But hey....what if we would have won the four last games we had? How come our team, with the players we have at our disposal, couldn't win against weaker opponents? How could we screw up in such a crucial period in the league?"

How often do you have the chance of winning the treble? Not very often.

couple of days later ill still be thinking were the 10 TIME EUROPEAN CUP CHAMPIONS you mandril

dont start getting uppity, cunt

I spend a bit of time trolling here, but it's all in fun. Best wishes to your Aunt and I hope it turns out great! My dad had one about 8 years ago and he's doing well.

Again best wishes to your Aunt.

FootballFan

That was then, no one cares about you know. You're a shit team and you don't deserve winning anything this season.

You'll win the league. Written in the stars.

Shit team that beat you twice this season :)

Already won something this season :p, Neymar won the super cup against Atletico all the way at the start of the season.

La Liga would make it a great season though.

rvy

Banned
Shit team that beat you twice this season :)

Already won something this season :p, Neymar won the super cup against Atletico all the way at the start of the season.

La Liga would make it a great season though.

You can't consider any season where you don't win the CL a great season. All these clubs spend far too much money to consider anything less than a CL great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom