• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Bo0_RHUIEAADWSj.jpg

Whole Lambert family loving social media tonight.

There's Katy Perry too.

Lots of Zooey Deschanels going about.

They're her personalities. Pep's wife is the housewife Zooey. Katy Perry is the party girl Zooey.

It all makes sense now.

Aon (the company I work for) bought out the rights to the training kits for the final year and the US tour sponsorship. We also now have stupidly bought the naming rights to Carrington + plus some other meaningless things.

The Aon Centre/Complex _______ something or other stupid. Waste of money.

"Aon Training Complex" according to wiki.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zooeys? I'll take them all <3
Kicker says Immobile transfer is almost done. Fucking finally.
OH BABY

Phant, bb, he's barely worth 500k. Every single goal he scored was in a fixed game. THANKS FOR THE MONEY!

So that's 10 from BVB and 4.5 from Torino last season? Not bad!

Salvadora

We should have been knocking Southampton's door down to get Schneiderlin.

Now we're gonna be left empty handed in a window where they sell half the team.

Herr K

Banned
I'll give my NNID to the fine lads over twitter or the whatsapp group. Also pls. You know.

And I'll add the lads on the spreadsheet.

WJD

Poor Southampton :(

Now let's get Shaw wrapped up so they have ample time to rebuild. Or at least that's how I'll try and morally justify that to myself.

---

LAST EVER EXAM TOMORROW

Scared. Excited. World Cup.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In all seriousness, Immobile is a brilliant striker and I'm really sad to lose him.

but he genuinely fucking hates us, so fuck him.

fuck you Immobile, you Zanetti-looking fuck face.

Walshy

This is what Rodgers said about Lambert earlier in the season:

&#8220;He&#8217;s probably never got the recognition for what a really good footballer he is. He is probably seen as a traditional big number nine, a typical British striker, but he&#8217;s one of the most accomplished footballers I&#8217;ve seen. Look at his touch and the different types of goals he scores; he is a terrific player.&#8221;

Bumhead

Banned
I know it's light hearted (and shit) but this England's Worst Ever Team thing is laughable.

We are taking worse players than Carlton Palmer and Des Walker to Brazil this summer.

Timurid

Ugh, I rather see him in Spain or England instead of wasting his talent in an one team league.

Then again, he'll probably leave in 2-3 years to a massive club like PSG.

TeddyBoy

So Liverpool look to be raiding Southampton and buying Moreno, Shaqiri and possibly Vorm. Part of Rodgers' project for Liverpool was to help shape the squad like Arsenal have, at present Arsenal can field two entirely different starting elevens to compete in the Premier and the Cup without sacrificing either competition. Should Liverpool get all their targets here is the Liverpool line up:

Main Team
Mignolet
Johnson Lovren* Sakho Moreno*
Henderson Can* Allen
Sterling Sturridge Suarez

Second Eleven
Vorm*
Flanagan Toure Agger Enrique
Lucas Gerrard Coutinho
Shaqiri* Lambert Lallana*

*Players Liverpool are heavily linked with.

Current Liverpool players who don't have a position in the team at present and are therefore likely to be either sold or put on loan:
Jones, Coates, Kelly, Skrtel, Alberto, Borini, Reina, Aspas, Assaidi, Ilori, Robinson, Wisdom.

Lambert is a clean, efficient number 9. Old school. Even if Liverpool squeeze one season out of him, it'll be worth it.

Ronaldo picked up a thigh injury btw.

Marc

/dead

It was a good ride.

My quote to my mate yesterday.

"If i get an England shirt, I'll get Lambert on the back at least he'll be with us when the WC starts"

image.php

God, feel for you, this is brutal to watch as a neutral.

At least it's not when they are too young to get any real profit. Imagine if you could of kept the likes of Bale, Ox, Walcott etc.. Could be challenging for top 4, hopefully keep your next batch this time.

Feorax

I love this new Liverpool approach of buying players early but I'd prefer us to sign defenders first and foremost, scoring goals wasn't our problem last year.

Scoring goals per se wasn't, but getting goals from the bench was pretty fucking difficult.

It was basically only one of Sterling or Coutinho that could do anything.

Walshy

Kicker reporting a bid has been put in for Shaqiri.

It's all kicking off today.
Mundo Deportivo are saying we are readying a bid of 25m for Alexis Sanchez.

A Bola are saying we want Markovic from Benfica and apparently 'lead' the race.

None of them will happen, but like you've said, it's all kicking off today
laugh.gif

Linius

MK8 is really tempting. But yeah, got to set priorities. Many gigs to buy tickets for and a PS4 come first.

But when Animal Crossing arrives at Wii U...

fuenf

footyGAF I need your help. I'm looking at this T-Shirt:

would you interpret the look it as a religious statement / gothic shit?

I just think it would be funny to wear it.

3Sixty

Interesting, especially considering the leak of the original bid didn't come from our end (at least through none of the journalists we normally brief).

If pool want him, he's yours and we wont stand in his way.

but wont be held to ransom either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom