• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Lambert do for Liverpool what Sheringham did for United? United spent £3.5 million on a 31 year old in 1997, adjusting for inflation there doesn't appear to be too much of a difference.

So Liverpool are buying both Lambert and Lallana and are paying an inflated fee for Lambert because it would be convenient for Southampton since there's a sell on clause with Llanana?

Walshy

So Liverpool are buying both Lambert and Lallana and are paying an inflated fee for Lambert because it would be convenient for Southampton since there's a sell on clause with Llanana?
Thats what people are saying, yes.

Similar to the Rodriguez + Moutinho deal which Monaco did with Porto.

Imagine the hilarity when Liverpool DON'T sign Lallana. It'd almost be too funny to be true.

This is where the 'Gentlemen's Club Agreement' comes into play. Must be fucking nerve-wracking working at the club, and hoping they don't renege on it after the first part is done.

Yen

Imagine the hilarity when Liverpool DON'T sign Lallana. It'd almost be too funny to be true.

Liverpool sign Lambert for £9m. Then Soton cancel the Lallana deal. Katharina Liebherr removes her hood - it's Nicola Cortese. "It was me, Ayre, it was me all along!"

Clegg

Shaw, Lambert and Lallana all leaving?

There's more only one man who can rebuild Southampton and restore stability.

3Sixty

Osvaldo is basically their only striker now loooolllll

Sam Gallagher pls.

Lambert is worth £9m of anyones money, just can't see him fitting in Liverpools team.

Would be buzzing for the lad though and simultaneously gutted and crying into my Rickie Lambert duvet cover.

Edit: There is no way £25m gets out 2 most influential players lololol dream fucking on.

Yen

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian
Rickie Lambert's a great story. Macc, Rochdale, Blackpool, beetroots etc . . now a World Cup and close to joining #LFC, his club

Jack ‏@Debaser92
Rickie Lambert used to work 39 hours a day earning 50p an hour working down a notoriously unsafe diamond mine - now he signs for Liverpool

@HuwgoBoss
Rickie Lambert's journey is an amazing one. 32 years ago he was a mere sperm, now he's set to sign for Liverpool. Remarkable stuff.

Meier

This is a pretty cool shirt for NYCFC.

10403749_283624328477697_1300467113049992167_o.jpg

Feel for Soton fans, especially if Lambert goes as well. Going to be a tough season ahead most likely, but they seem to have the talent and will certainly have a decent bit of cash to try and challenge for top 10 again.

WOOOODEN! Dat thumbnail image: http://www.sweetfunnycool.com/vid/t...e-an-un.html?utm_source=facebook#.U4eAx9I7uM4.

This is a pretty cool shirt for NYCFC.

Feel for Soton fans, especially if Lambert goes as well. Going to be a tough season ahead most likely, but they seem to have the talent and will certainly have a decent bit of cash to try and challenge for top 10 again.

It's worrying though that their big money signings seem to have been pretty poor: Osvaldo, Wanyama, Ramirez

Meier

It's worrying though that their big money signings seem to have been pretty poor: Osvaldo, Wanyama, Ramirez

I think Wanyama had an alright year. Not great, but showed flashes of his Celtic form at times. Gaston and Osvaldo have been underwhelming though. I think they'll get something out of Osvaldo because he's fairly proven, but Gaston hasn't really done much yet other than be a FM wonderkid. I guess his second/last year at Bologna was pretty decent.

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian
Rickie Lambert's a great story. Macc, Rochdale, Blackpool, beetroots etc . . now a World Cup and close to joining #LFC, his club

Jack ‏@Debaser92
Rickie Lambert used to work 39 hours a day earning 50p an hour working down a notoriously unsafe diamond mine - now he signs for Liverpool

@HuwgoBoss
Rickie Lambert's journey is an amazing one. 32 years ago he was a mere sperm, now he's set to sign for Liverpool. Remarkable stuff.

:lol

Liverpool preparing for Suarez's departure I see.

That'd be the worst transfer business since replacing Torres with Carroll. Or Bale with Lamela.

Meier

Liverpool's training gear seem alright. Hope they have adequate #SUPPLY.

Smart to get a different sponsor on your training stuff. Right before Mancini got fired, there were rumblings that we were actually going to get a different primary sponsor (I think I remember it being mentioned as some sort of US banking institution or something) but then that died down. It'd be good if we could squeeze a little extra cash out of a shirt sponsor. I actually think the Etihad deal is now looking a little undervalued considering how comprehensive it is.

3Sixty

Lamberts sister on twitter.

Melanie Lambert @melaniemlambert · 6m

I have no words to describe how am feelin at the minute. Absolutly over the moon ♥xx

:lol

KIll me.

Lol, we're going to play a preseason friendly against Millwall. Pretty random. Maybe we can make it a yearly tradition and call it the "Shitty Fans Derby"

If its true we are over paying on one player to short change another club by paying less of another, i'm actually disspointed in LFC for going along with that, I though our club had morals.

Lol, we're going to play a preseason friendly against Millwall. Pretty random. Maybe we can make it a yearly tradition and call it the "Shitty Fans Derby"

Guest appearances by Luis Suarez and Emre Belozoglu

@Shogun, give over. We were never the bastion of morality and doing things properly that RAWK desperately makes us out to be.

Smart to get a different sponsor on your training stuff. Right before Mancini got fired, there were rumblings that we were actually going to get a different primary sponsor (I think I remember it being mentioned as some sort of US banking institution or something) but then that died down. It'd be good if we could squeeze a little extra cash out of a shirt sponsor. I actually think the Etihad deal is now looking a little undervalued considering how comprehensive it is.

I remember Manchester were doing that for a while with DHL on the training kit but they might have changed it as I can't see any sponsor on this kit:

vOatLH2.jpg

Barzul

If its true we are over paying on one player to short change another club by paying less of another, i'm actually disspointed in LFC for going along with that, I though our club had morals.

Is there any article that outlines this is what is going on. Could Liverpool simply just be buying Rickie Lambert, as inexplicable as that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom