• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

I dont like the "we had more possession, so we basically won" idea of Barca. The most beautiful football is not necessary the most sucessfull. We had weeks where we used this possesion to score goals and were so confident that nobody could beat us, but then Pep went crazy and sacrificed pressure and counter pressing for possession only to avoid counters and rotate the hell out of the team. We are Bayern and we should never have reacted to Madrid or Dortmund in the first place. They should have reacted to us, but Pep did everything to play it in their favour. The lack of self confidence in the own system got us killed in CL.

GQman2121

Banned
I bought the MK bundle for £199, with the free game promotion it's a fantastic deal.

Game is fun as hell!

This bundle is going for £199 over there?

40fb8_mario-8-8.png

Shit, that's cheaper than what they're charging in the US.

Pachimari

My predictions for our squad this summer:

- Star (*) are players who are for sure staying.
- Bolded are players who will leave.
- Those with neither a star or being bolded, I'm unsure of.

01 - Iker Casillas*
02 - Raphael Varane*
03 - Pepe
04 - Sergio Ramos*
05 - Fabio Coentrao
06 - Sami Khedira*
07 - Cristiano Ronaldo*
08 -
09 - Karim Benzema*
10 -
11 - Gareth Bale*
12 - Marcelo
13 - Diego Lopez
14 - Xabi Alonso*
15 - Dani Carvajal*
16 - Casemiro
17 - Alvaro Arbeloa*
18 - Nacho Fernandez*
19 - Luka Modric*
20 - Jesé Rodriguez*
21 - Alvaro Morata
22 - Angel Dí María
23 - Isco*
24 - Asier Illarramendi
25 - Jesus Fernandez

I generally think it'll be a summer with few changes.

As Florentino Perez said we might see a Özil-like sale, I could be led to believe, that someone like Di María, Pepe or Marcelo could be on the way out but I sure hope not.

We'll bring in a striker, midfielder and backup goalkeeper.

Also, the Iker story have to be a fake. Just 2 days ago he told Cadena SER he's staying. And so has Perez said. As late as at the La Décima celebrations.

Messi

My predictions for our squad this summer:

- Star (*) are players who are for sure staying.
- Bolded are players who will leave.
- Those with neither a star or being bolded, I'm unsure of.

01 - Iker Casillas*
02 - Raphael Varane*
03 - Pepe
04 - Sergio Ramos*
05 - Fabio Coentrao
06 - Sami Khedira*
07 - Cristiano Ronaldo*
08 -
09 - Karim Benzema*
10 -
11 - Gareth Bale*
12 - Marcelo
13 - Diego Lopez
14 - Xabi Alonso*
15 - Dani Carvajal*
16 - Casemiro
17 - Alvaro Arbeloa*
18 - Nacho Fernandez*
19 - Luka Modric*
20 - Jesé Rodriguez*
21 - Alvaro Morata
22 - Angel Dí María
23 - Isco*
24 - Asier Illarramendi
25 - Jesus Fernandez

I generally think it'll be a summer with few changes.

As Florentino Perez said we might see a Özil-like sale, I could be led to believe, that someone like Di María, Pepe or Marcelo could be on the way out but I sure hope not.

We'll bring in a striker, midfielder and backup goalkeeper.

It's rediculous if Lopez gets sold to give Iker back his place. Lopez has don't nothing wrong.

Pachimari

If Madrid somehow end up selling DiMaria...oh man. Any other club, and I'd be sure he'd stay after the last season.

Hell, he was just as good the season before, and the board still wanted to sell him.
He were good last season, but exceptional this season. And thus his price rises and could finance a big signing like Pogba, Vidal or Suarez - which would be a Özil-like sale Perez is talking about.

It's rediculous if Lopez gets sold to give Iker back his place. Lopez has don't nothing wrong.

He have had his blunders and generally had a better season last year. He have also made mistakes which led to goals. Iker didn't get passed until the finals of CdR, and together with the team led us to La Décima.

D. Lopez is a very good goalkeeper, and is giving healthy competition to Iker, and the other way around. Love them both for the team. :)

Messi

I keep forgetting that LFC have a similar GK decision to make with Reina.

Yeah, I think that's my sweet spot too.

Reina is done with Liverpool, he is actively looking for a new club. Was willing to become Barcas #2 before Barca started moving heavily towards Claudio Bravo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
22 - Angel Dí María

Who else is interested in Di Maria? I know for a fact that we won't pay up for him, so you might as well put a * next to his name :lol

and on top of that, he's leaving because he was promised a pay raise? He earns 4 million with Madrid, which is very close to our stupid salary cap anyway.

Get one million more and join Juve or stay with the champions of Europe for a year to two? Seems like an easy choice to make.

Pachimari

Who else is interested in Di Maria? I know for a fact that we won't pay up for him so might as well put a * next to his name :lol

and on top of that, he's leaving because he was promised a pay raise? He earns 4 million with Madrid, which is very close to our stupid salary cap anyway.

Get one million more and join Juve or stay with the champions of Europe for a year to two? Seems like an easy choice to make.

All I know is, that he said in his interview yesterday, that he won't guarantee that he stays, as he have many suitors, some of which will pay him just as much as we do in Madrid.

I know the club wants him to stay, and Perez specifically wants him to stay for many years, but who knows what can happen when he at the same time talks about an Özil-type sale can happen.

He was promised a payrise if he did well when he first came here, which he have already gotten. There haven't been anymore promises.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
All I know is, that he said in his interview yesterday, that he won't guarantee that he stays, as he have many suitors, some of which will pay him just as much as we do in Madrid.

I know the club wants him to stay, and Perez specifically wants him to stay for many years, but who knows what can happen when he at the same time talks about a Özil-type sale can happen.

If Perez wants him to stay then he's certainly not going to leave innit ;p

Pachimari

If Perez wants him to stay then he's certainly not going to leave innit ;p

If the player feels he isn't appreciated enough or that he won't put up with the criticism he have received from the Bernabéu crowd for a while (which stopped halfway through this season), I could see him leave. And who knows if Di María will ask for another payrise which Perez don't want to meet.

Personally I hope and think he will stay. But I were surprised by the Özil sale last summer.

I'm reading his interview again, and he also says he's happy in Real Madrid and that it is up to his representatives and the club but also states it's not always up to the player. So I feel more calm now, I'm also sure Ancelotti rates him very highly. And now Marca says we'll extend his contract.

But silly season and all that.

Carbonox

As much as it's fun to slag off the Wii U and it will forever remain fun to do so, I'm getting to a point now where I can very easily justify the purchase of the console. Lot of games for it now I'd be willing to play. Plus Bayonetta 2 will forever be the numero uno reason for me.

Will wait for it to go down more though.

Hixx

West Ham have offered Jack Colback 50k a week for 4 years.

They've offered JACK COLBACK a £10,000,000 CONTRACT LOOOOOOOOOOL

Bye Jack.

Scum

Willi. NNID. NAO.

As much as it's fun to slag off the Wii U and it will forever remain fun to do so, I'm getting to a point now where I can very easily justify the purchase of the console. Lot of games for it now I'd be willing to play. Plus Bayonetta 2 will forever be the numero uno reason for me.

Will wait for it to go down more though.

YES CARBO. Bayonetta 2 will be glorious. Here's hoping Nintendo announce a release date.

GQman2121

Banned
So I'm watching Real Sports on HBO and they're profiling this new stadium in Manaus, Brazil where England are going to play Italy. This thing is in the middle of the fucking Amazon, surrounded by fuck all and cost $250 million to build.

It's going to host four games total and....and...that's it. Four games. $250 million.

FIFA collects all the money (every cent) from the TV ad revenue and the tickets sold.

There are no local teams, so the place is kind of just going to sit there once the WC is over. They claim they have concerts planned, but come on, the thing cost a quarter of a billion. It's such a massive waste of money. It's kind of sicking.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But what if it's Manchester City? PSG or Chelsea? :p

They got the monnieeez. :( They will make Perez see dollars. :(

the first two are crippled by FFP, and City don't really need him after getting Navas last season.

and he wasn't exactly Mou's favourite player back in Madrid ;) he criticised the shit out of him, right?

pappe

Who else is interested in Di Maria? I know for a fact that we won't pay up for him, so you might as well put a * next to his name :lol

If he is offered to other teams then i believe he will have many clubs after his signature. Mou always liked him, seems like he is LVG type of player, City will be in for any1 other big clubs are after, ozil might convince Arsene to go after him or he could end up at Tottenham.

pulga

Banned
Just came home from library and bought Mario Kart 8 on the way. Now the question, to play now or later.

Dont forget to add you NNID to the FootyGAF spreadsheet! Bad move not going digital though, dat free game!

Edit: Fucking hell, who edited FFs NNID? lolololol swear it wasnt me, pls guys behave or ill have to lock the thing

fuck i though Honduras - Turkey was today.

ah well smashed them 0 - 2.

Pls we played with most of the subs moonface.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom