• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

PROJECT BEAST!

it's VERY CLEARLY a spiritual successor to the Souls series. The fog gate, the backstep hop to dodge attacks, the mountains and castles in the distance, the atmosphere...OH YES

pablo-osvaldo.gif

the show is over

tumblr_n6csd6jUeI1s8z5rho1_500.gif

innit. I must admit though, I find the ball-washing shtick amusing.

Looks amazing, doesn't it? I'm ready for a little different flavor, with the shotguns and such. Though I'd be on board x1000 with another medieval fantasy thing, bringing in a new element will be awesome. Plus Studio Japan are great devs, I'm sure it'll be the most polished Souls game yet.

Zabojnik

HEY GUISE BEAST SOULS LEAKED WEBMBMBMMW?W?"#)U205uz34zu234

YUS!

Really hope it's a return to From form after the somewhat disappointing DS2. Hopefully it brings something new and fresh to the DS-formula as well. I'm liking that shotgun. A lot.

Pachimari

Mourinho had a "war" with Iker, so he brought in Lopez who went on to have a wonderful season and he were better than Iker last season.

Carlo comes in and don't want to disrupt anything, while Lopez have deserved his spot based on last seasons performances.

He straight away made the decision to make Lopez the Liga BBVA goalkeeper so there would be no confusion or rumors.

Lopez have since gone on to drop in form compared to last season and Iker have been very solid throughout the season. As one example he had a clean sheet in CdR up until the final.

D. Lopez is not the better goalkeeper.

Jack cw

I think the game will be fine. It's just the media that badmouths it.
If it turns out like Watch Dogs, then I'm fine. GAFs fucking opinion to make that game bad killed any hope I had for gaming side. Turned out to be one of the best open world games.
Dortmund and Juve GAF have been disussing this for a while now.
I just saw the news because real life stopped me from the internet the last couple of days.
Bayern's lawyers already looking into his release clause, or trying to get him to wind his contract down :p
I'm sure Roma's boss took care of this.

Jack cw

This discussion has taken place for weeks.

Dortmund GAF and Juve GAF are important. Every character they type is important.

Haha, I noticed the interest of Dortmund in Immobile a week ago or something and I agree only partially. Juve GAF might be important but Dortmund GAF needs better supporters besides Milch.

Zabojnik

So don't play on ez mode <3

Problem is, I'm not a NG+ guy. At all. I'll explore every fucking corner of the world on the first playthrough, max whatever there is to max, but once I've experienced the story (that's right, I play games for stories, fuck everybody) and seen the world ... that's it for me. I think I can count on one hand the games I finished more than once. And even then it was something I replayed years after first finishing it, like Half-Life 2.

Same with Dark Souls. I went with a str/dex build in DS1, so it only seemed natural to try int/fth in DS2 (also, Yurt and his hexing obsession <3). Which means that in DS3 I'll probably go with melee/pyro. :p Balancing is a real issue in Dark Souls. At times I *almost* wished the game had level scaling. And I fucking loathe scaling.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dortmund GAF and Juve GAF are important. Every character they type is important.
giphy.gif

Hopefully it brings something new and fresh to the DS-formula as well. I'm liking that shotgun. A lot.
Looks amazing, doesn't it? I'm ready for a little different flavor, with the shotguns and such. Though I'd be on board x1000 with another medieval fantasy thing, bringing in a new element will be awesome. Plus Studio Japan are great devs, I'm sure it'll be the most polished Souls game yet.
It really does!

More of the same is not a bad thing when it comes to DS, but I don't want them to turn the series into Assassin's Creed ffs. Introducing (drastically?) new ideas is always good!

GorillaJu

Problem is, I'm not a NG+ guy. At all. I'll explore every fucking corner of the world on the first playthrough, max whatever there is to max, but once I've experienced the story (that's right, I play games for stories, fuck everybody) and seen the world ... that's it for me. I think I can count on one hand the games I finished more than once. And even then it was something I replayed years after first finishing it, like Half-Life 2.

Same with Dark Souls. I went with a str/dex build in DS1, so it only seemed natural to try int/fth in DS2 (also, Yurt and his hexing obsession <3). Which means that in DS3 I'll probably go with melee/pyro. :p Balancing is a real issue in Dark Souls. At times I *almost* wished the game had level scaling. And I fucking loathe scaling.

Dark Souls has an organic difficulty. You can challenge yourself by going with stronger builds or pick the weaker ones and master the game.

I could play thru DS2 another two or three times (3 so far) and not get bored peesonally

Blablurn

If it turns out like Watch Dogs, then I'm fine. GAFs fucking opinion to make that game bad killed any hope I had for gaming side. Turned out to be one of the best open world games.

I just saw the news because real life stopped me from the internet the last couple of days.

I'm sure Roma's boss took care of this.

when it comes to the evil within im sure the american media that wants to downplay the art of japanese game development again /controversial opinion

GQman2121

Banned
Evil Within has my attention. They can take their time with it, as I'm not dying to play it. Looks like it's going to be a draining experience.

I want Mirrors Edge gameplay and Batman from e3. And I'll gladly take any surprises. That's about it though. I expect some Indies to have something interesting and a release date for The Witness.

Jack cw

when it comes to the evil within im sure the american media that wants to downplay the art of japanese game development again /controversial opinion

I dont know. This is published by Bethesda and even runs on id5 engine, so the structure is very western. It might be because its cross gen or/and that its so heavily scripted and rough technically but I'm still not convinced. The artstyle is very generic and the main protagonist has nothing that's special. If it has a stoy and twist like cabin in the woods I'm fine, but right now the impression I have is a darker Deadly Premonition :/

GQman2121

Banned

I think you're paying attention to the wrong American "media" personalities. Who really gives a shit what people think?

GQman2121

Banned
Seriously, I'm at the point where I know what I want. I can follow a game with zero input from these hacks who get paid to cover games and make a reasonably decent guess if something is worth Day One money.

I think I only got burnt twice all of last gen with games that I think are absolute shit. Original Assassins Creed and LA Noire. That's it.

I played more than a few bad games over that same period but the loss was always $20 or less. I'll give almost anything that looks half decent a chance if it's priced right.

I have a stack of games in my backlog that I know I'm going to enjoy (Deus Ex, Infinite, Puppeteer) and a few I'm unsure about (Dishonored, Fry Cry 3, Spec Ops, AC: Rev & AC3). None of these games cost me more than $15, so if they're as bland as New Tomb Raider, no big deal. I'll check it off and make a mental note about what drew me to the game in the first place.

GorillaJu

the unexpected IS player-vs-player

ds.jpg

I invaded and killed a few poor kids in Huntsman's Copse. It's fun being an asshole. Got my character looking exactly like Old King Allant. Doing a bit of cosplay with the Bone King Crown, just need that Throne Watcher armor to complete the look. Melee/Pyro build

The White Ring is extremely useful by the way. Twice someone invaded me in Belfry Luna and they ran away thinking I was a co-op partner, not the world owner. Killed those little rat cunts with my trusty Channeler's Trident. Need to infuse poison on this thing for maximum trollage.

Yen

England play tonight? Is it on itv?

Should I play Dark Souls 1 or jump straight in with DS2?
I'm going to start Sleepy Dogs when my exams end next week.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Reflecting on last year’s transfer rumours, Di Maria told Marca: “It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham."

iNsDcwfgGh7vI_zpsbe414d7c.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I invaded and killed a few poor kids in Huntsman's Copse. It's fun being an asshole. Got my character looking exactly like Old King Allant. Doing a bit of cosplay with the Bone King Crown, just need that Throne Watcher armor to complete the look. Melee/Pyro build

The White Ring is extremely useful by the way. Twice someone invaded me in Belfry Luna and they ran away thinking I was a co-op partner, not the world owner. Killed those little rat cunts with my trusty Channeler's Trident. Need to infuse poison on this thing for maximum trollage.
that's so incredibly evil
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

yeah the White Ring is brilliant! But I'm almost always using Gower's Ring of Protection, resistance rings, Clear Blue Stone +2 and Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +2 (brilliant for the AoE Hex spells)

Hmmm you know what, we're going to lunch in an hour or two...that's plenty of time to PVP :pp

pulga

Banned
Eibar Celebrate Promotion with Confetti Barcelona Would Have Used for Liga Win

hi-res-ad5928478c937805b15678ecb630da93_crop_north.jpg

Eibar are set to play in La Liga for the first time in their history next year after securing one of the two automatic promotion places at the weekend.

It's a huge moment, but the small club have to be frugal—so they hit upon a genius idea to celebrate.

According to Spanish newspaper ABC (quoted in Marca), they have bought the confetti from Barcelona.

The Catalan giants had some confetti ready for their own celebrations; going into the final game of the La Liga season, they knew victory over Atletico Madrid would seal the title. But Atletico grabbed a draw, and with it the title, and the confetti went unused.

#MesQueUnLOL

GorillaJu

Happy with Lambert. As far as backup strikers go he's a really good option. Good footballer and clinical finisher.

Makes me happy for him as a player, too, the way it rounds out his career, having started at Liverpool's academy before being cast out and slowly climbing his way to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom