• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 years ago today.
City v Gillingham.
Never forget.

giphy.gif

darknil

Now I'm seeing random claims that David Ospina (Colombia's GK) is in talks with Arsenal. Pretty much false but makes me wonder why that keeper is not in a better club.

Salazar

"Sergio would be delighted to join Barca but Man City makes it impossible".

Why do all these players want to leave this massive club?

Dark Crystal looking motherfucker in charge isn't the "charming Chilean" he's made out to be

Mundo Deportivo must be a properly goddamn hallucinatory experience if you read it in full, regularly - rather than just getting occasionally splattered with tweets from it.

nota bene: Carlos Vela does not want to come back to Arsenal.

Carbonox

I hope next season West Ham, QPR and Burnley go down. Fuck 'em. It would be nice to see Stoke go down also but let's face it that ain't happening anytime soon.

Slizz

Lol there is gonna be a WC kickoff party this weekend sponsored by my local sports radio station. I think I might enjoy the entertainment they will have, being as its models getting flags body painted on to their bodies to represent each nation in the WC.

Lol there is gonna be a WC kickoff party this weekend sponsored by my local sports radio station. I think I might enjoy the entertainment they will have, being as its models getting flags body painted on to their bodies to represent each nation in the WC.

God bless you 'Murica

sounds like the greatest thing ever

Project Beast footage & Arsene da god re-signing. What a day.

Now I'm seeing random claims that David Ospina (Colombia's GK) is in talks with Arsenal. Pretty much false but makes me wonder why that keeper is not in a better club.

He's short, but he's also free and from the French league, so it could be true.

Who are the sources?

nota bene: Carlos Vela does not want to come back to Arsenal.

He was singing a different tune just recently. Probably got word that we don't want him back. Wenger was reportedly unhappy with how he left (hired Jorge Mendes) which might play into things.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...vela-admits-he-is-open-to-a-return-to-arsenal

Vela's a great player, better than Griezmann who everyone is going nuts for. Wouldn't be upset with him at all, but he lacks the fire his teammate, Pedro, and Alexis have, which make them higher priorities for me.

Meier

Interviewer: "Did you see yourself leaving Madrid at any moment?"

Di Maria: "They (media) say a lot of things and sometimes think too much about them and it hurts when you are giving your all for the club. Things come out like ‘he’s going to Tottenham’, or ‘he’s staying’. These are difficult times for a player. It’s difficult to detach yourself (from the speculation). I was calm as I knew I wanted to continue with Madrid."

Actual quotes, apparently.

Pls stop hurting tottingham
It was obvious that the quote wasn't accurate from the start. Kudos to bud for pointing this out. It was pretty damn funny how someone shaped it though.

no players, no manager, no kit. Southampton are basically an agricultural company at this point because all we've got is a nice pitch (unless Liverpool bought that overnight)
This is brilliant. Well played.

Joey Cole put of contract already?
Cole's reps reached out to Orlando City according to the Orlando Sentinel. I don't think we'll be interested but ya never know. Think MLS will be his next destination either way.

Spartak have hired Murat Yakin. I give him 6 months.
Poor Soton. I would have bet money on him to take over there given the Swiss connection.

"Sergio would be delighted to join Barca but Man City makes it impossible".

Why do all these players want to leave this massive club?
Sounds like typical tapping up from the Spanish press. They can fuck off.

LTWheels

I'm so tempted to get it.

The free game promotion made me buy it. Got W101.

I probably wouldn't have purchased Mario Kart straight away if it wasn't for the promotion.

The only problem is that I have a basic Wii U. Need to figure out about adding a harddrive for W101.

King_Moc

Banned
Cole is fucking awful, and has been for a good 5 years now.

Yeah, he was utter bollocks at Liverpool.

I probably wouldn't have purchased Mario Kart straight away if it wasn't for the promotion.

The only problem is that I have a basic Wii U. Need to figure out about adding a harddrive for W101.

Any external hard drive should work, but you'll probably need a USB 'y' cable to go with it as the Wii U USB ports don't output enough power to properly run most hard drives.

pulga

Banned
HNNNGGG Mario Kart 8 25% complete!

Windu Waku in the download queu

These are the days I'm so happy to have this retarded console ;_;

Went to put a tenner on Brazil to win the World Cup, before seeing they're only 3/1. That seems way too low imo. Spain are 6/1 too, which seems way too high. England and Italy are both at 25/1, while fucking France are at 20/1

Tc91

Pretty awesome promotion, might pick it up digitally later and grab Wind Waker HD as the free game.

I've got the basic console as well, no idea on how much space I've got left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom