• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noal

Banned
I dunno. Certainly in the racing, yeah, but battle mode you still need to be able to maneuver well. The move to 3D means you have to pay attention to your opponents position vertically. That's why block fort works so well. Having the triple red shells might have thrown it off (so it's probably wise they left it out), but triple green shells aren't so bad. It's not really that different to SMK in that regard. Strictly talking about the battle mode though

Oh I definitely got some enjoyment out of the battle mode. It certainly changed the strategies you could use and made in deeper and probably gave it a lot more longevity than the original.

I think it was the handling I didn't like the most; felt very loose to me and the wide open tracks were the exact opposite of the original MK's very tight circuits.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference in the end.

Maddox

Id like to fuck Johnson off and play a more defensive full back instead of him, with him and Baines on the pitch at the same time it's forcing the midfield to sit a bit deeper and i cant cope with Henderson sitting that deep.

Didn't Woy say they haven't done any tactical work yet just physical prep.

We haven't even started yet and were winning games easily.

ENGLAND!

Scum

-------- Sturridge --------
Sterling ---------- Lallana

- Wilshere ------ Henderson -
--------- Gerrard ---------

i think she is 15

wPW77Ck.gif

arkon

Oh I definitely got some enjoyment out of the battle mode. It certainly changed the strategies you could use and made in deeper and probably gave it a lot more longevity than the original.

I think it was the handling I didn't like the most; felt very loose to me and the wide open tracks were the exact opposite of the original MK's very tight circuits.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference in the end.

Agree with you there. Handling felt totally different. I got so used to it though with the hours we put in that I can't really get my head round the handling in the more recent iterations. I guess I'm the same as you except MK64 stuck with me rather than SMK.

Randdalf

I forgot how much I hate English commentators. The Italy -England match will be unbearable. I vote Paul Visca to do the Italy games.

To be fair, it's not so bad on the BBC. There are a lot of people that can't stand Lawrenson but he's far more tolerable than Andy Townsend.

Meier

Vicente Del Bosque has left it til the 11th hour before naming his final 23 World Cup squad, having decided to sweat it out for the injured Diego Costa.

Del Bosque will finally announce his final 23 tomorrow, and one very big player is set to be the fall guy, according to Spanish radio Onda Cero (a Talksport equivalent, for a rough idea). Onda Cero’s sources tell them that Jesus Navas is set to make the final cut, at the expense of Juan Mata.
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/m...d-cup-squad-for-citys-jesus-navas-onda-cero/?

noal

Banned
Agree with you there. Handling felt totally different. I got so used to it though with the hours we put in that I can't really get my head round the handling in the more recent iterations. I guess I'm the same as you except MK64 stuck with me rather than SMK.

Totally. I suppose the first Mario Kart you fell in love with is the benchmark you always use afterwards. My favourite after the SNES version is actually the GBA one.

Edit: Dean baby, I don't get it till tomorrow. I'll have to join the fun then.

Meier

This is the first time I've ever heard Ariana Grande sing. I saw a clip of her on TV the other day in her Sam and Cat or whatever it's called and it was the worst thing I've ever seen. Her voice was absolutely ridiculous ("HOT RAGS!") and now hearing her sing, I think it might have been her actual voice and not just some bizarre accent she's affecting.

The Spanish based journos were reporting that a week back. Don't think Mata is a key part of their squad at all so was always a long shot after this season.

Good news for us!

Yeah thinking the same. Will be fit, fresh and probably pretty determined to bash fatty out of the first 11.
I'd be gutted for him if he was going to be playing and then missed out. But since I'm hoping Spain crash out early anyway, boohoo.

Just need Holland to go out in the groups too. That'll be ace.

Meier

Ronaldo could miss the World Cup due to inflammation of his patellar tendon.

It+s+HAPPENING.+100+shure+from+pol_47a934_4838945.gif

There's of course no way he'll miss it (too much riding on it for his image), but boy that'd make things interesting for our group stage progression chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom