• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremino

Bari stadium...in serie B
10402577_796987120335420_3164762989864906008_n.jpg

Bari beat Novara 4-1 and qualified for the playoffs

Zabojnik

It really would be. Has there ever been anything more depressing than reading the
Casca rape part
in Berserk? The TV version was so neutered in comparison. Fucking Griffith.

Did you watch the movies? 'Cause it's not neutered there, I can tell you that.

Mastadon

Banned
I can't be the only one that thinks Lallana is a 10-15 million player, can I?

I think £15-18m would be about the 'right' price for him, but the new TV money will inflate prices, and Soton are under no pressure to sell. I'd be happy with him for £25m, but really don't think we should be going above that.

Elsk was right all along. Players in England are way overpriced. No way should Lallana cost twice as much as say, Konoplyanka when he's not even as good a player.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
What with being much older and not having won anything significant and being a historic liability to his team.

that's not how it works anymore. He's hot right now and has a huge contract so if someone wanted him right now they'd pay top dollar. Give it a couple of years though and he'll probably be playing MLS.

that's not how it works anymore. He's hot right now and has a huge contract. Give it a couple of years though and he'll probably be playing MLS.

Yup. One good year and you're the most expensive player ever because of course one must extrapolate that he will improve if not double that form next year.

GorillaJu

Transfer fees are just compensation for breaking a contract early. Suarez's contract is worth a lot of money to Liverpool. We might sell him to Real, but it'll be crazy money.

King_Moc

Banned
I can't play MK8 till Monday night as I'm in Barcelona, but add me anyway plz. King_Moc is the user Id.

I also got Fifa 14 the other day, so add me on PS4 if anyone is up for some of that. I'm fucking horrible at it though.

I can't be the only one that thinks Lallana is a 10-15 million player, can I?

He's an attacking midfielder that only has 2 assists (iirc) in the entire second half of the season. That is not good.

Don't think it's changed. Why else would players on short contracts be worth less than longer ones?

It used to be the sole driving factor in a player's valuation. Now it's simply one of many.

Nowadays a player close to a contract's end maybe cheaper if there's no prospect of him signing a new one. That's about it though.

3Sixty

Lallana is a great player.

You also have to take into consideration he is our best player, club captain, England starter, has 4 years left on his contract and contrary to popular belief have no desire to sell.

GorillaJu

It used to be the sole driving factor in a player's valuation. Now it's simply one of many.

Nowadays a player close to a contract's end maybe cheaper if there's no prospect of him signing a new one. That's about it though.

I wouldn't argue that it isn't more complicated than it perhaps was originally. But the point is that players' values aren't decided on some imaginary quantifiable skill rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom