• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Hence the avatar change :p

But seriously, people were saying we got a lot of money for Thiago. But really, he is worth more, and will be worth much more in the future too imo. :(

If he stays injury free, there is no player in his age or younger, that I'd rather have.

But fuck. Of course, let's keep Cesc because it would be embarrassing to release him after the ridiculous signing fiasco.

it was an unlucky season for him but i have no doubt he will have a much bigger role next year when he is back in shape. plus he scored that goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JCF8ZrbxKk

i think everyone at bayern already knows that he will be our best player in the near future

https://vine.co/v/Md2Hxm0qD5x

i1ThXINbtWl2P.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I see Chiriches' real agent has categorically denied that he will be going to Fiorentina. We would be crazy to get rid of him, I think he had a very good first season until he got the back injury. For someone to go from the Romanian league to the PL and look so assured (sometimes a little too assured) was impressive. If he bulks up a bit he can be one of our first choice CBs, very good technical quality and reading of the game.

Feel our pain. You will never be able to get rid of Rooney. He will slow things down, occasionally have games where he plays like a pub player, and will ping it out to the wings any chance he gets.

I wanted to see how England would perform without him ever since Sturridge started banging them in for us

Shakira's singing voice is fucking annoying

Beautiful War by Kings of Leon is the most fucking lazy song I've ever heard

'Even if you were just your smile and your little finger, you'd be more of a man than anyone I've ever met' is the worst piece of scriptwriting I've ever seen

Razor554

I see Alexis got 3 assists in Chile-Egypt match.

4'th top scorer of La Liga with 0 penalties

More assists than Ronaldo , Neymar , Iniesta in La Liga

Scored in some of the most important games in La Liga

Zubi wants to sell him

Labadal

On Lambert:

I still think it's a strange transfer.

If he can deliver for 2 seasons, it will be worth it.

Man Utd bought Sheringham when he was 31 and that worked out well.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
On Lambert:

I still think it's a strange transfer.

If he can deliver for 2 seasons, it will be worth it.

Man Utd bought Sheringham when he was 31 and that worked out well.

I don't think it's strange at all. You can get rid of rubbish players like Borini and Aspas and have an experienced and reliable forward on the bench instead. Lambert is a very good player, he will contribute more than Alberto, Moses, etc put together.

Scum

I wanted to see how England would perform without him ever since Sturridge started banging them in for us

Shakira's singing voice is fucking annoying

Beautiful War by Kings of Leon is the most fucking lazy song I've ever heard

'Even if you were just your smile and your little finger, you'd be more of a man than anyone I've ever met' is the worst piece of scriptwriting I've ever seen
Lallana on the left. Sturridge up top. Sterling on the right.

Wilshere/Barkley, Gerrard and Henderson in the middle. Barry should have gone instead of Lampard.

I see Chiriches' real agent has categorically denied that he will be going to Fiorentina. We would be crazy to get rid of him, I think he had a very good first season until he got the back injury. For someone to go from the Romanian league to the PL and look so assured (sometimes a little too assured) was impressive. If he bulks up a bit he can be one of our first choice CBs, very good technical quality and reading of the game.
Chiri and Verts, pls. Make it happen Ush.

I see Alexis got 3 assists in Chile-Egypt match.

4'th top scorer of La Liga with 0 penalties

More assists than Ronaldo , Neymar , Iniesta in La Liga

Scored in some of the most important games in La Liga

Zubi wants to sell him
FF, pls. Just get rid of Zubi.

Scum

Johnson so bad

He and Rooney would have to score 3 own goals for 5 matches running to be dropped.

At least Sturridge remains boss

Let's talk about bad banter. When I arrived at work a Man Utd fan came up to me and said 'Peru must be shit, letting a Liverpool player score against them.' How does one respond to that?
At least Sturridge fucking scored. And a great goal at that. Rooney was a hindrance. Again.

pappe

I don't think it's strange at all. You can get rid of rubbish players like Borini and Aspas and have an experienced and reliable forward on the bench instead. Lambert is a very good player, he will contribute more than Alberto, Moses, etc put together.

I can already see Lambert with his near perfect penalty scoring record. Scores the last minute penalty (Gerrard went off injured in the 60th minute) the last kick of the game and helping Liverpool enter the knockout stages.

The Fairy tale will be complete

Yeah well Iniesta never was an goal scorer, he only scores golazos from time to time (like in yesterday for Spain).

He hardly provides assists too.

thats not exactly hard to do tbf

Liverpool are signing players

Man U still got Anderson

This is starting off as a repeat of last summer. Why the hell haven't we wrapped up Shaw and Lallana signings yet god fucking knows.

Liverpool will get Lallana too if I had to guess, because fuck wit Woodward is still there.

Man U still got Anderson

This is starting off as a repeat of last summer. Why the hell haven't we wrapped up Shaw and Lallana signings yet god fucking knows.

Liverpool will get Lallana too if I had to guess, because fuck wit Woodward is still there.

Why would you want Lallana?

Clegg

Man U still got Anderson

We're not even after Lallana.

Calm down.

TeddyBoy

Man U still got Anderson

I didn't know United were interested in Lallana.

You haven't signed anyone because Van Gaal hasn't seen your squad to decide who needs to be upgraded, if Van Gaal is happy with Buttner at left back and thinks he can improve with game time then signing Shaw for £30m would be a total waste.

Man U still got Anderson

This is starting off as a repeat of last summer.

To be fair to Woodward, this was always going to be a long window for you. The players you're desperate for will have no reason whatsoever to rush into signing for you, there's a huge oppurtunity to get inflated wages to makes up for the lack of CL football next year. And the same goes for their present clubs, who will also exploit that fact and use it to prise more money out of you.

Plus, it's far smoother to buy squad options than it is buying players to almost definitely make the difference between 7th and 4th, as the price goes up, so do the length of negotiations normally. Look at how quickly Lambert looks to be getting done compared to Lallana. Helped by the fact that Lambert will have informed Southampton immediately that he wants to join us, while I feel Lallana would feel okay spending another season there, he has plenty of time left to get a massive move, maybe even one bigger than a move to us.

For you to get good business done early, you'd have had to overpay even more than you will end up doing.

edit: Plus, as mentioned above, new manager, new plans, new priorities. July 25th is when you should worry if you still haven't made any big moves, given the World Cup

pappe

So Navas it out of the World Cup now?

Take Deulofeu pls.

Deulofeu was horrible last night. Heavy touches, loosing possession, etc. probably just nerves but even at Everton he did nothing to prove he should be taken to the World cup. I dont understand why he is so highly rated.

Deulofeu was horrible last night. Heavy touches, loosing possession, etc. probably just nerves but even at Everton he did nothing to prove he should be taken to the World cup. I dont understand why he is so highly rated.
Papi I just want them to leave DDG and Mata at home.

Err, how could you possibly spin it into it being a good thing that De Gea is left at home?

1) Keepers rarely get injured, especially reserve ones
2) He could feel he has to move back to Spain for a look-in with the national team

Err, how could you possibly spin it into it being a good thing that De Gea is left at home?

1) Keepers rarely get injured, especially reserve ones
2) He could feel he has to move back to Spain for a look-in with the national team
It's not about him getting injured it's about him being able to join pre season from the start.

He will want to go back eventually anyway I don't think being 3rd keeper will change his mind very much about his prospects.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
he snubbed De Gea simply because he's young and he can go to the next three World Cups anyway

and he snubbed Llorente because he's only beautiful.

Linius

Goal: Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Tim Krul (Newcaste United, Eng), Michel Vorm (Swansea City, Eng).

Defenders: Daley Blind (Ajax), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Joël Veltman (Ajax), Paul Verhaegh (FC Augsburg, Dui), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa, Eng), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord)

Midfielders: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Leroy Fer (Norwich City, Eng), Jonathan De Guzman (Swansea City, Eng), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan, Ita), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray, Tur), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV)

Attackers: Memphis Depay (PSV), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04, Dui), Dirk Kuijt (Fenerbahçe, Tur), Jeremain Lens (Dinamo Kiev, Oek), Robin van Persie (Manchester United, Eng), Arjen Robben (Bayern München, Dui)

Ey976zt.jpg

#PROUDLIONS

Goal: Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Tim Krul (Newcaste United, Eng), Michel Vorm (Swansea City, Eng).

Defenders: Daley Blind (Ajax), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Joël Veltman (Ajax), Paul Verhaegh (FC Augsburg, Dui), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa, Eng), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord)

Midfielders: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Leroy Fer (Norwich City, Eng), Jonathan De Guzman (Swansea City, Eng), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan, Ita), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray, Tur), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV)

Attackers: Memphis Depay (PSV), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04, Dui), Dirk Kuijt (Fenerbahçe, Tur), Jeremain Lens (Dinamo Kiev, Oek), Robin van Persie (Manchester United, Eng), Arjen Robben (Bayern München, Dui)

Ey976zt.jpg

#PROUDLIONS

2 top class players

Worst Holland squad since when?

GorillaJu

Ey976zt.jpg

#PROUDLIONS

Goodness me that is a weak squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom