• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness me that is a weak squad.

It's crazy that Van der Vaart and Sneijder declined, and suddenly their depth has been exposed. I'm sure there were other great Dutch players in 2010, but I'm struggling to think of them

edit: Hey, Odd. What are your thoughts on the item-chasing aspect of Dota? Seems a little pointless to me, I'm only really interested in the game, the items are just gravy, yet others seem to spend a hell of a lot of time and money thinking about that stuff. Maybebe it's just because I wouldn't even recognise that someone was using an item :p

Messi

DeGea is not in Spanish squad? Huh. So it's Iker, Reina and?

Also Negredo dropped so the options are Torres, Villa and a crocked Diego Costa.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why does he hate our players?

tumblr_mmy4hwxbbw1s9g34jo1_500.gif

Vicente del Bosque is suffering from post-WC-win syndrome. It happened to Lippi too and he left G.Rossi, Cassano and Balotelli at home.

Also Negredo dropped so the options are Torres, Villa and a crocked Diego Costa.

Torres is a tenth as good as he was 6 years ago
Villa is a fifth as good as he was 4 years ago
Costa is dead

Cesc as false 9 it is

Messi

Torres is a tenth as good as he was 6 years ago
Villa is a fifth as good as he was 4 years ago
Costa is dead

Cesc as false 9 it is

You underestimate Del Bosques ability to choose Torres despite how bad he has gotten. Dropping Negredo and Llorente shows this. Torres will be in that squad.

My prediction is Torres, Costa, Cesc, Iniesta, Pedro will be the attackers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

David CLUTCH Villa will deliver again on the big stage.

r599286_3889034.jpg

He fucking scored FIVE of Spain's pathetic eight goals in 2010.

These 2 are gonna bomb Italy out something chronic

If I'm not mistaken, Italy's record is quite poor lately against Uruguay.

Randdalf

It's crazy that Van der Vaart and Sneijder declined, and suddenly their depth has been exposed. I'm sure there were other great Dutch players in 2010, but I'm struggling to think of them

edit: Hey, Odd. What are your thoughts on the item-chasing aspect of Dota? Seems a little pointless to me, I'm only really interested in the game, the items are just gravy, yet others seem to spend a hell of a lot of time and money thinking about that stuff. Maybebe it's just because I wouldn't even recognise that someone was using an item :p

I don't really care for items on Dota or TF2 except the Community Stickybomb Lancher Valve gave me. You can completely ignore Dota items as they are entirely cosmetic - no effect on gameplay.

8 goals to win the World Cup. 7 matches. Yet it was only in 2012 where people realised just how fucking dull they had become. The fuck happened there?

I hate to say it (not really) but I'd gladly see England twatted out within 2 games if Spain also failed to get through the group stage somehow.

Group C is an odd one. 3 good teams, but I wouldn't bet against England to beat any of them.

GorillaJu

After you play for a while it tends to get its hooks into you. Items are entirely aesthetic and thus just for prestige, but I like them. One of the benefits is that items which are only available for a limited time tend to increase in value over time, and you can sell them later. If I decided to clear out my Dota 2 inventory I'd probably have $500-ish in items... though this is nothing compared to some others I've seen.

Feorax

Still don't think he'll put one in.

I'm not convinced he will either.

Saints doing all the right things for this one. It's a good response to our take it or leave it offer because it's neither really. That being said, I suspect we'll probably walk away once the world cup starts.

After you play for a while it tends to get its hooks into you. Items are entirely aesthetic and thus just for prestige, but I like them. One of the benefits is that items which are only available for a limited time tend to increase in value over time, and you can sell them later. If I decided to clear out my Dota 2 inventory I'd probably have $500-ish in items... though this is nothing compared to some others I've seen.
Yep. I have around 2000 dollars worth of item in Dota... A few of my friends playing have ten times that.

It's a crazy micro economy.

Messi

that's true actually. Spa-rça were the true WC winners.

But Casillas deserves some love too, eh? <3

Absolutely, without Iker that game could have been 3 or 4-0. Also if Robben could score for shit.

Love this image

Casillas-Puyol-Van-Persie.jpg

I can't find the other one but there is an image of Iker sitting on an advertising board after the final crying that just slays me.

Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster.

Daehli will style on Russia in 13 hours.

iNCDpEn1yOfdl.gif

By style on, I mean he will do great, but add no end product

That kids getting better with every game for Cardiff City. Left Ashley Cole standing a couple of times in his last game. As harsh as it might sound I'm glad Norway aren't at the World Cup... last thing I'd want is him placing himself in the shop window.

then why the fuck do we keep taking him? XD

He has a kind of odd world cup history

2006: Went when he was blatantly unfit, got sent off for stamping on Carvalho's bollocks, was not very good
2010: Was unfit again (iirc), did nothing ecept for have a pop at the England fans (somewhat but not entirely justifiably) after the Algeria match, was not very good.
2014: Relegated to the bench as Sturridge breaks Klose/Ronaldo's record in one tournament, and England do what they fucking blatantly should do and play a proper attacking 4-3-3.

Fergie

Banned
And Mata still gets in at the expense of Navas for example.

Wasn't there a rumour that it was the opposite.

:lol

Happy for Mata, I'm sure he wanted to go.

At least if Casillas gets injured, De Gea can step up.

Loads of dead players in there. Most likely a new batch of spaniards, come the next Euro or World Cup.

pulga

Banned
Oh god, the tapping up begins. "Id like Pogba to sign for Madrid"

GIcmawA.png

I'm so sorry yurt-san, zabo :( if its any consolation:

0qmt1lk.png

Juve has agreed to terms with Morata! The only hitch now is the buy back clause.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh god, the tapping up begins. "Id like Pogba to sign for Madrid"

GIcmawA.png

I'm so sorry yurt-san, zabo :( if its any consolation:

0qmt1lk.png

Juve has agreed to terms with Morata! The only hitch now is the buy back clause.

tapping up is useless, if we don't want to sell, we won't.

Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster.

That kids getting better with every game for Cardiff City. Left Ashley Cole standing a couple of times in his last game. As harsh as it might sound I'm glad Norway aren't at the World Cup... last thing I'd want is him placing himself in the shop window.

Before I welcome you... is your username pronounced 'kel-tic' or 'sell-tic', this is important

Jarnet87

then why the fuck do we keep taking him? XD

Pressure from English media to take this so called "golden generation" is my guess. Shit managers getting the job and picking players on name rather then merit. We are talking about the same team that pushed Paul Scholes out to the left to accommodate Gerrard and Lampard in central midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom