• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
It's not even that, it's that eating 10 of anything in a day can't possibly be good for you. It's all about balance.

What made you start doing this? Was it that thread on OT awhile back?

I'm no eating only bananas. The bananas are just for the potassium and other nutrients. I can train longer without cramps since i've added the bananas t o my diet.

No I'm gonna start cycling competitively

Zabojnik

Gazzetta: "Juventus are thinking of bringing Domenico Berardi to Turin this summer instead of letting him stay at Sassuolo for another year."

i3rP2lFb6FNDa.gif

Lies, all lies. Don't play with my heart, you fucking muppets.

New girl at work walks into my office to chat. We talk about movies, she casually mentions that she's into horror movies, "but not just the normal kind, I like when the girl is attacked, like when they get raped and stuff"

Me:

Gazzetta: "Juventus are thinking of bringing Domenico Berardi to Turin this summer instead of letting him stay at Sassuolo for another year."

i3rP2lFb6FNDa.gif

Lies, all lies. Don't play with my heart, you fucking muppets.

I know how you feel. I want to see it so much. Berardi at Juve and Mastour at Milan. Next season will be great for young Italians.

GorillaJu

How the fuck does someone just...say that.

Anyways, Di Maria will be sold, book it.

I'm always astonished/entertained by people who talk openly as if they should feel completely comfortable telling you things you'd normally only trust someone you've known for a long time. I mean we do that here but we have anonymity.

My boss was talking to me in the elevator about a co worker who takes a Japanese class with me, a really pretty girl from Uzbekistan, and he's like "women like her were put on earth for one reason, to make men like us happy." I was just gobsmacked he'd say something so degrading to me as if we're best buds.

If it looks like Lallana isn't going to happen then we really should be all over that.

LoL you say that like Di Maria would be an option B. Dude is like the best winger in the world right now:

- Dribbling
- Speed
- Positioning
- Passing
- Powerful shot

Complete winger in my book.

GorillaJu

The thing is that Di Maria is expendable from Real's point of view, in the same way that Robben and Sneijder were, despite still being excellent players. This makes him attainable to a degree. When they decide they don't need someone, it doesn't matter how good they are, Real Madrid gonna Real.

I could see a few PL clubs being interested in him—the Mou connection is there at Chelsea, City always seem to sign players in their primes, and United are desperate for an improvement on the wings. I do think we'd have an advantage in that at the moment Liverpool is looked at pretty favorably, with a positive manager, attacking philosophy and exciting play, however when it comes to standing and of course finances, we can't really compete with the other big CL clubs.

TeddyBoy

If it looks like Lallana isn't going to happen then we really should be all over that.

I don't think Di Maria would be happy playing rotation for us, with Suarez ahead of him it would be difficult for Di Maria to play a lot of games consecutively.

Feorax

LoL you say that like Di Maria would be an option B. Dude is like the best winger in the world right now:

- Dribbling
- Speed
- Positioning
- Passing
- Powerful shot

Complete winger in my book.

He'd be a starter, in the same way I'd expect Lallana to be a starter. I can see us rotatingg Suarez and Sturridge a lot more next season with European football, meaning we'd need another winger to start on the opposite flank to Sterling.

GorillaJu

I don't think Di Maria would be happy playing rotation for us, with Suarez ahead of him it would be difficult for Di Maria to play a lot of games consecutively.

Sturridge and Suarez swapping as they like to do, Di Maria bringing the ball forward from the right and playing it into the box, Raheem in the playmaking position. He, Coutinho and Sterling would rotate as to who starts, but all of them would get game time in basically every match. Lambert slotting in for more rotation to give Suarez a breather.

We'd only be bringing in one top class wide player and from his interviews Shaqiri seems like he'd be keen with the idea. Lallana obviously is the closest to happening based on rumors but if Southampton are confident they can get 30 from someone, then it won't be us. Di Maria, if available, should take precedence, but if we got one of those three, the other two definitely wouldn't happen.

All just hypotheticals anyway, I really don't think Real are selling Di Maria.

Lightning

Banned
The card game in final fantasy 8 is driving me fucking nuts. The random rule sucks, the plus rule is complicated but I keep getting screwed by it.

Been a long time since I played this game. The junction system is annoying now but I can tolerate it but this card game once you start exploring the world is a nightmare.

Doesn't help that Seifer, Rinoa and Zell cards are always first to go and there the best cards and anal to get back.

Montolivo out means we'll go after a midfielder, which became our first priority. I still think that we should buy a CB first (and Rami was great at that last season), unless we want to suffer another year with Zapata-Mexes or, God forbid, Zapata-Bonera.
Hmm guys, is it possible to play Football Manager online against others around the world? And how does that work? Can only one player have a Ronaldo, or can many players have the same player on their team?

Yes, FM has an option for online play: everybody picks a team (one team per player, no duplicates), there's only one Ronaldo, one Messi, one Matri - every player can make offers for them and buy them, but there won't be two Ronaldos for two different Real Madrid. Only one Ronaldo, playing in one team.

It's pretty fun, as long as everybody's internet connection is stable and fast, and the admin remember to save a lot, usually right before and after a match. Otherwise, prepare to cry a lot after seeing Lewandowski score six goals against Tottenham minutes before FM crashes, obviously after nobody saved the game.

GorillaJu

Why would we want Fabregas? Liverpool play with speed and energy. Adding Fabregas to our midfield would be like purposefully putting a flat tire on a Ferrari.

Linius

Robben and Sneijder will both be participating in their sixth big tournament for the national team. They equal record keepers Van der Sar and Winter. All of these except for Robben are Ajax homegrown.

#randomfacts #proudlions

wedward

Why would we want Fabregas? Liverpool play with speed and energy. Adding Fabregas to our midfield would be like purposefully putting a flat tire on a Ferrari.

Because Henderson is a marathon runner who can't pass and Gerard is 6 months away from a wheel chair.

Don't pretend your midfield is full of pace

Fabregas is a huge upgrade over coutinho if you play him as a 10.

Blablurn

Robben and Sneijder will both be participating in their sixth big tournament for the national team. They equal record keepers Van der Sar and Winter. All of these except for Robben are Ajax homegrown.

#randomfacts #proudlions

i enjoy to see my campaign marching on through this thread

Pachimari

Montolivo out means we'll go after a midfielder, which became our first priority. I still think that we should buy a CB first (and Rami was great at that last season), unless we want to suffer another year with Zapata-Mexes or, God forbid, Zapata-Bonera.

Yes, FM has an option for online play: everybody picks a team (one team per player, no duplicates), there's only one Ronaldo, one Messi, one Matri - every player can make offers for them and buy them, but there won't be two Ronaldos for two different Real Madrid. Only one Ronaldo, playing in one team.

It's pretty fun, as long as everybody's internet connection is stable and fast, and the admin remember to save a lot, usually right before and after a match. Otherwise, prepare to cry a lot after seeing Lewandowski score six goals against Tottenham minutes before FM crashes, obviously after nobody saved the game.
Oh so just up my road. Any of you in here playing it online?

And why are we even discussing Di Maria. He wants to stay at Madrid first and foremost and Perez has said that he wants him to stay here for many years.

He have been EXCELLENT in midfield and Ancelotti clearly rates him highly.

If we're gonna sell him it'll be for at least €35-40 million. And I think we would even ask for a little more. The thing is, it looks like we won't sell him.

Lightning

Banned
Lol. Amazingly terrible post. One of the absolute best midfielders in the game and better than any midfielder in your squad, or our squad for that matter and you post like he's Diame...

Fabregas would make any team in the PL much better. Simple as that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gazzetta: "Juventus are thinking of bringing Domenico Berardi to Turin this summer instead of letting him stay at Sassuolo for another year.".
No no no no no

NO! Not again! It'll be Gabbi, we all know it. And besides, Mirko Graziano is as reliable as Blablurn when it comes to rumours.
How the fuck does someone just...say that.
isn't that a common fantasy? :p
I'm always astonished/entertained by people who talk openly as if they should feel completely comfortable telling you things you'd normally only trust someone you've known for a long time. I mean we do that here but we have anonymity.

My boss was talking to me in the elevator about a co worker who takes a Japanese class with me, a really pretty girl from Uzbekistan, and he's like "women like her were put on earth for one reason, to make men like us happy." I was just gobsmacked he'd say something so degrading to me as if we're best buds.

They really do have some beauties there, some of them look Slavic/Persian.
or at least the one I slept with last year did

your boss sounds like a nutter :lol :lol please tell me he's Japanese with a comb-over :lol

Some people can't decide on what to share with whom. Someone I know who I rarely meet does a similar thing and tells me fairly personal stories even though he clearly shouldn't.

I don't know what to associate it with though, could be lack of good friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom