• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pls don't attack me.

iNslSsdb416H1.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck we were shit tonight, Ireland looked like Spain at times, England'll walk all over us come the 14th or whenever, Bonucci and Paletta were a disgrace, god preserve Chiellini and Barzagli or we're screwed.

The injury to Montolivo was the one good thing to come out of today's match (edit: of course I hope he gets well soon, so he can start sucking again playing for Milan, I just don't think he deserves a place in the squad), that will make it slightly more likely for Verratti to get a starting spot in the team. He's just brilliant really, such a shame he didn't join Juve, the deal seemed all but done at the time:/

How did England play against Peru?

Don't worry that was barely Italy's B team to begin with.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Torres has turned down Inter and wants to fight for a place on our bench next season. Good for him...

that's the official line! :p

But we all know that Inter can't match his current salary (13.9 million GBP) or even pay him half of it.

The ideal Real Madrid transfer activity:

Sell:
Arbeloa
Morata (with buy-back option)

Loan:
Casimero

Buy:
Attacker
Right-back to complete with Carvajal (focus on speed to facilitate counter attacking play)

Edit: LOL forgot to write Morata's name

Tc91

Shamoon Hafez ‏@ShamoonHafez 4m
#MUFC submit offer in region of €40m for Cesc Fabregas and willing to give player €6m per year after tax. Currently on €5m at #Barca [Marca]

Good news in the morning.

Tap him up Dave.

Clegg

The Telegraaf says LvG has given Woodward a list of players to sign by the time he takes over as manager. The list includes Hummels, Strootman, Konoplyanka and Schweinsteiger.

Off you pop Wooders. Do your magic.

sohois

The Telegraaf says LvG has given Woodward a list of players to sign by the time he takes over as manager. The list includes Hummels, Strootman, Konoplyanka and Schweinsteiger.

Like a child's Christmas list, full of unattainable things.

Clegg

Like a child's Christmas list, full of unattainable things.
I actually think Strootman and Konoplyanka would be attainable. Roma will sell for the right money and Kono was all set to leave last year.

But if LvG expects Woodward to sign at least two of those and Shaw he'll be in for a surprise.

Derp1na

Banned

Having never seen Konoplyanka play I can tell you that he's shit. To be fair, I probably have seen him play, but he was just that shit that it didn't register that he was a Premier League quality player. I watch a lot of the Europa League, you see, and I vaguely remember pointing out Dnipropetrovsk being where those crazed Ukrainian killers are from while watching one of their matches. Oh yes, it was against Spurs. I also saw him against England, against whom he scored. Anyway, the point is that he's shit.

I don't want Strootman simply for the fact that it sets a bad precedent, just like David Moyes signing Fellaini, half of Everton's backroom staff, and lining up moves for the rest of the Everton squad. Hummels could be a good signing. You have to ask yourself why Schweinsteiger would move to ManYoo. I recall an interview he gave where he said his brother is a hardcore ManYoo fan, but that's a pretty shit reason. ManYoo should focus their efforts on offering Fabregas more money than Arsenal. Money talks.

I don't think Roma will be under any pressure to sell Strootman seeing as Benatia seems to be going.

Money is money I suppose but I guess it would be £30m at least.

Be surprised if the club sanctioned his signing on the back of his injury - though I guess it depends where he is in his recovery.

L1NETT

Let's have a little theoretical situation. Say United had like 3 top wingers

But Ronaldo was gonna be let go and wanted back to England

Let him go to Chelsea or Arsenal?

GQman2121

Banned
I don't think Roma will be under any pressure to sell Strootman seeing as Benatia seems to be going.

Money is money I suppose but I guess it would be £30m at least.

Be surprised if the club sanctioned his signing on the back of his injury - though I guess it depends where he is in his recovery.

Roma are apparently in decent shape financially now with CL games to look forward too and the Lamela business last summer. Benatia won't be cheap for anyone who comes asking.

Do you really want Stootman?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Let's have a little theoretical situation. Say United had like 3 top wingers

But Ronaldo was gonna be let go and wanted back to England

Let him go to Chelsea or Arsenal?

it depends

is he being let go for being shit/injured?

or for being too greedy? ;)

edit: Wow. Shit/injured sounds like Shinji. I'm gonna call him Shitinjured Kagawa from now on

Hixx

"Meanwhile, reports have also emerged linking Hull City with a £5m move for Sunderland winger Adam Johnson.

Johnson enjoyed his best season in a Sunderland shirt last term, although it is possible Poyet could be tempted to part with the former England man if the price was right.

However the Black Cats are unlikely to accept a £5m loss on a player who joined them from Manchester City two years ago."

£5m for Johnson are you off your FUCKING MASSIVE tits, Bruce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom