• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

You're talking like an oil club was already in the league. They are going to inflate salaries like they did in the Premier League.

No they won't -- even though the league only pays a portion of Designated Players' salaries, they have control over the salaries and determine a maximum amount that can be paid, etc.. The Philadelphia Union wanted to pay Maurice Edu $1.2m a year and the league wouldn't allow it. The final figure came in under $1m.

MLS is run very, very, very differently than most every other league in the world. In fact, it's run quite differently than the other sports leagues in the US where there is a salary cap in some but a bit of freedom in how you spend.

hiroshawn

Banned
I've been eating at least ten bananas a day for the past week and drinking lots of water (Plus other foods as well.) Feels good man.

I've been eating at least ten bananas a day for the past week and drinking lots of water (Plus other foods as well.) Feels good man.

it7Wi5A5l4KTO.gif

Elchele

No they won't -- even though the league only pays a portion of Designated Players' salaries, they have control over the salaries and determine a maximum amount that can be paid, etc.. The Philadelphia Union wanted to pay Maurice Edu $1.2m a year and the league wouldn't allow it. The final figure came in under $1m.

MLS is run very, very, very differently than most every other league in the world. In fact, it's run quite differently than the other sports leagues in the US where there is a salary cap in some but a bit of freedom in how you spend.

I've seen MLS twisting the rules to get players to join/stay

Pachimari

Hmm guys, is it possible to play Football Manager online against others around the world? And how does that work? Can only one player have a Ronaldo, or can many players have the same player on their team?

Tc91

Did it seem like Froch was ahead in the early rounds?

Everyone nearby in the ground felt Groves was well ahead before he got KO'ed.

Jim Watt had Froch 5-1 up, alot of people seemed to agree with him and Khan had Groves winning. Seemed fairly close but Froch edging it.

You guys remember Return of The King? Where the elves, Frodo and Bilbo go to the Undying Lands after accomplishing everything?

I've always felt that MLS is sort of like that for football stars. A place where they go to die.

Well career-wise.

Edit: Holy shit is Lyla hot.

hiroshawn

Banned
Best toothbrush i've used thus far. No bells and whistles.

http://hello-products.com/

Since I've stopped gambling I feel like a savant. I notice things now. My Portuguese is coming along well. I'm gonna learn Spanish after then Japanese. I also got rid of bed. I sleep on a yoga mat. Feels good man.

Barzul

I eat one banana a day blended in my protein shake. Don't know how you manage to do 10. Do you blend or just stuff them down?

King_Moc

Banned
Fabregas to Liverpool is a thing now? Yeah, no fucking way. If he's not going to Arsenal, then he's not going to the premier league.

I think this may genuinely kill you. Please stop, if only for the fact that I'll be haunted by feeling I could have done more. That really sounds like it could do you in.

Herr K

Banned
Montolivo and Montes both picked up serious injury, sad for both men and their teams.

Montolivo broke his tibia. He'll be out for at least 2 moths and tomorrow the brilliant staff at Milanello will determine whether he needs to undergo surgery or not.

That must be a nightmare.

hiroshawn

Banned
Fabregas to Liverpool is a thing now? Yeah, no fucking way. If he's not going to Arsenal, then he's not going to the premier league.

I think this may genuinely kill you. Please stop, if only for the fact that I'll be haunted by feeling I could have done more. That really sounds like it could do you in.

The lethal dose of potassium chloride is 2500mgs per kg of body weight in 30 seconds. 400mgs of potassium in one decent sized banana.

http://thebananagirl.com/potassium-overdose-on-30-bananas-a-day-2.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom