• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremino

Nobody wants Fabregas.

His home town don't want him. His adopted club don't want him. The Arabs don't want to waste a barrel on him. Brendan doesn't want to touch his face. Van Gaal doesn't wanna show him his dick.

I almost feel sorry for him.

cescnncu0.gif

wedward

No one does.

He looked average to pretty good when he had a string of games while Sagna was hurt. Didn't really play at all since then and in his few appearances looked rusty.

That's about all there really is. Nobody says he is world class. He has talent. Realistically he needs to go on loan, but I don't think that will happen.

He is also a lifelong Arsenal fan so it would be cool to see him succeed here.

Salvadora

What potential do you think Arsenal fans see in him, Lego? Don't even think KidA and yourself you deny the massive leap in quality since his arrival. Follow the trajectory.

jtb

Banned
Jenkinson isn't a project, he's already a good player. solid, reliable defensively. and he's really athletic and a good crosser of the ball. he'll be fine.

LegoArmo

What potential do you think Arsenal fans see in him, Lego? Don't even think KidA and yourself you deny the massive leap in quality since his arrival. Follow the trajectory.

Just saw a few Arsenal fans, awhile back, talking about when Sagna leaves, bringing in someone experienced until Jenkinson is ready. Now you're buying someone younger, just wondering where that leaves Carl.

wedward

Just saw a few Arsenal fans, awhile back, talking about when Sagna leaves, bringing in someone experienced until Jenkinson is ready. Now you're buying someone younger, just wondering where that leaves Carl.

He is definitely in a tough spot. Don't think he is ready to be first choice but probably too good to be sitting on the bench.

jtb

Banned
Gibbs/Monreal are around the same level of quality. neither great, but neither are liabilities either. I imagine Aurier and Jenkinson will be the same kind of thing.

jtb

Banned
I'm drinking the Jenkinson kool-aid. Sagna is a quality right back; no shame in not playing with him in front of you. if he plays like he did a season ago when Sagna broke his leg, he can easily be a long-term starter at the position like Sagna was.

that shouldn't keep us from signing Aurier, of course, but I believe in Jenkinson.

LegoArmo

In a lot of ways I don't think Arsenal's defence is about personnel.

If your new right back can cross like Sagna and is competent, you're good to go.

Clegg

There's something extremely enjoyable about hacking a grenade near a steam vent, attracting armed guards towards the explosion and then blowing them all up by hacking the vent.

Salvadora

It's a bit concerning that Arsenal's fullbacks can at most be considered good, but not great. Gibbs doesn't offer enough going forward but is solid in defence. Monreal is more lively going forward but more suspect than Gibbs at the back. Sagna had a great season, but is gone. Jenkinson is a question mark for any prolonged stay in the starting 11. Bit worried that Aurier will take a season to adapt (+ ACON). Other teams seem to get much more out of those positions.

Zabojnik

Juventus and Real Madrid are gonna play each other in the Unesco Cup in Turin today. At 18:30.

Legends, legends everywhere. Also, the press are hyping the dinner between the two clubs' entourage that'll follow as a crucial player-dealing event. Florentino pls.

Pachimari

If we leave with either Vidal or Pogba I'll be happy. Or if Zidane scores a wonder goal.

Who do you rate most of your 2 midfielders?

Zabojnik

If we leave with either Vidal or Pogba I'll be happy. Or if Zidane scores a wonder goal.

Who do you rate most of your 2 midfielders?

Padoin Kenobi.

Vidal >>> Pogba, though the latter has the potential to become a true GOAT, if he keeps improving. Which he likely will. As of right now, Vidal is a much more substantial midfielder, a master tackler and box-to-box pressing beast with a great, Ramsey-like sense of finding himself in the right place at the right time. Hence the 15+ goals he brings to the season's tally. Pogba is a physical beast, has an amazing shot and all-around great technique, but lacks Vidal's intensity. He can be unstoppable with the ball at his feet and is certainly flashy enough to be a Madrid player, haha. What he needs to improve is his sense of positioning, intensity over the arc of 90-minutes and learn how to use his glorious body to its full extent.

If I had to guess: Ancelotti would prefer Vidal, Perez would sign Pogba.
You'll get neither. Leave them alone. :(

The US has got to shore up their back line. No way Germany or Portugal doesn't take advantage of their poor play. I really don't understand why the US cannot produce a high quality CB. Bradley is serviceable in the midfield, Dempsey is Dempsey, and Wondo, I think, is highly underrated. If the US could find someone to anchor their defense the team would have a chance to make it out of their group. But as it is now, with this back 4, it's going to be brutal.

My best bet is to find another team to root for along with the US. I think I'm leaning the Dutch. Robin, van Persie, and sneijder are so much fun to watch. I know I'll just be disappointed early if I choose England. France and Italy are pretty much impossible for anyone to root for. Germany and Spain are too chalk. I think the choice is between Argentina and the Netherlands. Probably will see how it plays out that first week of the group stage.

It's just you.

I just started following the EPL and it seems a lot of their players are connected to transfer rumors. I've read through the entire thread and other than learning useful and imaginative ways to use the word cunt, transfer rumors involving Southampton players was a constant topic. Shaw, Lambert, Lallana etc etc.

The US has got to shore up their back line. No way Germany or Portugal doesn't take advantage of their poor play. I really don't understand why the US cannot produce a high quality CB. Bradley is serviceable in the midfield, Dempsey is Dempsey, and Wondo, I think, is highly underrated. If the US could find someone to anchor their defense the team would have a chance to make it out of their group. But as it is now, with this back 4, it's going to be brutal.

My best bet is to find another team to root for along with the US. I think I'm leaning the Dutch. Robin, van Persie, and sneijder are so much fun to watch. I know I'll just be disappointed early if I choose England. France and Italy are pretty much impossible for anyone to root for. Germany and Spain are too chalk. I think the choice is between Argentina and the Netherlands. Probably will see how it plays out that first week of the group stage.
Netherlands aren't making it out of the group stage either. In fact, since they play earlier they'll actually be eliminated before the US.

Salazar

Nobody wants Fabregas.

His home town don't want him. His adopted club don't want him. The Arabs don't want to waste a barrel on him. Brendan doesn't want to touch his face. Van Gaal doesn't wanna show him his dick.

I almost feel sorry for him.

His face is going to age strangely, too.

Marc

FIFA vice-president Jim Boyce saying he would support a revote for Qatar.

The ground is swelling! I hope evidence shows something was up, since everyone knows it was bought. What should happen is the 2018 bid should go for another vote as well since they happened at the same time. Maybe short notice, but who is to say billionaire oil barons of Russia didn't buy votes... as it is as obvious as Qatar but just a more legitimate bid so gets a pass. And they are both being investigated but only Qatar gets a mention. Meeting today about it all, not sure if we will hear anything though.

England wins the world cup in Brazil, then does the double when it wins the bid for 2018. Football is coming home chaps.

Derp1na

Banned
I just started following the EPL and it seems a lot of their players are connected to transfer rumors. I've read through the entire thread and other than learning useful and imaginative ways to use the word cunt, transfer rumors involving Southampton players was a constant topic. Shaw, Lambert, Lallana etc etc.

:lol

I was just kidding. Yeah, it looks pretty certain that all of their best English players are off. It's for a variety of reasons, but it's mainly because they owe £27m in transfers fees and English players are sought after by the big teams because there are rules that require you to have a certain amount of home grown players. Not to mention that they've all played really well since getting promoted 2 seasons ago.

The players will be getting much higher wages than Southampton could realistically afford, other than Lambert who'll likely be a bench player, but he supports Liverpool and is 32.

FIFA vice-president Jim Boyce saying he would support a revote for Qatar.

The ground is swelling! I hope evidence shows something was up, since everyone knows it was bought. What should happen is the 2018 bid should go for another vote as well since they happened at the same time. Maybe short notice, but who is to say billionaire oil barons of Russia didn't buy votes... as it is as obvious as Qatar but just a more legitimate bid so gets a pass. And they are both being investigated but only Qatar gets a mention. Meeting today about it all, not sure if we will hear anything though.

England wins the world cup in Brazil, then does the double when it wins the bid for 2018. Football is coming home chaps.
Lol, Englishmen still bitter they had the worst bid.

Slizz

Jus got home. People gotta be sour from that GoT ep. I fucking loved it.

Ramsey Bolton baby. Im a sick sonofabitch. Plus the other epic shit...

Marc

Lol, Englishmen still bitter they had the worst bid.

Do you honestly believe the best league in the world had the worst bid?

:p

Russian police will shake down the fans and be more drunk than the football crowd whereas ours will just kettle them until they riot. You'll imprison people for saying slightly offensive things and we'll imprison people for saying racist things. Its a fucking disgrace!

Honestly though, clearly money changed hands as FIFA are corrupt as fuck. That is not to say money didn't change hands on our end, but we were probably cheap about it. If there was a vote again with clear barriers to bribes or influence then I would be fine if Russia won again.

Why the fuck am I looking forward to the Ecuador and Honduras matches? They'll definitely be dreadful.

That's nothing.

I'm looking forward to the Park Ji Sung charity match in a few hours. I'm desperate. The only players I recognize are Park, El Shaarawy, Zambrotta, and the running man cast.

BpFXAsvCIAA2S_w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom